Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Patton - Assassinated.

George Patton - Assassinated.

General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new book

The newly unearthed diaries of a colourful assassin for the wartime Office of Strategic Services (OSS), the forerunner of the CIA, reveal that American spy chiefs wanted Patton dead because he was threatening to expose allied collusion with the Russians that cost American lives.

The death of General Patton in December 1945, is one of the enduring mysteries of the war era. Although he had suffered serious injuries in a car crash in Manheim, he was thought to be recovering and was on the verge of flying home.

But after a decade-long investigation, military historian Robert Wilcox claims that OSS head General "Wild Bill" Donovan ordered a highly decorated marksman called Douglas Bazata to silence Patton, who gloried in the nickname "Old Blood and Guts".

His book, "Target Patton", contains interviews with Mr Bazata, who died in 1999, and extracts from his diaries, detailing how he staged the car crash by getting a troop truck to plough into Patton's Cadillac and then shot the general with a low-velocity projectile, which broke his neck while his fellow passengers escaped without a scratch.

Mr Bazata also suggested that when Patton began to recover from his injuries, US officials turned a blind eye as agents of the NKVD, the forerunner of the KGB, poisoned the general.

Mr Wilcox told The Sunday Telegraph that when he spoke to Mr Bazata: "He was struggling with himself, all these killings he had done. He confessed to me that he had caused the accident, that he was ordered to do so by Wild Bill Donovan.

"Donovan told him: 'We've got a terrible situation with this great patriot, he's out of control and we must save him from himself and from ruining everything the allies have done.' I believe Douglas Bazata. He's a sterling guy."

Mr Bazata led an extraordinary life. He was a member of the Jedburghs, the elite unit who parachuted into France to help organise the Resistance in the run up to D-Day in 1944. He earned four purple hearts, a Distinguished Service Cross and the French Croix de Guerre three times over for his efforts.

After the war he became a celebrated artist who enjoyed the patronage of Princess Grace of Monaco and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

He was friends with Salvador Dali, who painted a portrait of Bazata as Don Quixote.

He ended his career as an aide to President Ronald Reagan's Navy Secretary John Lehman, a member of the 9/11 Commission and adviser to John McCain's presidential campaign.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Either way he was still a war monger...

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    Tell me, your president gives over the sovereignty of the Slavic people to a power mad dictator in a diplomatic slip up, and you wouldn't want to do something about it. The Soviets posed a clear danger to everything the allies had just fought for. We should have pushed on to Berlin in late 1944, and liberated the Eastern Europeans instead of leaving them to their fate at the hands of Stalin, who saw a good lot of them killed.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Plot twist! But what if Communist forces are planting these important people and assassinating them to make it seem as though the US government is untrustworthy? Perhaps they are seeking to destabilize the nation by Balkanizing us so that we no longer pose a military threat once we lose what's left of our economic power.

After all, who would be stupid enough to threaten the most unethical men they know of?

That may well be: point is, it was our own guys.

Just another glaring example of what government truly is.

Chester Copperpot

Im not sure thats an accurate depiction. No real soldiers Ive ever heard of, were ever war mongers.

History it seems is rewritten on a daily basis.
    God only knows whose version the final book will contain.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

SOMETIMES, you HAVE TO fight.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    Tell me, your president gives over the sovereignty of the Slavic people to a power mad dictator in a diplomatic slip up, and you wouldn't want to do something about it. The Soviets posed a clear danger to everything the allies had just fought for. We should have pushed on to Berlin in late 1944, and liberated the Eastern Europeans instead of leaving them to their fate at the hands of Stalin, who saw a good lot of them killed.
    1. You would have lost.

2. "Liberate"?

3. You`re right, it`s a Slavic matter. Keep to yourself Anglo-Saxon.

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    1. You would have lost.

2. "Liberate"?

3. You`re right, it`s a Slavic matter. Keep to yourself Anglo-Saxon.
    1. It is widely documented that Eisenhower took a "broad front strategy" in 1944, when a coordinated assault spearheaded assault by Patton's forces would have broken through and made it to Berlin by the end of the year, and the Soviets would still not have made it to their own border.

2. The Slavics wanted us there.

3. I don't have a drop of Anglo-Saxon blood in me, in fact I am half Slavic (quarter Polish, quarter Ukrainian).
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.

Eisenhower was a Commie-sympathizer. Patton was the MAN.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Im not sure thats an accurate depiction. No real soldiers Ive ever heard of, were ever war mongers.
    Patton was a General. He said things that pissed off Russians. All he wanted to do was live wars.

Anyone see the movie Patton? Know anything at all about him?

He was a warmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Eisenhower was a Commie. Patton was the MAN.
    Patton was a relative of Robert E. Lee, that always makes me happy.

Eisenhower was a Commie-sympathizer. Patton was the MAN.
    Wow I can't believe people in this thread are praising the war mongering Patton and saying mean things about someone like Eisenhower who warned about the military industrial complex.

Patton was a General. He said things that pissed off Russians. All he wanted to do was live wars.

He was a warmonger.
    Storm, have you studied anything about him, other than watch a dang movie?

The reality is that we were attacked. I'm damn glad we had some patriots like Patton who knew how to kick ass.

Sometimes, you HAVE TO fight.
    ================

He was a warmonger.
    Have you read his biography by D'Este? I have watched the movie and read the bio, Patton was a good man who simply liked the military. He saw the injustice that we could have easily prevented happen to the Slavic people.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow I can't believe people in this thread are praising the war mongering Patton and saying mean things about someone like Eisenhower who warned about the military industrial complex.
    Read something, Storm.

http://www.amazon.com/Politician-Rob.../dp/9990864985
    ================

The reality is that we were attacked. I'm damn glad we had some patriots like Patton who knew how to kick ass.

We were attacked by the Russians?????????

Hey Storm. Did you know that Congressman Larry McDonald was related to General Patton? Patton had the dirt on the bad guys that are destroying our country. McDonald inherited those records. You'll recall that he was the one who died (or was captured) when the Russians shot that plane down.

You don't have to agree with everything about Patton, but the fact is that he was a patriot. Personally, I'm not too sure which side Ike was on.
    ================

We were attacked by the Russians?????????

No, but do you remember what came after? Do you recall the Cold War and all the Soviet empire-building and people they murdered? But, even without him believing we should have taken out the Ruskies, you wouldn't like him. I don't get it. Do you not think there is EVER a reason to go to war? Even if we are attacked?
    ================

No, but do you remember what came after? Do you recall the Cold War and all the Soviet empire-building and people they murdered? But, even without him believing we should have taken out the Ruskies, you wouldn't like him. I don't get it. Do you not think there is EVER a reason to go to war? Even if we are attacked?
    Oh you mean the Cold War, where Patton started pissing the Russians off before we were even enemies with them or it started. And now you're not making any sense. Even if we're attacked? The Russians never attacked the US in Patton's lifetime. We were allies. All I'm doing is talking about history and you're trying to call me some crazy pacifist or something. Of course there is a time to fight. That has nothing to do with this.

Oh you mean the Cold War, where Patton started pissing the Russians off before we were even enemies with them or it started. And now you're not making any sense. Even if we're attacked? The Russians never attacked the US in Patton's lifetime. We were allies. All I'm doing is talking about history and you're trying to call me some crazy pacifist or something. Of course there is a time to fight. That has nothing to do with this.
    Pissing off communists is the duty of any good liberty lover.

Well Storm, you seemed to be attacking Patton as a warmonger, simply because he was a General and enjoyed being one. When I said we were attacked, I was talking about Pearl Harbor. The Commies were never really our allies; they were always $#@!s and Patton knew that.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    ================

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pearl Harbor was an Inside Job.

Pissing off communists is the duty of any good liberty lover.
    Wow... you guys disappoint. DISAPPOINT.

Look at Ron Paul. He votes down all of those "be mean to those countries we don't like" bills. Hmmm... suggest something to China? No.

You guys are WARMONGERSZOMG

Well Storm, you seemed to be attacking Patton as a warmonger, simply because he was a General and enjoyed being one. When I said we were attacked, I was talking about Pearl Harbor. The Commies were never really our allies; they were always $#@!s and Patton knew that.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    When I say he's a warmonger I'm referring to whatever he was trying to do after WWII was over. He couldn't stop... he loved it too much. And he didn't like the politicians and their peace.

Wow... you guys disappoint. DISAPPOINT.

Look at Ron Paul. He votes down all of those "be mean to those countries we don't like" bills. Hmmm... suggest something to China? No.

You guys are WARMONGERSZOMG
    Boohoo, he wanted to correct a mistake that we made that happened 15 months before hand, not correct the injustices of the last thousand years in a country we had nothing to do with.

Boohoo, he wanted to correct a mistake that we made that happened 15 months before hand, not correct the injustices of the last thousand years in a country we had nothing to do with.
    He called Russians names... was angry because the politicians wouldn't let him go to war with them...

I don't get what you're saying in reference to that

When I say he's a warmonger I'm referring to whatever he was trying to do after WWII was over. He couldn't stop... he loved it too much. And he didn't like the politicians and their peace.
    NO, Storm. Just NO. I'm not going to write a tome here. But, I guess this is the reason why you need to start reading books. I'm referring to that thread you started about not liking to read.
    ================

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast