Thread: New Year's Coverage: Did Anybody Else Notice....?

New Year's Coverage: Did Anybody Else Notice....?

Watching the countdown shows last night, I noticed that every single soldier in the Square that got 30 seconds of featured camera time was either coming back from, or headed to, Afghanistan. Iraq wasn't mentioned by any of them.

To quote Kelley Vlahos: "Or in the spirit of those insipid New Year lists, Afghanistan: In/Iraq: Out. "

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Watching the countdown shows last night, I noticed that every single soldier in the Square that got 30 seconds of featured camera time was either coming back from, or headed to, Afghanistan. Iraq wasn't mentioned by any of them.

To quote Kelley Vlahos: "Or in the spirit of those insipid New Year lists, Afghanistan: In/Iraq: Out. "
    Sorry, I didn't...I don't own a TV. What do you think is important about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

They are afraid to say Iraq because of the cluster$#@! it has become.
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Churchill

Wake up in the morning with No Agenda
    http://www.noagendashow.com

All I remember about the countdown is that the $#@!ing clintons started it.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't...I don't own a TV. What do you think is important about this?

It means the neocon chant will turn from "We must win in Iraq" to "we must win in Afghanistan." I bet a lot of people (not us, but the uninformed majority) don't even remember we still have operations in Afghanistan. And who, exactly, are we fighting there now? Does anybody think Bin Laden is still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Time for Change View Post
    They are afraid to say Iraq because of the cluster$#@! it has become.
    Iraq isn't as explosive (literally) as it was. But that's partly because of genocide, which isn't really discussed.

We could have "won" at Tora Bora. Apparently the US doesn't actually have the impetus to "win" against the Taliban, Osama bin Laden or the alleged terrorists (most of whom are from Saudi Arabia--shocking!!!)

No, but did anybody see that big poster in the background of one of the hosts that said, "Employee of the Month" from "Buy More" and had a picture of two guys, an older scraggly guy on the left and a guy with big puffy red hair on the right? I noticed it about 15 minutes after the count down, but I'll bet it was up there off and on all night. The guy with red hair is one of my best friends and does a lot of extra work, I was just hanging out with him today.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."