Thread: Do Obamatrons actually believe multi-trillion dollar deficits are GOOD?

Do Obamatrons actually believe multi-trillion dollar deficits are GOOD?

Seriously?? I mean before I even heard of Ron Paul and read about Austrian Economics, I knew deficits were bad. It's almost like common sense, really. To live beyond your means is a deadly sin and no nation in history has ever been able to sustain it, so why is it that me back when I was 12 knew deficits sucked when I had no knowledge of real economics and that Ron Paul even existed, but 70 year old hacks on CNBC are almost okay with it! I don't hear ANYONE (with the exception of Peter Schiff, Ron Paul, and the other Austrian economists) kicking and screaming about these deficits...it's almost as though they just shrug and say "oh well".

As for Obama's supporters, why aren't they protesting this douche bag? He votes for the bank bailouts (as well as numerous other questionable pieces of legislation), and yet they parade him for it! Now it seems they have no problem, or apparently no sense at all, that trillion dollar deficits for YEARS to come is "something we just gotta do".

Even Hamilton would $#@! himself seeing how big the debt is. He said the national debt was a natural blessing, but said so if it were kept in moderation. I guess the deficits are moderate, though, considering it's priced in fiat money. We could easily pay off all of it by simply inflating our currency and making the debt more "manageable", but at the expense of everyone holding the Dollars.
    Last edited by socialize_me; 01-07-2009 at 12:14 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The talking heads on TV say its good. It must be good.
    Besides, Obama is the ONE!
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I laughed I found it so pathetic listening to the news yesterday. Obama speaks out against a growing deficit, and then almost in the same breath - says we need tax breaks and more gov't spending.... WTF????! Does he not get it, or does he just think people are *that* stupid?? (nevermind, I think I know the answer)
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Of course keep them printers rolling!!! And hey cutting taxes and raise more spending bills are great too! We have no need to worry about a deficit because the ONE is going to protect us from all evils in the world. Come on guys let the ONE have his chance and let the CHANGE roll in!!!
    But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
    ---John Adam

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks, and the corporations which grow up around them, will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
    ---Thomas Jefferson

I believe the politicians in Washington have become pardodies of themselves.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

There's no use even discussing the absurd beliefs of some lowly layman obamabots when last years NOBLE PRIZE WINNING "economist" Paul Krugman openly declares daily that deficits are good, a needed solution, and nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by socialize_me View Post

Even Hamilton would $#@! himself seeing how big the debt is. He said the national debt was a natural blessing, but said so if it were kept in moderation.
    The Keyensians argue that the debt is small relative to the GDP, and has not grown too significantly relative to the GDP.

The problem is the GDP is a completely useless distorted metric.

I get the same wary feeling about deficits, however, the one thing that has never sat right with me is this:

As far as I know, when the Bolsheviks took over Russia in 1917, the Tsarist government had owed France a great deal of money. France, fearing non-payment, tried to demand that the debt be paid off. Lenin, at that point, basically told France to f*** off (rightly so, imo), claiming that the poor decisions of imperialistic governments were not the responsibility of the people to repay. They appear to have suffered nothing as a direct result of non-payment.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Keynesian college text books say so. The Keynesian college professors say so. Media talking heads say so. It's easy to believe if one can't think for himself.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

They love debt. They're all in debt themselve so they're use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by socialize_me View Post
    Seriously?? I mean before I even heard of Ron Paul and read about Austrian Economics, I knew deficits were bad. It's almost like common sense, really. To live beyond your means is a deadly sin and no nation in history has ever been able to sustain it, so why is it that me back when I was 12 knew deficits sucked when I had no knowledge of real economics and that Ron Paul even existed, but 70 year old hacks on CNBC are almost okay with it! I don't hear ANYONE (with the exception of Peter Schiff, Ron Paul, and the other Austrian economists) kicking and screaming about these deficits...it's almost as though they just shrug and say "oh well".

As for Obama's supporters, why aren't they protesting this douche bag? He votes for the bank bailouts (as well as numerous other questionable pieces of legislation), and yet they parade him for it! Now it seems they have no problem, or apparently no sense at all, that trillion dollar deficits for YEARS to come is "something we just gotta do".

Even Hamilton would $#@! himself seeing how big the debt is. He said the national debt was a natural blessing, but said so if it were kept in moderation. I guess the deficits are moderate, though, considering it's priced in fiat money. We could easily pay off all of it by simply inflating our currency and making the debt more "manageable", but at the expense of everyone holding the Dollars.
    They'll believe anything the media tells them about their savior, just like the Bushtards will believe everything on Fox.
    If Obama said 2+2=5, then it must be true because Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow said so.