Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When does RP have to decide by, for a 2012 run?

When does RP have to decide by, for a 2012 run?

Isn't there some sort of deadline, or something, for Ron Paul to decide whether or not he's going to run in 2012?

When is that deadline?
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    Middle of this year
    Alright, cool, thanks for the rough estimate
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

I doubt he will run, although I think he would be stupid not to.

Based on when he decided to run for 2008, he would decide between Jan and March of 2011.

-t

Based on when he decided to run for 2008, he would decide between Jan and March of 2011.
    I think that that is one mistake he won't make again.

He should run long enough to enter the first couple of debates at least.

he doesn't "have" to do anything. give the man some freedom.

If he's gonna do it, the earlier the better IMO. If he waits till everybody else stars throwing their hat into the ring he'll be drowned out in the media. He needs to start soon and perpetuate his message and continue to tell it like it is and reminding everyone that he's running so when everything he says comes true like the collapsing of the dollar he can say here is the cure.

Part of me says that he should help someone else run and keep his seat in Congress. He could be there till the day he dies. His constituents know what they have going for them and he's very lucky for that. But RP needs is in his early seventies and he has become popular with an extremely younger base and IMO he needs to transfer his political standing onto someone, maybe Rand, but someone needs to carry the torch or I think we'll lose a lot of support for Liberty.

*EDIT* I didn't mean to imply he should file the paper work yet but at least plant the seeds if it is his goal. I just reread that and it sounded as though it came of that way. Sorry.
    Last edited by roho76; 01-15-2009 at 01:26 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It'd be best if he announced early. We could donate money in chunks, and we could all eventually max out, tell friends and family, and really get the ball rolling.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Ron Paul won't run again. If he does you will be surprised how many former supporters will not support him again. He lost a lot of support when he didn't follow through on his pledge to stay in the race until the convention and to try to win it there. Also using money donated to the presidential campaign for his congressional race was not wise at all. Nothing illegal about it, but it did make many that donated to his campaign think twice about supporting him again. That money should have all been spent on the presidential race. Ron Paul had a bad campaign staff and that was his fault because he chose them. Sorry, but Ron Paul talks a good game, but he doesn't follow through. I see no reason to support him anymore. Sadly he is only better than most politicians, but he is still a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Ron Paul won't run again. If he does you will be surprised how many former supporters will not support him again. He lost a lot of support when he didn't follow through on his pledge to stay in the race until the convention and to try to win it there. Also using money donated to the presidential campaign for his congressional race was not wise at all. Nothing illegal about it, but it did make many that donated to his campaign think twice about supporting him again. That money should have all been spent on the presidential race. Ron Paul had a bad campaign staff and that was his fault because he chose them. Sorry, but Ron Paul talks a good game, but he doesn't follow through. I see no reason to support him anymore. Sadly he is only better than most politicians, but he is still a politician.
    I think you're 100% wrong there. People that identify with his platform won't support him because there was no way we could win at the convention when even our own people didn't show up? That's total bunk.

There are a ton of reasons why 2012 would be GREAT for our message, his candidacy, and I KNOW we'll garner MUCH more support.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Are you serious? He DID stay in the race until the convention. He was on the ballot in every remaining primary after McCain "won." I think that's the definition of staying in the race. Oh, and then there was that Rally for the Republic, which was right next door to the Republican National Convention. I think that's the definition of staying all the way until the convention.

Oh and then there were all his supporters who tried their very best to win locally and at the state conventions, but came up short in most cases because they were outnumbered but in a few cases because the Party pulled every dirty trick to keep them out.

So I don't know what fantasy you were expecting, but RP did stay in the race until the convention and tried as hard as he could to have his voice heard.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

If Paul wins he'll be 80 at the end of his first term and the oldest person elected to the presidency beating out Regan.
    Rules to gain ground for our efforts. Remember we are the role models for liberty don't abuse it.
    Constructive criticism
    No condescending tones
    Allow room for disagreement
    Be respectful
    It takes time
    Don't flip out when "bad" things happen
    Be forward looking and be part of the solution not just the reaction
    There is no perfect candidate
    Support freedom locally as well as nationally
    Don't worry about negatives said against us but instead worry about giving something positive to say.

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    It'd be best if he announced early. We could donate money in chunks, and we could all eventually max out, tell friends and family, and really get the ball rolling.
    You can max out at $2,300 -per year-.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    Then I suppose the sooner we get started, the better!

he needs to announce now IMO. he has a ton of great interviews going right now and is getting praise from those on the networks as knowing how to fix things. he has a ton of momentum right now and ild really like to see that continue before any of the other asshats put their name out there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    he needs to announce now IMO. he has a ton of great interviews going right now and is getting praise from those on the networks as knowing how to fix things. he has a ton of momentum right now and ild really like to see that continue before any of the other asshats put their name out there.
    Agreed. I wish there was some way we could contact him or Benton (even though I think Benton dropped the ball on numerous occasions) and get this started.

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I'm not convinced he ever really gets letters through that link. However, I know some people here are very close with what was the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    I think it's $2,300 per election cycle, not per year. Once a candidate formally announces his candidacy, you can contribute this amount only, though the convention. The primary campaign represents a cycle and then the the actual presidential campaign represents another cycle.

There is also a lot of empty rhetoric on these threads about how RP needs to coordinate more closely with the grassroots. Election law does not allow him to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
    I think it's $2,300 per election cycle, not per year. Once a candidate formally announces his candidacy, you can contribute this amount only, though the convention. The primary campaign represents a cycle and then the the actual presidential campaign represents another cycle.

There is also a lot of empty rhetoric on these threads about how RP needs to coordinate more closely with the grassroots. Election law does not allow him to do so.
    That's what I thought to be true, too. I do think it'd be a sin if he didn't run, though.

How many times does he have to say he is not going to run, before this question stops being asked?
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    How many times does he have to say he is not going to run, before this question stops being asked?
    He never said he wasn't going to run. How many times does that need to be brought up before you stop posting out of ignorance? There's an interview where Benton says they still have to decide if Ron will run in 2012.

Now, do you want to stop with the attitude? It's not needed, plus it's ill informed.

If he ran I'd max out and give up taking any vacations for a year.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If RP decides to run again, please post ASAP, OP. I need plenty of time to make some campaign propaganda!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I think RP has paid his dues for Liberty. If he wants to run again, that'd be great, but I certainly won't fault him for doing whatever else he feels like.

Well I look at it this way. If he can manage to run again he needs a good VP pick. If the man gives four more years (really 8 with campaigning) to the US it would quite a noble thing.

If he has a good VP pick, then he could step down after his first term, and let the VP continue. A policy of change could be maintained for 12 years this way. I think Ron Paul has it in him, and I think he is the single person in the government who could reform the monetary system and give the people back their freedom.

So I am fully behind Ron Paul if his health allows it. There simply is nobody in government like him, at least in DC. I just hope he can find a good VP, and make a real solid commitment to reform the monetary system and reinforce limitations on the Federal Government.

Although knowing Ron Paul he would fight everyday for America and it's citizens. It would make me proud to be an American if he were able to win. So don't count him out, if Obama continues with crazy government intervention, he will cause a serious problem in our economy, and one that Ron Paul would be quite capable of meeting head on.

I think Ron Paul is gaining momentmum and is not near peaking. He has had more positive publicity now, then he was running. I think we did awesome considering no name recognition and guys like Mitt Romney campaigning 2 years before us. We also now have close to a million people in the movement that can donate and campaign. It would be the most impressive "grassroots" ever launched. It would be worth it just to see Ron in the debates again schooling these big gvt Rhinos. Why give that up?
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

This is probably an old thought in here, but why isn't there a push for Rand Paul to run?

Ron Paul is sadly just too old for another grueling presidential campaign. Let the man enjoy some well deserved rest, imo.
    No one can speak for me. No man is above me. None may exercise authority over me while I stand on my own property. The only valid law is the Natural Law discoverable by every man's ability to reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast