Thread: Setting up meeting places if SHTF

Setting up meeting places if SHTF

This is a supplement to this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175553

Don't know if it's ever been discussed before, but how will those in the freedom movement find each other if we lose communication? Any ideas?

I think we should have at least 4 designated locations nation wide, probably on someone's private land, or an obscure national park or something.

It never hurts to be prepared.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Bunker Talk Express is coming to you LIVE from an undisclosed location in the Arizona desert..."
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    This is a supplement to this: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175553

Don't know if it's ever been discussed before, but how will those in the freedom movement find each other if we lose communication? Any ideas?

I think we should have at least 4 designated locations nation wide, probably on someone's private land, or an obscure national park or something.

It never hurts to be prepared.
    Only four? There should be meeting places in every general part of a state.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    Only four? There should be meeting places in every general part of a state.
    Wouldn't that spread us out too thin?

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Wouldn't that spread us out too thin?
    why is spreading out thin a problem?

why would you run from concentration camps to become your own camps?

camps and dense gatherings make easy target.

besides, the more people you have, the more likely you'll have rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_LA View Post
    why is spreading out thin a problem?

why would you run from concentration camps to become your own camps?

camps and dense gatherings make easy target.

besides, the more people you have, the more likely you'll have rats.
    I'm thinking in terms of protecting ourselves. There's power in numbers. You know, circling the wagons. It's too easy to overtake small groups.

Traps can be set for rats.

my dad has 300 acres in Ohio. Im bugging out there

I also know of many pretty hard to get to places in SE Ohio and in the mountains of WV that could be habitable during the warmer months

In the event, I'm not going to some remote place and waiting to see who else shows.

Get in tight with your local meetup so you can be effective from day one. And if you have a 'bug out spot', get in with the meetup there, too. At least they'll know your name when the time comes to call them allies.

Small groups can be overrun, but large groups can too--if you have the might the government has. As for rat traps, well, we aren't rats and they might not know what to bait the trap with. Besides, I think we're a little smarter than your average pack of rodents...

All politics is local. Save your own piece of ground--we'll stitch it all back together when we can. Get in with your meetup!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in with Deb. We NEEd to have some sort of organization if things do go down. If you peeps want to do your own thing that is great but for the ones who want to band together there should be some sort of safe ground for us to go to if needed. JMO.

I been thinking of this and related stuff for quite sometime.

Namely, how do you organize "decentralized" ANYTHING. If we could solve this riddle we could do all sorts of stuff like this together.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    As for rat traps, well, we aren't rats and they might not know what to bait the trap with. Besides, I think we're a little smarter than your average pack of rodents...
    I was responding to Josh_LA's remark about how bigger groups attract rats.

If SHTF in winter, you guys should come hide in the mountains here in AZ. If you're staying long term, go up to the grand canyon or the forests where its cooler. And remember your survival gear! Not many trees in the southern half of the state, except for lawn citrus trees. I've heard of people hiding out there from the feds and never getting caught!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm thinking in terms of protecting ourselves. There's power in numbers. You know, circling the wagons. It's too easy to overtake small groups.

Traps can be set for rats.
    Honey, RAT as in secret informants, tattle tellers, traitors, infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I been thinking of this and related stuff for quite sometime.

Namely, how do you organize "decentralized" ANYTHING. If we could solve this riddle we could do all sorts of stuff like this together.
    decentralization is by definition UNCONCENTRATED, an in a way UNORGANIZED.

it means a few people can get the job done, or one person can take care of himself, THATS what we should be going for, if there's one lesson in freedom living, it's to NOT trust or rely on another person.

Honey, RAT as in secret informants, tattle tellers, traitors, infiltrators.
    Well no $#@!....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I suggest we do what another poster suggested and get with our local meetups, HAM radio groups, gun owner's rights groups, etc. AND we should organize at least 4 other locations nation wide where those who choose to can go to be with a much larger group.

I'm not saying it will positively get to this point, but think about what the Jews could have done for themselves if they had been given the time to organize? Many of them refused to believe the rumors flying about. Others took it seriously and got the hell outta there. It would behoove us to remember the past lest we repeat it.

Well no $#@!....
    good luck trapping them.

I'm not saying it will positively get to this point, but think about what the Jews could have done for themselves if they had been given the time to organize? Many of them refused to believe the rumors flying about. Others took it seriously and got the hell outta there. It would behoove us to remember the past lest we repeat it.
    Are you talking about Jews in WW2 Germany ?

How do you think they were caught and captured? Because they stayed in their ghetto neighborhoods where people knew they lived. If they lived scattered around, how would they have been hunted down?

How do you run from a concentration camp by becoming one? You don't, you run, hide and trust nobody. If they want to gas and bomb a whole city just to catch one of us, too bad. (ooops, that's what they did in Iraq and Palestine, ain't it!)

good luck trapping them.
    Oh come on! You don't think you could sniff out a rat from amongst us?

Oh come on! You don't think you could sniff out a rat from amongst us?
    I really don't. Sadly, the only surest way is to assume everybody is a rat. But at the same time, if you're not doing anything wrong,you have nothing to rat about.

Are you talking about Jews in WW2 Germany ?

How do you think they were caught and captured? Because they stayed in their ghetto neighborhoods where people knew they lived. If they lived scattered around, how would they have been hunted down?
    Exactly. That is why I am suggesting meeting points.

How do you run from a concentration camp by becoming one? You don't, you run, hide and trust nobody. If they want to gas and bomb a whole city just to catch one of us, too bad. (ooops, that's what they did in Iraq and Palestine, ain't it!)
    How did a meeting point become a concentration camp?

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    yes, we can all meet in Lake Jackson, at Ron Pauls house

Exactly. That is why I am suggesting meeting points.

How did a meeting point become a concentration camp?
    if you don't want to spread thin, what else is it?

a big number of people gathered in general area, is a concentration camp, or a target for bombing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    yes, we can all meet in Lake Jackson, at Ron Pauls house
    sounds solid to me..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

if we have any miners here, it might be a good time to plan a tunnel system for when SHTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Can we get a national map and start working on updating information there? Like the C4L map and just kind of add little markers for rally points?
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

I agree with Josh_La on this one.

Think guerilla. If you think fortress, you are just creating a target.

Branch Davidians, Elohim City, ... too cloistered. American Ghettos are too culturally mixed today and will probably side with the feds to sustain subsidies. It's too dang hard to bring down a citzenry with guns to begin with much less apprehend thousands of households by an aggressor and not expect that aggressor to "disappear". That's why TPTB need to round up combatants and concentrate them in one area.

Kenedy County seems like a good county if SHTF.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186