Thread: Running in 2010? leave a message...

Smile Running in 2010? leave a message...

If you are running in 2010, then leave a short message, bio, and plan.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am running for County Commission. I have launched my web site and currently gathering petition signatures. You can see the site @ http://www.heath2010.com My plan is simple CUT SPENDING & TAXES.
    Central Florida Politics

My comments are my own and do not reflect a candidate or a group.

Quote Originally Posted by heath.whiteaker View Post
    I am running for County Commission. I have launched my web site and currently gathering petition signatures. You can see the site @ http://www.heath2010.com My plan is simple CUT SPENDING & TAXES.
    nice site

It's a little early to say but there is a 75% chance I'm running for City Commissioner of Danville, KY.

I'm most likley running for city council in Apple Valley, MN.
    I support Ron Paul.

Running for county supervisor in '10

Me and my family are probably moving to either S.C., Georgia, or Texas in the spring. We have to get out of Michigan before things really get bad here. Where ever there are more liberty minded people, a good job market, and low cost of living is where we'll land. But I will actively seek politics when I get there. Anybody have any ideas which area would be best?

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Me and my family are probably moving to either S.C., Georgia, or Texas in the spring. We have to get out of Michigan before things really get bad here. Where ever there are more liberty minded people, a good job market, and low cost of living is where we'll land. But I will actively seek politics when I get there. Anybody have any ideas which area would be best?
    District 14
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    District 14
    That's what my wife said, too. I love her so much.

I am thinking about running in the Texas 31st district for congress.
    John Carter got this district because of redistricting, and I don't think anyone even knows why they elected him other than the fact his name has been the only one on the primary ballot.

As a former Michigander (MSU alumni) who has lived in S.C. Georgia and Texas I would choose Texas out of the three.

S.C. - I loved living in Charleston, great city, not much bad to say about it except that's about the only city in S.C. I would live in.

Georgia - I lived in Augusta. Very redneck, very good 'ol boy. A whole lot of people stuck there because the cost of living is low, dreaming of one day getting out. (I was lucky to get out).

Texas - I lived in San Antonio, great city. Austin is great too. Just an all around great state to live in and quite a lot of Ron Paul activity as well.

Moved to Florida because I wanted to live on the Gulf near nice sandy beaches.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

New Hampshire?

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    New Hampshire?
    In another thread, he specifically wants out of cold weather.

Anyway, even though my family is going through a lot do you guys think it would still be viable for me to run for state house against a bad incumbent Republican? I know I am young, but my knowledge of the issues combined with a common man, simple aspect will help. Not to mention that you wouldn't know I was that young if you just hear me since my voice is very low.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Well okay guys, I am running in 2010 for City Commissioner but here is the twist...

You have to be 21 to be eligible for office and I'm 18.

I am going to run a good campaign just to send a message and get my platform across and hopefully wake some people up in the meantime. I am going to be running as a write-in candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Call Me V View Post
    Well okay guys, I am running in 2010 for City Commissioner but here is the twist...

You have to be 21 to be eligible for office and I'm 18.

I am going to run a good campaign just to send a message and get my platform across and hopefully wake some people up in the meantime. I am going to be running as a write-in candidate.
    Is there anything that you can run for that you are eligible for? If so, please consider running for that position.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    Is there anything that you can run for that you are eligible for? If so, please consider running for that position.
    No. In KY you have to be at least 21 to run for any office.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hello my name is Ethan Reynolds and I am running for City Council this year. I have signs and much much more

I will make it better

Name: Ethan Reynolds
    Seeking position: City Council
    Political Party: GOP
    Hero: Ron Paul
    I am a strong Conservative and have been vote Ron Paul in Primary and Bob Barr for President.

I'm running for school board, but largely because my son is about to start kindergarten in the district and I want some control over the system in which he is to be taught. I was planning to run for the county legislature, but I'm putting that off, which is probably for the best as the school board is an easier race to win and it will give me a term of legislative experience under my belt before the county legislator run.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

Well I just learned today from a phone conversation I had with my SoState that I can be sued for running for an office i'm not eligible for.

Umm...

Any thoughts of what I should do?

At the moment i'm still going to do it anyway.

Well I just learned today from a phone conversation I had with my SoState that I can be sued for running for an office i'm not eligible for.

Umm...

Any thoughts of what I should do?

At the moment i'm still going to do it anyway.
    If you can be sued - why not run for an office you ARE eligible for? its not worth wasting the resources by staying in a race for which you are ineligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    If you can be sued - why not run for an office you ARE eligible for? its not worth wasting the resources by staying in a race for which you are ineligible.
    All offices in his state require one to be 21 years of age.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    I cant.

To some it would seem really silly to run for an office you are not eligible for but you have to look at some of the positives aspects. My main priority is to get the message of limited government and freedom back into the minds of Americans. If I can just cure one person's apathy, it will be all worth it. Another great thing about my run is it could also potentially influence the vote for other City Commissioners. It may be a longshot but it could even influence the City Commissioners themselves to finally cut spending, lower taxes and finally respect private property rights and individual freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    All offices in his state require one to be 21 years of age.
    Then perhaps he's better off running for office when he's 21. There is a shortage of good campaign volunteers in this world - perhaps that's a better role until he reaches 21.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I cant.
    Then don't run for office. This movement has a limited amount of available resources (individual labor for the movement is a resource). It's important to ask yourself before you undertake a labor for the movement whether or not you're maximizing your effectiveness.

To some it would seem really silly to run for an office you are not eligible for but you have to look at some of the positives aspects. My main priority is to get the message of limited government and freedom back into the minds of Americans.
    Then don't run for office. If your goal is educating the people, running for office is not your best move. The only reason to run for office is if you intend to win and serve in the seat. Anything else is disingenuous and for the most part a less effective use of resources. I've always said that the best way to "get out the message" in a political campaign is to actually run for the office and offer a credible candidacy. Why not just wait until you can offer that, and in the meantime undertake one of the many more effective methods of voter education out there?

If I can just cure one person's apathy, it will be all worth it.
    But see, there are better ways to energize the population. You'll turn more heads going door to door with literature, or working for a legitimate campaign for office.

Another great thing about my run is it could also potentially influence the vote for other City Commissioners. It may be a longshot but it could even influence the City Commissioners themselves to finally cut spending, lower taxes and finally respect private property rights and individual freedoms.
    This only works when a credible candidate runs for office. If you're under the age limit you're going to be written off - ignored. If you want to affect local legislators, the best way to do it is attend the meetings and present your argument during the public comment section of the meeting or approach legislators after the meeting and push your agenda. Local legislators are very wishy washy, if there is an assertive personality pushing an agenda - I've seen it happen on many local boards.

Running in Mon County, WV for State Legislature, website is up: www.kevinpatrickforhouse.info
    setting up campaign committee now, bio is on website. (-:
    Montani Semper Liberi,
    --- Kevin Patrick, Jr.
    Tel: 304.376.5288

Dean Santoro for Florida State House District 107

Fresh off lively and well traveled campaigns in 2008, I will be running for Florida State House in 2010. I look forward to launching our agenda into the mainstream. To all of you who supported me in my previous run thank you! You have made it possible for me to have an excellent chance at winning.
    Please visit my website http://www.deansantoro.com which under construction right now but you can donate and join my Facebook group.
    We are back to fight another day!!!
    dean

Quote Originally Posted by KPatrick View Post
    Running in Mon County, WV for State Legislature, website is up: www.kevinpatrickforhouse.info
    setting up campaign committee now, bio is on website. (-:
    One piece of advice - try to get a .com or .org web extension. It's worth it.

Anyone interested in getting elected should consider the Free State Project as we have a very good record of electing our members to the state legislature and other offices.
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    Anyone interested in getting elected should consider the Free State Project as we have a very good record of electing our members to the state legislature and other offices.
    Agreed. The FSP is a great framework for concentrating resources in fewer political districts. Right now there are something like 1,000 FSP members in New Hampshire. If that number doubled you'd have a serious political force on your hands, as I doubt either major party currently has 2,000 devoted activists in the state.