Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Odds for 2012: 50/1

Ron Paul Odds for 2012: 50/1

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...day-537712824/

DUBLIN, Jan. 16, 2009 (Canada NewsWire via COMTEX) ----To mark the inauguration of Barack Obama as the forty-fourth President of the United States of America, Irish bookmaking chain Paddy Power are offering a wide range of Obama themed betting opportunities.

With an expected domestic TV audience in excess of 50-million, customers of Paddy Power can place bets on the duration of President Obama's speech, what "cliche" he will first mention during his address, the actual number of viewers that tune in and whether the TV audience will exceed that of Superbowl XLIII.

Other Obama bets on offer from Paddy Power include which country (after Canada) Obama will first officially visit as President of the United States, his first year approval ratings and how many Oscar winners will mention Obama in their acceptance speech!

Paddy Power famously paid out over EUR 1,000,000 on Barack Obama winning the 2008 Presidential race a full 10-days before polling day last year. Already President Obama is the bookmaker's odds-on 4-5 favourite to win in 2012 which gives him a 56% of success.
    US Presidential Election 2012 - Winning Candidate (Next President)

4/5 Barack Obama
    7/1 Sarah Palin
    10/1 Hillary Clinton
    11/1 Mitt Romney
    14/1 Mike Huckabee
    16/1 Joe Biden
    20/1 Jon Huntsman
    25/1 Bobby Jindal
    33/1 Fred Thompson
    33/1 Bill Owens
    40/1 Evan Bayh
    40/1 Rudolph Giuliani
    40/1 Jeb Bush
    40/1 Lindsey Graham
    40/1 David Petraeus
    50/1 Tom Ridge
    50/1 Ron Paul
    66/1 John McCain
    66/1 Al Gore

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    holy hell.. Palin at 7/1 ... H.Clinton at 10/1 .. that's a scary list. Look at all the nutjobs that they're giving good odds to. Yikes. Giuliani? Jeb $#@!ing Bush??
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

Yeeeaaahhh ron paul!!!!!!!!
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

When Al Gore creates his climate-altering machine and bends everyone to his will, I believe these odds will change.

Bwua Ha Ha Ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker921 View Post
    holy hell.. Palin at 7/1 ... H.Clinton at 10/1 .. that's a scary list. Look at all the nutjobs that they're giving good odds to. Yikes. Giuliani? Jeb $#@!ing Bush??
    I know...it's all a little ridiculous. But...hell, at least they acknowledged his existence.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

I think Huckabee could have a good run in 2012 if Obama doesn't make good on his promises (not that it benefits us).

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    I think Huckabee could have a good run in 2012 if Obama doesn't make good on his promises (not that it benefits us).
    I think your right. With his own tv show on Fox now he can just become more and more well known. Then again, he may be happy to have his own tv show...I mean who wouldn't want to have their own tv show!
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    Eh, I don't think so. I can't see many people liking him....not only that, those odds are greatly distorted. Does anyone in the country NOT think Sarah Palin is a complete and total moron?

I'm tellin' you guys, odds for Ron in 2012 are great.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if paul gets as much positive coverage then as he is now i think the odds are for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    ....those odds are greatly distorted. Does anyone in the country NOT think Sarah Palin is a complete and total moron?
    http://www.rlcil.org/2009/01/16/new-...v-sarah-palin/

I'm not a betting person, but if he announces a run and the odds stay 50/1, it would be a bet I'd be willing to put some money on.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Is there even going to be a United States in 2012?

Maybe Canada and the Mexicans might have someone running.. lol
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

I'm guessing all Ron Paul has to do is announce he is running and his odds will shoot up to like 25/1

I wish TW was here to throw some cynicism ya'lls way.

Voting is pointless, someone like Ron Paul can't win, and the only "change" headed our way is for the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I highly doubt it, and I really don't care what the polls say. The sentiment I've picked up is she's a complete klutz and kook and I've really never met anyone that likes her. Plus, remember the GOP isn't exactly a powerhouse anymore.

Believe whatever numbers you want...I don't believe em.

Who the heck is Jon Huntsman? And does anybody know the breakdown list this same group gave four years ago on Presidential odds?
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    And does anybody know the breakdown list this same group gave four years ago on Presidential odds?
    I don't know about this same group, but I know some professional odds makers had RP at about 200/1 to start with, and he peaked at about 50/1 shortly before the Iowa caucus. These aren't exact numbers, just the best I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Who the heck is Jon Huntsman?
    He was the only one on the list I didn't recognize. Huntsman is the republican governor of Utah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Huntsman,_Jr.

Did we not learning anything from RP's run last year? The game is rigged, and anyway, we should not be trying to vote in our masters even if they are Ron Paul. Voting is simply a suggestion box for slaves. The mainstream media controls popular thought. They are NEVER going to become libertarian as long as we have a federal government in charge. We need to realize that government brings us NOTHING and suggesting different masters every 4 years is a total waste of time if you are for total freedom. We simply must not comply with the BS. There is no use for a federal government nor will there ever be. We need to grow up as a society and get past the idea of mommy and daddy government.

I am convinced that if we stop talking about silly crap and get serious, we can run a 4 year campaign and win. Ron Paul and someone very well liked as his VP. Peter Schiff perhaps, Steve Forbes maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    I am convinced that if we stop talking about silly crap and get serious, we can run a 4 year campaign and win. Ron Paul and someone very well liked as his VP. Peter Schiff perhaps, Steve Forbes maybe.
    I agree...which is why he should announce now, so we can start telling everyone about it NOW. And, forget Steve Forbes. If I recall correctly, he was originally a fan of some of the bailouts.

And at RevolutionSD, I suppose you want to torch the Constitution then? Government has its proper role.

we need to take over control of the GOP. next time there won't be guys like Sal from Michigan saying things like "RP should be excluded from all debates."

like many here, i do not feel that good about having to associate heavily w/the current republican party - but laws limit libertarians (and Bob Barr was a schmuck) so i do it. i'll gladly continue to push for acceptance of our platform, and it should be easier as the current GOP rallies in opposition to Obama's Bush-like positions.

my .02

No Mark Sanford?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    No Mark Sanford?
    I have trouble trusting someone who campaigned for John McCain.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't believe the odds are so high for Obama considering that the economy/recession will get much worse during his presidency according to RP and Schiff.

Oh c'mon... Jeb Bush is 40/1. No way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    Oh c'mon... Jeb Bush is 40/1. No way in hell.
    Jeb said he's not running

Why would Giuliani have better odds when he did far worse than Paul in the primaries?

Lindsey Graham 40/1? What are these oddsmakers smoking? That video of him calling bigots whoever opposes his amnesty should ruin any chance he has.

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    I agree...which is why he should announce now, so we can start telling everyone about it NOW. And, forget Steve Forbes. If I recall correctly, he was originally a fan of some of the bailouts.

And at RevolutionSD, I suppose you want to torch the Constitution then? Government has its proper role.
    The constitution was torched a LONG time ago. Bush just put the finishing touches on it. And he's right, it's just a goddamn piece of paper. What makes you think we can turn government around? If you haven't noticed, they do what they want.

Tell me how we're going to turn a coercive, violent organization into a benevolent one and I'm game for another election. Otherwise it's just a WOT to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast