Thread: Project Appleseed - WV

Exclamation Project Appleseed - WV

I am pleased to announce that Appleseed is organizing in WV!

In a nutshell...Appleseed is teaching citizens how to become Americans--again!

Through a process of learning Revolutionary War history, in conjunction with one of the best rifle marksmanship programs in the country, a person can achieve the status of "Rifleman". Anyone wishing to become grounded in true American heritage and culture should give this program a look.

Never heard of Appleseed? Need a refresher course?
    Check it out here: www.appleseedinfo.org

Want to get involved in the WV grassroots effort or attend an event? Contact me and we'll discuss things further: themachine@frontiernet.net
    Expressly Reserving All Liberties
    Grassroots Volunteer: RWVA

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We now have our first location and dates: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.p...51456#msg51456

This is the first time that a program like this is being offered in WV. If you are on this forum, I assume you are an advocate of Liberty and the preservation of it, so I can assure an enlightening experience as more than 10,000 others have had.

WV held it's very first Appleseed shoot, which took place in Stinson on March 21-22. I want to thank all those who tolerated the two sub-freezing mornings that weekend, to take a stand for American Heritage and Liberty. Because of these dedicated Patriots and a team of first class instructors, our first shoot was a success!

The first WV Appleseed Rifleman patch was awarded on Sunday to a very persistent fella from Braxton County. Congratulations Rob, you earned it!

Pictures and commentary can be found at this link: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6339.0

The next Appleseed event in WV will be on Patriot's Day weekend - April 18-19th. A world record will be attempted at Stinson this weekend. and those attending will become a part of history.

The following is a Press Release explaining this:

Largest Marksmanship Event on the Planet
    World Record Attempt to be Made Locally

On April 18 and 19th, the Revolutionary War Veterans Association's, "Project Appleseed" (rifle marksmanship clinic) will be in towns nationwide, for a history-making attempt at establishing a world record – the longest cumulative firing line spread over the largest land area in history – 2.5 miles of firing line spread over the North American continent, from California to Florida; Texas to Minnesota; Arizona to Maine.

It will be the biggest marksmanship event held in the history of this nation; 50+ weekend Appleseeds spread over 28 states!

It will be the largest and most wide-spread event of it's kind to mark the history and heritage of rifle marksmanship – including the pivotal role this has played in our country's history – starting with the events of April 19th, 1775; a day "when Marksmanship met History, and Liberty was born..."

The Revolutionary War Veterans Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, with the goal to make every American aware of the sacrifice of the Founding Generation, so the ideals and spirit of the American Revolution will not die out across this great land.

During the two-day event...participants will learn the traditional rifleman skills that have saved this country in times of peril; will hear the true Story of April 19th, 1775 (which will surprise you); and will, on Sunday at a specified time, fire in concert with all the other Appleseeds across the nation, a memorial salute – via a series of volleys – fired to honor those who sacrificed their lives on April 19, 1775...so that we might enjoy liberty.

We expect this event will be submitted to the Guiness Book of World Records as both the "longest firing line" and the "most wide spread (continent-wide!) simultaneous shooting event" in history.

"Project Appleseed" was developed three years ago by the RWVA to promote knowledge of the Revolutionary War to modern Americans. It is named after the American folk hero – Johnny Appleseed – who traveled the land planting apple seeds, not for himself, instead so future generations of Americans could enjoy apples.

Likewise, volunteer instructors of the Appleseed Project donate their time to travel the country and teach not only traditional rifle shooting skills, but the history and heritage that lies behind those skills.

Once they've been to an Appleseed, students will be aware of the sacrifices made by our forebears, beginning on Battle Road the Wednesday of April 19th, 1775.

They will also hear and learn:
    When and where the American Revolution was won (hint: NOT when and where you think)
    The answer to "who fired the first shots at Lexington?" (yes, we do know!)
    The exact spot where the Revolutionary War broke out (hint: it was not at Lexington, nor at Concord!)
    Why we owe our freedom now to a simple skill like marksmanship.

The record attempt begins with 8:30 AM registration/sign in. Cost is $50 for one day, $80 for both days (and a free "T"). Pre-reg at www.appleseedinfo.org and save $5 for one day, $10 for both days. Some events are already sold out, so check at www.appleseedinfo.org as to location and availability of spaces on the firing line.

The RWVA encourages kids to learn their history and heritage by allowing anyone age 20 and under to attend free.

Likewise, women of any age attend free.

As you can see, "Project Appleseed" is very family-friendly – only Dad pays – and Mom and the kids get in free.

Anyone with a military ID also shoots free.

Rifle marksmanship skills have been important in our nation's history. Like all traditions – this one included – these skills are dying out and must be preserved.

Part of the reason is a lack of knowledge – and thereby, appreciation – of our history and heritage.

The RWVA has crafted “Project Appleseed” to restore knowledge of an important part of our history – the events surrounding the very beginning of Liberty in our country – and to teach traditional skills which we are allowing to fade, at our peril.

Appleseed began three years ago, with 18 events across the nation in 2006. It expanded to 47 events in 2007; 150+ events last year; and has a goal of 300 events nationwide, this year. A projected goal of 600 events is planned for next year.

Appleseed is the nation's fastest growing history-teaching program, and also the fastest growing rifle marksmanship program.

It is the fastest growing, because, as Americans are flocking to Appleseeds to learn the rifle skills and our country's heritage – liking what they find – they continue promoting this all-volunteer program by word-of-mouth.

This year, we will greet the 10,000th "Appleseeder" to attend an Appleseed. If the program continues to grow at this pace, in 2012 we will greet the 100,000th Appleseeder.

The Revolutionary War Veterans Association is headquartered in North Carolina, and may be contacted at: PO Box 756, Ramseur, NC 27316; or on-line at www.appleseedinfo.org. The website has more information about "what to bring" and "how to prepare for Appleseed".

The RWVA is a patriotic organization; any American who attends will be welcome. Handicapped/disabled are welcome; we will work with you to overcome, and adjust to your special needs.

For more information, visit www.appleseedinfo.org

I hope to see some fellow Ron Paul supporters turn out for this one.
    Last edited by The Machine; 04-04-2009 at 01:51 AM.

Sweet. I'll look it up.
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

Definitely look into it zach, then get yourself and some buddies out to one of our shoots. I look forward to meeting you.

Here's a challenge to see where you and your rifle stand. Go to this link and download the sample target: http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/2...t-targets.html

Follow the instructions - don't cheat - and find out if you're a cook or Rifleman. Don't feel bad if you can't shoot a Rifleman score, only 10% of first time attendee's at an Appleseed do.

The good news is that after an Appleseed or two, you'll not only score 210 or better, but you will now posses the skills to do it consistently. Let us show you how this can be done with any rack grade rifle and surplus ball ammo, using open sights.

Quote Originally Posted by The Machine View Post
    Here's a challenge to see where you and your rifle stand. Go to this link and download the sample target: http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/2...t-targets.html

Follow the instructions - don't cheat - and find out if you're a cook or Rifleman. Don't feel bad if you can't shoot a Rifleman score, only 10% of first time attendee's at an Appleseed do.

The good news is that after an Appleseed or two, you'll not only score 210 or better, but you will now posses the skills to do it consistently. Let us show you how this can be done with any rack grade rifle and surplus ball ammo, using open sights.

What's the range to use with these targets and instructions ?

Raystone, they are designed for 25 meters (82 feet). Could you get the target to print? Some folks told me they were having problems with it.

Here's a link to a pdf of a 50 foot target: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.p....0;attach=2729

These are good to use in gauging where a person's skills are initially.

Most folks are used to shooting from a bench or some kind of rest. In a "real world" combative situation, this type of shooting just won't cut it. That's why we teach proper sling usage along with 6 steps to firing the perfect shot from any field position.

The goal is to shoot 4 MOA (minute of angle) groups with open sights on any off-the-shelf rifle. This is equivalent to placing every shot within a 1" square at 25 meters...enjoy!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just a reminder to everyone that would like to attend an Appleseed in WV, the next one after the Patriot's Day event will be on Memorial Day weekend - May 23-25. This will be a special 3 day event at the regular weekend price.

Remember, women; anyone under 21; all active military (regular, guard, reserves); and any elected official, always shoot for FREE!

We are planning a Rifleman Boot Camp (RBC) for the week of June 14-21. Info on one of these unique clinics can be found here: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/bc_schedule.htm

This would make an excellent Father's Day gift for those Patriot dads who like to camp, shoot, and study American Revolution era history! The camaraderie, friendship, skills, and knowledge from a RBC will last a lifetime.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    sweet!

Smile

It's even sweeter for you roxic27, since you qualify to attend any RWVA event for FREE! Hope you find something that fits your schedule.

I just registered on the Appleseed forum.

They have a couple events coming up in my neck of the woods.

I'll try and bring my Dad.

They don't have a real rifle range, but perhaps I can find somewhere on my own property to reach out.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Glad to hear that you, and possibly your Dad, will be attending an Appleseed.

I assume you're not from WV? If you are anywhere near here, we have a 3 day Memorial Day shoot coming up on 5/23-25 at Stinson, WV. The regular fee applies, and folks get an extra day free.

If you don't already know...all women; anyone under 21; active military (guard, reserve, regular); Revolution era reenactors; and elected officials all attend FREE!

If I can be of any assistance, feel free to ask. Welcome aboard!

I want to also invite anyone who's interested to check out our facebook group:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38658978118

There are links for the current schedule, The Rifleman radio show, and other interesting stuff.

I just earned my Rifleman's Patch this weekend past (Oct 17-18) in Stinson WV at the Appleseed. I would definitely recommend Appleseed for anyone who wants to go from a gun-owner to a true Rifleman.

Appleseed is a great program.
    Montani Semper Liberi,
    --- Kevin Patrick, Jr.
    Tel: 304.376.5288

UPDATE: Appleseed is becoming very active in the Mountain State and it is due to the direct efforts of folks like Kevin above, and many others. Not wanting to lose momentum in the progress we are making thus far, the WV Appleseed program is still looking for people to attend our events, or volunteer to help on some level. We are always looking for private land, or existing gun clubs, as locations to host events. Can you possibly help us out?

Please check out the following links, which should bring everyone up-to-speed on the current status of Project Appleseed:

WV Appleseed Blog - http://wvappleseed.blogspot.com/

National Appleseed Website - www.appleseedinfo.org

Appleseed facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Apples...was=1009181627

Appleseed facebook Group - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...8978118&v=wall

WV Appleseed Event Info - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10973.0

Questions or comments can be sent to wvappleseed@frontier.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.