Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: IMPORTANT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE EVENT "THE PUFF HEARD ROUND THE WORLD" April 20 12:00 am

  1. #1

    Default IMPORTANT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE EVENT "THE PUFF HEARD ROUND THE WORLD" April 20 12:00 am

    it is only too significant that the Revolutionary War's Shot Heard Round the World occurred on 4/19.

    at midnight after said day, on 4/20, we should demonstrate, by those who are willing, by a public civil disobedience event with marijuana.

    the reason why this is a key issue right now, is because liberal economists are calling for Obama to decrim marijuana as a boost to the economy, we CANNOT let the liberals steal our issue. we need to have a major media event that predicates this legislation. we need our hands on this one. this is the kind of change America is ready for, and even FOX NEWS and the MSM are parroting this line.

    this is a change we are responsible for, and we need to step up and slam dunk this one in while we have public support, it may be the only deregulatory move of the entire obama presidency, and we need to step it up and force it to happen faster.

    here is my article from thefreedomrevolution.com calling for this event. I'm not sure exactly how we should go about doing it, whether its a march on washington thing or an every city thing, but lets get some dialogue going on how it should go down.

    http://digg.com/political_opinion/Th...bedience_4_20#

    http://thefreedomrevolution.com/arti...ound-the-world

    im not hellbent on the midnight aspect, but i feel like it would be symbolically more responsible if it was at night, and if the people involved had safe transportation back home
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Well last time I was at a medicinal cannabis protest downtown, the police told us not to smoke on city property (the courthouse lawn) and make sure we were only smoking our cannabis on the public sidewalk
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #3

    Default

    And I'm willing to share this issue with "the liberals" by the way.. we get MUCH bigger numbers that way, trust me.. and most of them want to legalize for the same logical reasons, personal freedom, and not just for tax money or whatever.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #4

    Default

    we have earth day here in san diego every year and i see people toking up all over the place in balboa park. hell last year I think i saw someone with a 3 foot bong in the park, in a circle of people getting blazed and listening to the concerts with cops not more than 30 ft away, not doing a damn thing.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    And I'm willing to share this issue with "the liberals" by the way.. we get MUCH bigger numbers that way, trust me.. and most of them want to legalize for the same logical reasons, personal freedom, and not just for tax money or whatever.
    sharing it is one thing, but the bottom line is it is a free market, deregulative, civil liberties move and we need our stamp on it, so when we push for other reforms, we can claim this victory. we don't want people to use decriminalization of marijuana as a justifier of other big government programs.. i.e. the democrats know what "proper" regulation is because they realized that marijuana should be legal.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  7. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -lotus- View Post
    we have earth day here in san diego every year and i see people toking up all over the place in balboa park. hell last year I think i saw someone with a 3 foot bong in the park, in a circle of people getting blazed and listening to the concerts with cops not more than 30 ft away, not doing a damn thing.
    Weed is practically legal here in CA. Cops tend to turn the other way if they see someone toking up.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    And I'm willing to share this issue with "the liberals" by the way.. we get MUCH bigger numbers that way, trust me.. and most of them want to legalize for the same logical reasons, personal freedom, and not just for tax money or whatever.
    liberals always follow up legalization with "so we can tax the shit out of it", which is going to be a huge problem. this plant belongs to the earth, not the government

  9. #8

    Default

    interesting idea.
    Ron Paul 2012....don't care how old he is...age is irrelevant

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir Wotansvolk View Post
    liberals always follow up legalization with "so we can tax the shit out of it", which is going to be a huge problem. this plant belongs to the earth, not the government
    that is the next problem, but it is a step closer to the righteous freedom. the CFR types took 100 year approach to steal the government, you can't get it back overnight

    gotta slippery slope em.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  11. #10

    Default

    You could always roll up tobacco in a zigzag and pretend its marijuana.
    (If you don't smoke weed)
    ----

    Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    the reason why this is a key issue right now, is because liberal economists are calling for Obama to decrim marijuana as a boost to the economy, we CANNOT let the liberals steal our issue. we need to have a major media event that predicates this legislation. we need our hands on this one. this is the kind of change America is ready for, and even FOX NEWS and the MSM are parroting this line.
    In this police state, we know that weed will never be decriminalized. I think it would be great if liberals jumped onto the marijuana issue. The libertarian types are the only ones who will actually work toward repealing laws instead of just talking. If this is the issue that recruits more liberals to the freedom movement, so be it. The Lefties in power will only disappoint if they start talking about it, and the more people get disappointed by government, the stronger our movement gets.

