Thread: Were there any silver bank runs in 64/65?

Question Were there any silver bank runs in 64/65?

It would seem that before or just after the changeover (no pun intended) from silver coinage to fiat coinage that there must have been many bank runs during that time. Or were the sheeple just as asleep then as they are now?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    no, the fdic was enough to prevent the bank runs at the time. There were runs on silver coinage. People took them out of circulation and put them into their safety deposit boxes. Others went to the banks and gave them dollars for coins and kept the good coins. I know someone who operated vending machines at the time. He used to separate out all the silver coins, melt them down, then take them to the scrap metal yard. It's the reason you don't see a single silver coin in circulation being used as "dollars" right now. You might see 1 in 10000 and that's only because Junior occasionally likes to raid his father's cookie jar. I have a friend who's dumbass brother took a bunch of his silver and coinstarred it into his bank account.
    you can buy now using an elevated dollar to get in on things that are poised to go way up when the dollar collapses. If he's right, and I think he is, his profits are going to be ridiculous. I've already showed by referencing some mining stocks that you can make a killing in this market playing Schiff's investment strategy.

-theoakman, RPF 1/26/09.

Oh what a difference 10 months makes. Deflationists, where are thou?