Thread: Man Facing Ten Years For Anarchist Symbol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Man Facing Ten Years For Anarchist Symbol

Last edited by Allen72289; 01-17-2009 at 12:28 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $19k to clean it up? That is fcken retarded. Give me a few hundred and I'd sit there listening to Mises.org audio all day cleaning it up. And I'd have fun doing so.

This speaks volumes. The judge presents the STATE. Wonder if he'll get a fair trial.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

20 k is cheap considering the government would hire 20 employees just to supervise the project.

It would appear that he is facing ten years for putting the symbol on a federal building, not for making an Anarchist symbol..I thought this was going to be something that ticked me off...however it's just something dumb.

It wasn't the content, but the crime itself.
    >Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
    >Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spray, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
    - Earlie Cuyler

Quote Originally Posted by asimplegirl View Post
    It would appear that he is facing ten years for putting the symbol on a federal building, not for making an Anarchist symbol..I thought this was going to be something that ticked me off...however it's just something dumb.

It wasn't the content, but the crime itself.
    Yeah, the title got your attention though.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen72289 View Post
    Yeah, the title got your attention though.
    attention through means of trickery = fail

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
    -Amendment VIII

Yeah, he's got grounds to argue the punishment is unconstitutional.

Huh $20,000 fine or 10 years in prison. Either-way this is a piss poor use of justice and our legal system. Other than the court forcing him to work and remove it, I'm not getting this crap as far he's concerned he outta be able to write whatever he wants on a federal building. If he's a rich athlete, I bet some of his taxes went to it.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by M House View Post
    Huh $20,000 fine or 10 years in prison. Either-way this is a piss poor use of justice and our legal system. Other than the court forcing him to work and remove it, I'm not getting this crap as far he's concerned he outta be able to write whatever he wants on a federal building. If he's a rich athlete, I bet some of his taxes went to it.
    Somebody in the comment section over there claimed that he doesn't pay taxes. I don't know where they got that idea though. It could be true, and I could see how that would be part of his government protest, but you'd think the article would mention that the state was investigating him for it, or they were also looking to bring up tax evasion charges against him, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys Sideburns
    Open up your windows. The change is already starting. I just saw a unicorn dancing on a rainbow!

I wouldn't say he should be able to destroy property that isn't his.

But, he should just be made to remove the graffiti..or at least pay for it.
    >Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
    >Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spray, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
    - Earlie Cuyler

But, he should just be made to remove the graffiti..or at least pay for it.
    They are making him pay for it, to the tune of $20 grand. Apparently paint removal is an astronomically expensive procedure, far beyond what our primitive plebian minds can comprehend.
    Open up your windows. The change is already starting. I just saw a unicorn dancing on a rainbow!

I wouldn't say he should be able to destroy property that isn't his.
    The government doesnt legitimately own that property either. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by danberkeley View Post
    The government doesnt legitimately own that property either. Just sayin'.
    I know, but according to them (the law) they do...I know, its really dumb. Just sayin'.
    - Earlie Cuyler

I'm not buying that the single layer slop he did couldn't have been removed in a few seconds with a pressure washer.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by M House View Post
    I'm not buying that the single layer slop he did couldn't have been removed in a few seconds with a pressure washer.
    Yeah, this clean-up job should cost a few hundred dollars, maximum. $20,000 is certainly excessive punishment, and the sad thing is that it's even the better option. The possible prison sentence is also excessive, and bordering on cruel punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Yeah, this clean-up job should cost a few hundred dollars, maximum. $20,000 is certainly excessive punishment, and the sad thing is that it's even the better option. The possible prison sentence is also excessive, and bordering on cruel punishment.
    Bordering?

Ten years or $20,000 for painting a symbol on a government building? Both of those are cruel punishments, as $1000 and removing the symbol would have sufficed.

But, what do you expect, the economy is failing, and the government needs mo' money.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm a huge MMA fan and Jeff Monson is one badass motherfucker
    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f7/jef...andoff-843592/
    This is perhaps the coolest pic in human existance

He also wore an "Assasinate Bush" tshirt to a fight.

Those pics are great.
    - Earlie Cuyler