    Of course, we're talking about lefty pot smokers here; maybe I am giving them too much credit.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    In this police state, we know that weed will never be decriminalized.
    i disagree with this sentiment, i am a believer that weed is on a collision course with decriminalization whether we help or not. that is why this is of paramount importance that we make sure the association is still with us. because there is a good chance it will be legalized, and the economy will recover a little bit because of it. that might associate prohibition with economic failure, and will prove us right on other issues we haven't tried yet. this is why it is a key issue for us in these times of stress.

    marijuana used to be very profitable for the intelligence communities, and the big drug dealers, but with all of the domestic growing going on, it is no longer a profitable enterprise for them, meaning the resistance to it from either drug dealers or shady individuals in the government will not be there. that is one thing that keeps these prohibitionary laws alive, and i think that there is a perfect storm to allow the MJ to become completely legal.

    this is why it is the right time to strike. when Fox news is portraying it as a majority opinion, you know that TPTB have abandoned the idea.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  14. #13

    Default

    This might be a great way to resist peacefully. If everyone is toking up, can they handle the burden on the criminal justice system? Of course not, and once we realize this fact we have to ask the question; why do we selectively enforce it then? Which begs the next logical question of: Why not make it legal if it can't be fairly enforced?

  15. #14

    Default

    yeah, and it emboldens officials that might want to vote in favor of decrim leg.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  16. #15

    Default

    Have you heard what James Carroll is going to do in NH?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171791
    http://digg.com/politics/18_Y_O_Will...test_Drug_War#
    Young Man to Possess Marijuana as a Protest Against Current Drug Laws

    KEENE, NEW HAMPSHIRE – A young, 18 year old man will purposefully possess marijuana to incite his own arrest. At 1:00 PM on January 10,
    at 82 Main Street in Keene, New Hampshire, J. Andrew Carroll will illegally be in possession of marijuana as a protest against the drug
    laws of the country.

    Echoing the thoughts of other liberty-loving people, Carroll says, “The drug war is an unconstitutional and inhumane breach of individual
    liberties which claims many victims, and dollars, each year.” Carroll claims he wants to “demonstrate the absurdity of putting a human being
    in jail for a crime with no victim.” He says the point is further demonstrated by the fact that he does not, personally, smoke marijuana, and only intends to possess it.

    The war on drugs has garnered much public interest, as more and more people are becoming directly affected by it each day; and Carroll says
    that protesting the drug war in such a manner will bring even more attention to an already press-worthy issue. He also says the protest
    will “change some minds, somewhere” about the American government's War on Drugs.

    As a member of the Free State Project (FSP), an organization which is attempting to get liberty-minded people to move to New Hampshire to
    aid in reducing the size and power of government, Carroll moved to the Granite State from California only a few months ago.
    Maybe you should try to contact him and join forces.

    I don't know his email, but the number he posted for contacts is:
    Contact: James Andrew Carroll
    Phone: (562) 505-1289
    Last edited by Expatriate; 01-04-2009 at 01:37 AM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul


  17. #16

    Default

    It will be legal soon. But not for the reasons any of you seem stuck on.

    This is time for a New World Order. They are going to overthrow this nation. And they are going to have all the fittest youngest potential freedom fighters sitting at home getting high. Nice.

    When the govt turns to restore our freedoms, they are not doing it for YOU! It's time to put this dope issue aside and see it for what it is. This is not about your freedoms, this is about your neutralization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Post Facto View Post
    This might be a great way to resist peacefully. If everyone is toking up, can they handle the burden on the criminal justice system? Of course not, and once we realize this fact we have to ask the question; why do we selectively enforce it then? Which begs the next logical question of: Why not make it legal if it can't be fairly enforced?
    Haliburton (KBR) is hard at work building prisons around the country. It is simple supply and demand; the huge oversupply of prison beds drives up the demand for prisoners. Weed will never be decriminalized because the prison industrial complex needs occupants.

    When the govt turns to restore our freedoms, they are not doing it for YOU! It's time to put this dope issue aside and see it for what it is. This is not about your freedoms, this is about your neutralization.
    Valid point. I am afraid some of the pro-weed "freedom fighters" would use the Constitution as a giant rolling paper once they get their weed back.

  19. #18
    Member Bruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    19,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    It will be legal soon. But not for the reasons any of you seem stuck on.

    This is time for a New World Order. They are going to overthrow this nation. And they are going to have all the fittest youngest potential freedom fighters sitting at home getting high. Nice.

    When the govt turns to restore our freedoms, they are not doing it for YOU! It's time to put this dope issue aside and see it for what it is. This is not about your freedoms, this is about your neutralization.
    Soma, anyone?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

  20. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Panama City Beach, FloriDUH
    Posts
    4,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Haliburton (KBR) is hard at work building prisons around the country. It is simple supply and demand; the huge oversupply of prison beds drives up the demand for prisoners. Weed will never be decriminalized because the prison industrial complex needs occupants.



    Valid point. I am afraid some of the pro-weed "freedom fighters" would use the Constitution as a giant rolling paper once they get their weed back.
    Its fucking stupid comments like this that add to the problem, turn off the TV, and quit watching "dazed and confused"...Your just ASS-U-ming that weed turns everyone into useless, hungry zombies, and that certainly isnt the case..

  21. #20

    Default

    Legalizing marijuana will not cause a significant increase in marijuana use. Legalizing marijuana will not cause a significant increase in marijuana abuse symptoms in american citizens, and would not in any way significantly influence Americans to become lethargic. The prison lobby does not have enough money to pay off every congressman on both sides such that an opinion of 80% majority can be ignored. Marijuana has remained illegal because the majority did not approve of it.

    The reason it will be legalized is because the public support for it is growing, and the public discontent is growing at the same time.

    Lets get on the front lines and claim our first win of '09.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  22. #21
    Needs a bigger boat Anti Federalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Nine Line Bind
    Posts
    54,149
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    You really want to get the powers that be upset?

    Go smoke tobacco in a "prohibited area".
    "It's a Free Country."
    "They hate us for our Freedoms."
    "The troops are protecting your Freedom."




    You're not nuts! You're FISHERMEN!!!

  23. #22

    Default

    yeah, there is reason to fear that prohibition of tobacco might even return at the rate city governments are going after it.

    even TN started some draconian rules about it in bars and it is our state crop!
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    You could always roll up tobacco in a zigzag and pretend its marijuana.
    (If you don't smoke weed)
    or do not smoke and enjoy green eggs and ham or a cookie or brownie and then your 100% safe eating marijuana is 100% safe and no argument against it so forget smoking and remember argue like SAFER did

    http://www.saferchoice.org/
    MARIJUANA is FAR LESS DANGEROUS then ALCOHOL, END OF DISCUSSION, ARGUMENT OVER DEAD DONE WITH, FINISHED, NEXT!!!!!!!!!!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

  25. #24

    Default

    yeah, the only real harmful aspect of the smoking is the whole blazing hot stuff in your lungs part. i suppose if you orally consumed it that would take that aspect out.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  26. #25

    Default

    hey i put this up at my blog barry. lets get this rolling. and the marijuana community involved in our cause.

    http://digg.com/world_news/Digg_This...ation_of_Weed#

    digg this for publicity.

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    yeah, the only real harmful aspect of the smoking is the whole blazing hot stuff in your lungs part. i suppose if you orally consumed it that would take that aspect out.
    we should send this out to some sites in the marijuana community.

  28. #27

    Default

    I'm not real conversant in which sites are big in the marijuana community, maybe if someone who is could post a lot of them and we could start hitting them up.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am a writer for BenSwann.com
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  29. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mediahasyou View Post
    hey i put this up at my blog barry. lets get this rolling. and the marijuana community involved in our cause.

    http://digg.com/world_news/Digg_This...ation_of_Weed#

    digg this for publicity.
    digg dugg
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    I'm not real conversant in which sites are big in the marijuana community, maybe if someone who is could post a lot of them and we could start hitting them up.
    we could get articles to the front page of digg easily with the support of the libertarian community and using community.

    plus we would get coverage on their sites.

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarryDonegan View Post
    I'm not real conversant in which sites are big in the marijuana community, maybe if someone who is could post a lot of them and we could start hitting them up.
    this guy might know some people

    but he is no longer writing.
    http://hempsavetheworld.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •