Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: OMG!!! High-ranking Dem to hold hearings on BCS

  1. #1

    OMG!!! High-ranking Dem to hold hearings on BCS

    This is a bunch of bull $#@! if I've ever seen any. Why should the government give a rats ass how NCAA Football decides a national championship? Talk about a waste of tax payer money and total bull $#@! by congress when they should be spending more time on something more important to the country than if the NCAA has a play off or not. :evil:

    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28674868/

    Rep. Edolphus Towns, D-N.Y., the incoming chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said he will hold hearings and possibly subpoena NCAA officials, college presidents, players, coaches and athletics directors in an effort to force a playoff in Division 1-A football, USA Today reports.

    "I think you really do not get a true No. 1 out of (the Bowl Championship Series)," Towns told the newspaper. "Nobody questions the Super Bowl. The team that wins is the best team that year. I think we can do the same thing at the college level where once it's over there is no questions about who is No. 1 and who is No. 2."



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Ludicrous.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  4. #3
    They will spend more time on this than they did the bailout.

  5. #4
    Considering that they will do less damage to the country using their time on meaningless crap... I endorse this...
    In fact, we need them to look into playoffs for college football.
    Uniforms for cheerleaders.
    Supplements for weightlifters.
    Types of wood used in major league baseball bats.
    Regulations on golf clubs.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Considering that they will do less damage to the country using their time on meaningless crap... I endorse this...
    In fact, we need them to look into playoffs for college football.
    Uniforms for cheerleaders.
    Supplements for weightlifters.
    Types of wood used in major league baseball bats.
    Regulations on golf clubs.
    I'd like to see them focus on regulations for grass, clay and concrete surfaces for tennis courts.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'd like to see them focus on regulations for grass, clay and concrete surfaces for tennis courts.
    Anything but dreaming up more bailouts, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I don't really care if I happen to be wrong about your positions, you are wrong about mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    My tax dollars paid to fund ISIS and make fake beheading videos. Are you saying we shouldn't get our monies worth??

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'd like to see them focus on regulations for grass, clay and concrete surfaces for tennis courts.
    regulate what swimmers wear in competition. those new suits are rigging the game.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

  9. #8
    Is this a surprise to anyone?

    The Federal Government wants it's hand in everything.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    The taxpayer will somehow end up paying for all the extra games (not to mention the hearing).
    "You ain't fooling nobody.........with the lights out!"

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Considering that they will do less damage to the country using their time on meaningless crap... I endorse this...
    In fact, we need them to look into playoffs for college football.
    Uniforms for cheerleaders.
    Supplements for weightlifters.
    Types of wood used in major league baseball bats.
    Regulations on golf clubs.
    LMAO! The sad thing is that it is absolutely true. In fact I propose using the next 700 billion to instantly make everyone in congress, congressmen for life so long as they retire from any new legislation. Man how pathetic is it that this would honestly make us better off than we are now.

  13. #11
    Look at it this way: at least while they're keeping busy
    "They [the Soviets] intend...to induce the Americans to adopt their own 'restructuring' and convergence of the Soviet and American systems ... Convergence will be accompanied by blood baths and political re-education camps in Western Europe and the United States. The Soviet strategists are counting on an economic depression in the United States and intend to introduce their reformed model of socialism with a human face as an alternative to the American system during the depression."
    Anatoliy Golitsyn The Perestroika Deception 1990


  14. #12
    Weren't there hearings on Capitol Hill surrounding the whole use of steroids in baseball blah blah blah?

    Ridiculous.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

  15. #13
    Being an individual who likes sports and who posts on a college football forum, I can tell you with first hand experience that people support this.

    The vast majority of members on the forum are happy Congress is getting involved, because they too want a playoff. Regardless of the fact that Congress has no reason to get involved.

    People love government...if it benefits them.

  16. #14
    execute the morons that voted these Congressional BCS bill initiators and it's co-signers... into office

    Why is America Screwed-up? My goodness, go over to Europe and ask a person what they think of Americans... "RICH and STUPID"

    Next week in CONGRESS... Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds interrogations, for TERRORISTS actions with Steroids!
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-16-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

    "All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826



    Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
  2. Rep. Peter King (IRA - NY) to hold second set of hearings on US Muslims
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 09:17 PM
  3. Peter King is right to hold hearings on Islamic extremism
    By Agorism in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2010, 08:51 AM
  5. State Democrats Hold Hearings Confiscate IRAs
    By Change in forum News About The Official Campaign
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •