Thread: Weak Economy = More Speeding Tickets

Weak Economy = More Speeding Tickets

Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are talking about the Government, after all.

Bastards.

Yea...my husband just got a speeding ticket...basic speeding, nothing else...and it was $195
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

I thought it was just me being paranoid, but there was a thread here earlier talking about the same thing. The cops here in north texas have been out in full force. On my 20 minute drive to work I see at least two people pulled over. Sometimes as many as five. That is a noticeable increase from several months ago.

cops are paid big money for court cases.

if they catch a person obviously speeding, the person wont fight it and the cop wont make anymore money.

however, if they give a questionable ticket, the person will fight it and whether the cop loses or wins the cop is paid overtime.

the system is set up for corruption.

One of my buddies got a ticket for effing JAYWALKING the other day, $150. He said that other people were crossing at the same spot but they only caught him, wouldn't be shocked if it was one cop being a dick and racial profiling.

You know they need the money when they start persecuting jaywalking. If they actually enfored this I'd have to pay 3-4 times a day!

Cool

This I can believe to be true. Police in my area are now driving around at night ticketing cars parked in front of houses that are facing the wrong way. Matter of fact, I just got a $50 ticket for this the other night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine
    "Reason obeys itself, ignorance submits to what is dictated to it."

A good friend of mine teaches at a major university. He told me an unofficial verbal memo came down from "on high" that campus police would be fining EVERY SINGLE VIOLATION THEY COULD in order to increase revenue.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    A good friend of mine teaches at a major university. He told me an unofficial verbal memo came down from "on high" that campus police would be fining EVERY SINGLE VIOLATION THEY COULD in order to increase revenue.
    So what else is new?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Follow the rules of the road. Simple.
    "If Ron Paul had raised 22 million, he'd have 21.8 million on hand. That's about how he does not like to spend". -Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by V-rod View Post
    Some of those rules are absolutely ridiculous.

there are several zones in my area that are limited at 50km/h (30mph), and there are no houses, schools or civilization of any kind anywhere near them. They are also straight, and smooth, perfect for highway speeds, and not very busy.

Going the speed limit on these roads serves no purpose, as the speed limit is RIDICULOUS.

And what about the dumbass seat belt LAW? why should they get to charge money for your own personal health hazards?
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

I live in a suburban white trash town. The speed limit is 25 on nearly every street. Some of the busiest main roads the speed limit goes up to 30. There are only two highway like stretches that vary in speed from 35/40. The speed limit on my sreet is 15. Cars don't even go that slow.

Even my own mother has noticed and commented on the police being out on the road in full force.

You guys need to quit your complaining. They are out there to help protect us.

You obviously have no sense of patriotism.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    You guys need to quit your complaining. They are out there to help protect us.

You obviously have no sense of patriotism.
    You are a Great American!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by V-rod View Post
    The rules of the road were made at a time when most cars couldn't handle much faster than the speed limit. I used to drive an old clunker. By the time it'd get up to 50 it would shake like it was about to come off it's wheels. That's how a lot of cars were when speed limits came out.

I have a new car now I can go 80 and barely feel like I'm moving. They need to adjust speed limits with technology. Most of the time I'm on the highway 90% of people are going over the speed limit. Cops can just pick whoever they want for speeding from that pool of 90%. Sucks for the people they pick doesn't it?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.