Thread: Did you know it it against US law to boycott Israel?

Did you know it it against US law to boycott Israel?

Antiboycott Compliance

The Bureau is charged with administering and enforcing the Antiboycott Laws under the Export Administration Act. Those laws discourage, and in some circumstances, prohibit U.S. companies from furthering or supporting the boycott of Israel sponsored by the Arab League, and certain Moslem countries, including complying with certain requests for information designed to verify compliance with the boycott. Compliance with such requests may be prohibited by the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and may be reportable to the Bureau.

Boycott Alert

U.S. companies continue to report receiving requests to engage in activities that further or support the boycott of Israel. U.S. companies may receive similar requests in the future. If you have questions, please call (202) 482-2381 and ask for the Duty Officer or you may contact us by email.

Antiboycott Compliance Requirements

http://www.bis.doc.gov/complianceand...compliance.htm
    " Be sure to get your very own Orgoonian™ Action Figure while supplies last."
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video
    YouTube - Ron Paul rally in Bend, Oregon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCVo1...eature=related

All your delegates are belong to us!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    who runs this country again? It's the Puppet Masters behind the scenes, in the hallways, and Campaign financiers that truly control the country and government!

Did you know that American Taxpayers Subsidize Israeli Exports? Yet, another scheme to steal from Americans. We even subsidize Israeli Tomatoes... but in all seriousness, it's another way to covertly fund MONEY to ISRAEL.

For each violation of the EAR any or all of the following may be imposed:

• General denial of export privileges;
    • The imposition of fines of up to $11,000 per violation; and/or
    • Exclusion from practice.

oycott agreements under the TRA involve the denial of all or part of the foreign tax benefits discussed above.
    When the EAA is in lapse, penalties for violation of the Antiboycott Regulations are governed by the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA). The IEEPA Enhancement Act provides for penalties of up to the greater of $250,000 per violation or twice the value of the transaction for administrative violations of Antiboycott Regulations, and up to $1 million and 20 years imprisonment per violation for criminal antiboycott violations.

Simply incredibile!

Isn't this discrimination against the 100+ other countries we trade with?

Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-08-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I did not know that.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

And some people like to POKE FUN and RIDICULE telling the truth as "wearing a tinfoil hat".....

This is just so precious to debunk their whole arguments against the "conspiracy" that is ALIVE and WELL.

Now you know how seeing the Twin Towers fall brought a TON of smiles to faces around the globe
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

This just applies to US companies supporting boycotts sponsored by groups like the Arab League. It only applies to boycotts imposed by foreign countries and not sanctioned by the US. You are free to organize your own boycott if you wish.
    Who Is Covered by the Laws?
    The antiboycott provisions of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) apply to the activities of U.S. persons in the interstate or foreign commerce of the United States. The term "U.S. person" includes all individuals, corporations and unincorporated associations resident in the United States, including the permanent domestic affiliates of foreign concerns. U.S. persons also include U.S. citizens abroad (except when they reside abroad and are employed by non-U.S. persons) and the controlled in fact affiliates of domestic concerns. The test for "controlled in fact" is the ability to establish the general policies or to control the day to day operations of the foreign affiliate.

The scope of the EAR, as defined by Section 8 of the EAA, is limited to actions taken with intent to comply with, further, or support an unsanctioned foreign boycott.
    We imported $20 billion worth of goods from Israel in 2007 with the top ten being:
    1. Gem diamonds … US$9.5 billion – up 10.5% from 2006 (45.6% of Israel-to-U.S. exports)
    2. Dental, medical and pharmaceutical preparations … $2.7 billion – up 3.5% (12.9%)
    3. Telecommunications equipment … $746.8 million – up 17.6% (3.6%)
    4. Complete civilian aircraft … $685.9 million – up 41.6% (3.3%)
    5. Other hospital, medical and scientific equipment … $655 million – up 12.6% (3.1%)
    6. Electric apparatus and parts … $385.6 billion – up 11.3% (1.9%)
    7. Civilian aircraft engines … $370.5 million – up 52.6% (1.8%)
    8. Measuring, testing and control instruments … $337.1 million – down 9.8% (1.6%)
    9. Other military equipment … $271.3 million – up 223.2% (1.3%)
    10. Computer accessories, peripherals and parts … $254.6 billion – up 36.5% (1.2%).
    And our top ten exports to them ($13 billion worth):
    Of American exports to Israel in 2007, the following product categories had the highest values and in total represented 63% of all U.S. shipments into Israel.

1. Gem diamonds … US$4.9 billion – up 20.6% from 2006 (37.5% of Israeli imports from America)
    2. Complete civilian aircraft … $485.9 million – up 971.1% (3.7%)
    3. Complete military aircraft … $438.7 million – down 37.9% (3.4%)
    4. Civilian aircraft parts … $429.7 million – up 10.5% (3.3%)
    5. Other industrial machines … $418.9 million – up 106.4% (3.2%)
    6. Plastic materials … $332 million – up 82.2% (2.5%)
    7. Telecommunications equipment … $330.2 million – down 6.5% (2.5%)
    8. Ammunition, artillery, guns, missiles, rockets, tanks … $302.4 million – up 25.5% (2.3%)
    9. Other petroleum products … $294.7 million – up 48.1% (2.3%)
    10. Military-type parts … $283.4 million – down 5.3% (2.2%).
    http://import-export.suite101.com/ar...mports_exports
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-08-2009 at 02:05 PM.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    This just applies to US companies supporting boycotts sponsored by groups like the Arab League. It only applies to boycotts imposed by foreign countries and not sanctioned by the US. You are free to organize your own boycott if you wish.

We imported $20 billion worth of goods from Israel in 2007 with the top ten being:

And our top ten exports to them ($13 billion worth):

http://import-export.suite101.com/ar...mports_exports

Where's the facts on HOW MUCH of this trade is SUBSIDIZED by the American TAXPAYER?

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats...of_israel.html

even more details...

http://www.wrmea.com/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm

BILLIONS and BILLIONS!

We even import millions in Israeli Tomatoes... Yes the Irony... "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!"
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Oh no! Not tomatoes! Woe is us!

We import many foods from lots of other countries. Do you have proof that we are paying them to grow the tomatoes? Other than the purchase price? We get tomatoes from Italy too.

Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

"China has total respect for Donald Trump and for Donald Trump's very, very large brain," - Donald Trump.

"Yeah, I have to say these guys(trolls) are pretty sharp. Sort of good to get a challenge and sharpen your thoughts." NorthCarolinaLiberty

This just applies to US companies supporting boycotts sponsored by groups like the Arab League. It only applies to boycotts imposed by foreign countries and not sanctioned by the US. You are free to organize your own boycott if you wish

You see nothing wrong with this?
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgoonian View Post
    You see nothing wrong with this?
    Not supporting boycotts sponsored by foreign countries? As I said, you are free to start your own boycotts. Should other countries tell our businesses who they should boycott?

The headline said it was illegal to boycott Israel when it is not.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 01-08-2009 at 03:19 PM.

Not supporting boycotts sponsored by foreign countries? As I said, you are free to start your own boycotts. Should other countries tell our businesses who they should boycott?

The headline said it was illegal to boycott Israel when it is not.
    Lets not twist this.
    If i as a company owner should wish to join the Arab league
    in boycotting Zionist Israel,then i would be committing an illegal act.
    Yes,i would be free to form my own boycott,but the fact remains that my government
    is limiting my freedom.
    Ex Gladio Libertas
    Bend meetup video

It is the original title which was twisted. Not my responce. I quoted the exact same source to provide a more complete story of what was said.

What the hell does Israel export anyway?
    Draydels?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I have a list on the first page of this thread of their top ten in terms of dollar value.

I have a list on the first page of this thread of their top ten in terms of dollar value.
    I don't see Draydels on there... must be incomplete data, or lumped in with something like airplane parts or something.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Oh no! Not tomatoes! Woe is us!

We import many foods from lots of other countries. Do you have proof that we are paying them to grow the tomatoes? Other than the purchase price? We get tomatoes from Italy too.

Yes,tomatoes the Italian San Marzano Redortas are best in the world! Maybe that why we trade with them and of course the 1,000s of Italian restuarants, How do think New York Italian Restaurants and PIZZA are rated excellent.

I did a complete tracking of this, yet I cannot find the post. What I pointed out on the commerce was why from Israel, and why they are the most expensive out of any tomatoes in the world, and shipping noname tomatoes. Especially when Israel is very low on production and china and mexico are the largest producers/exports... there's other data points.

It's buried in threads on this board somewhere.

Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran