Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush shoe incident = blowback

Talking Bush shoe incident = blowback

The Bush shoe incident is a prime example of what those in the intelligence industry call "blowback"

Last edited by Matt Collins; 12-15-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

Blowback or the SS was jetlagged. Where the hell were they? I thought they were supposed to shoot people who pulled $#@! like this.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Blowback or the SS was jetlagged. Where the hell were they? I thought they were supposed to shoot people who pulled $#@! like this.
    That is what irritates me, I mean I don't care for bush AT ALL but I mean COME ON..... Able to "chuck" two things right at our presidents head and NO ONE got knocked the $#@! down and dealt with.....

Good job secret service....

I would fire all of them personally especially if I was as hated as Bush.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

I know. How did he ever get the second shoe off? Was he a trained marine like oswald? There must have been a second shoe thrower on the grassy knoll.

Quote Originally Posted by yokna7 View Post
    I know. How did he ever get the second shoe off? Was he a trained marine like oswald? There must have been a second shoe thrower on the grassy knoll.
    Agreed. The whole incident is quite a spectacle. The shoe throwers accuracy and speed combined with Bush's quick reflexes. Amazing, amazing...

The Iraqi Hates America

That's not an example of blowback. Obviously, the Iraqi threw his shoes because he hated Bush for being rich and free.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Click the picture for some analysis of the Bush shoe incident:

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    That's not an example of blowback. Obviously, the Iraqi threw his shoes because he hated Bush for being rich and free.

Well said, bro!
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newyearsrevolution08 View Post
    That is what irritates me, I mean I don't care for bush AT ALL but I mean COME ON..... Able to "chuck" two things right at our presidents head and NO ONE got knocked the $#@! down and dealt with.....

Thank the lord they were shoes, if the man had a gun it would of looked like the opening scene of robocop. He had all day.

"well if that is the worst thing that happens today..."

i will give it up tho, he ducked that $#@!!

I think I can watch that graphic all day.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

In that Society the shoe throwing is a severe insult. I think someone should create a web page so that we can all throw a shoe and keep score of who gets the most shoes thrown at them and why.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think I can watch that graphic all day.
    I keep watching, hoping he will finally nail him.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

"Every member of the State ought diligently to read and to study the constitution of his country ... by knowing their rights, they will sooner perceive when they are violated and be the better prepared to defend and assert them."
    ~Chief-Justice John Jay, 1777

U.S. Constitution

this is the joke that just won't end!

Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by LT for the Truth View Post
    this is the joke that just won't end!

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by newyearsrevolution08 View Post

Well my guess is that they had more than doubly checked the room. The SS was pretty sure no one in there had any weapons whatsoever. In other words, the room was secure. The only thing the guy had to throw were his shoes. And really it wouldn't have done much to Bush if he had gotten hit by them so there was still no real threat. And everyone in the room was probably "cleared" with a background check etc.

But you're right; it doesn't say much for the SS if the guy was able to throw not one but two shoes and the SS didn't get in front of the President before the second one went off.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I lol'ed
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    i will give it up tho, he ducked that $#@!!
    As I posted on another venue:
    Despite everything bad I've ever said about him, none of which I take back, he definitely has the physical courage and the reflexes of... of... well, of a fighter pilot. They don't give that job to just anyone, regardless of how rich and politically connected his dad is. He's not a total waste as a human being, just as a president.
    http://inibo.livejournal.com/159694.html

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by theocrat View Post
    roflmao!
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

MORE!

Last edited by Mesogen; 12-16-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    "Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it." - Henry David Thoreau

Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseler View Post
    LOLZ!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by yokna7 View Post
    You assume he has enough money to buy shoe strings, he didn't and that's why he was mad.

Please stop... I'm dying over here. I'm ROFL'ing myself to death.

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Good point, but this guy was an Iraqi - he should be welcoming Bush as a liberator!

Well, now he's being beaten in custody.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7785338.stm

The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody.
    Muntadar al-Zaidi has allegedly suffered a broken arm, broken ribs and internal bleeding, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC.
    Mr Zaidi threw his shoes at Mr Bush at a news conference, calling him "a dog".
    A spokesperson for the Iraqi military says the journalist is in good health and said the allegations were untrue.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mesogen View Post
    Mr. Hannity... is that you?

Golding

Impressive reflexes, I have to admit. He dodged those shoes almost as fast as he dodged the draft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast