Thread: US warns Russia against selling missiles to Iran

US warns Russia against selling missiles to Iran

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081222/...us_russia_iran
    http://digg.com/world_news/Russia_Su...iles_Possibly#

I'll copy below what I said on digg.
    see also:
    "Lou Dobbs: U.S. Govt. Helping to Fund Iran Nuclear Projects"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL9xwcIDlvw

Gee, US officials must be *shocked* that Russia is selling weapons to Iran. Hey, wait a minute, let's turn back the clock:
    Representative James Traficant from Ohio, speaking before the House on April 29, 1997, exclaimed:
    "America gives billions to Russia. With American cash, Russia builds missiles. Russia then sells those missiles to China. And China, who gets about $45 billion in trade giveaways from Uncle Sam, then sells those Russian-made missiles to Iran. Now Iran, with those Russian-made missiles sold to them by China, threatens the Mideast. So Uncle Sam ... sends more troops and sends more dollars... Mr Speaker, this is not foreign policy. this is foreign stupidity." (Griffin, 305)

Let's turn back the clock a few years more:
    In his address to the graduating class at Annapolis in 1983, Secretary of the Navy, John Lehman, said: "Within weeks, many of you will be looking across jst hundreds of feet of water at some of the most modern technology ever invented in America. Unfortunately, it is on Soviet ships."

"As Professor Sutton [author of "National Suicide: Military Aid to the Soviet Union", 1973] observed in his book, The Best Enemy Money Can Buy, the guns, ammunition, the weapons, and the transportation systems that killed Americans in Korea and Vietname came from the American-subsidized economy of the Soviet Union. The trucks that caried these weapons down the Ho Chi Minh Trail were manufactured in American-built plants" (Griffin, 303)

Let's turn back the clock even more:
    "During World War II, under the Lend-Lease program, the United States sent to the Soviets more than $11 billion in aid, including 14,000 aircraft, nearly half a million tanks and other military vehicles, more than 400 combat ships, and even HALF THE ENTIRE U.S. SUPPLY OF URANIUM which was critically needed for the development of the atomic bomb. (Griffin, 295)

Excerpts from "The Creature from Jekyll Island", G. Edward Griffin, 2008 - 21st printing

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When the Soviet Union collapsed, the US was concerned about their nuclear industry. With engineers and security people not getting paid, we were worried about the possiblity of nuclear technology going to "rogue states" or to terrorists. We paid to keep the engineers employed and to help dismantle some of their facilities and weapons. That is why we gave them money in the 1990s.

In WWII the Russians were on our side against the Axis nations and that is why they received help then. People forget that we were allies then.

The rogue-state policy didn't seem to work very well - did you watch the Lou Dobbs link? And how could the US justify giving the Soviets giving all that uranium?

Do you have a link other than Griffin to the US giving the Russians uranium in WWII? Russia used spies like Klaus Fuchs to get the information on how to make a bomb- so why would we supply the fuel? They copied designs for their first reactor and bomb from plans they stole. Truman wanted to use the bomb to help contain Russian influence.

I believe the John Layman quote is referring to stolen technology and designs- not to things we gave Russia, Evander.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 12-22-2008 at 10:13 PM.

Sorry, don't have another link - actually I just read that chapter in Griffin's book this morning so it was the first I've heard of it (not that I'm a historical expert anyway, but I'm trying to learn).

US warns Russia against selling missiles to Iran... creating more Conflicts

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    When the Soviet Union collapsed, the US was concerned about their nuclear industry. With engineers and security people not getting paid, we were worried about the possiblity of nuclear technology going to "rogue states" or to terrorists. We paid to keep the engineers employed and to help dismantle some of their facilities and weapons. That is why we gave them money in the 1990s.

In WWII the Russians were on our side against the Axis nations and that is why they received help then. People forget that we were allies then.
    Been there, Done that...

I would like to know... where did the $6-8 BILLION dollars of US funding to the CIS (formerly the Soviet Union) to help stabilize the country?

http://www.policyalmanac.org/world/archive/russia.shtml

It completely disappeared (ALL BILLIONS) and the US government SPUN and covered it all up!
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran