Thread: Will Obama Buy Torture-Lite?

Will Obama Buy Torture-Lite?

Will Obama Buy Torture-Lite?
    You've got to hand it to them. Torture aficionados at the White House and CIA have conned key congressional leaders into insisting not only that torture-lite would be a swell idea, but advocating that the overseers of torture be kept on.

From change-you-can-believe-in, we seem to be slipping back to fear-you-can-trade-on.

Silvestre Reyes, D-Texas, chair of the House Intelligence Committee, has publicly warned those in charge of the administration transition that "continuity is going to be pivotal in keeping us safe and secure."

Thus, he argues, Director of National Intelligence Mike McConnell and CIA Director Michael Hayden should stay in their posts.

If that were not enough, Reyes told Congress Daily's Chris Strohm that he [Reyes] had advised the Obama team that some parts of what Strohm referred to as "CIA's controversial alternative interrogation program" should be allowed to continue.
    HARD-TIMEZ: Will Obama Buy Torture-Lite?
    MSM-DISINFO: Beware of Obama's Groundhog Day
    Terror Cell: Depression 2009: What would it look like?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If its really the cartoon case of a ticking time bomb, why stop at water boarding? Why not just break out the thumb screws?

We deemed water boarding to be unacceptable in WWII. So why exactly are we so pro it now? The torture issue(WTF! it's actually a debate.....) was one of the things that made me kinda wake up about our country and start looking up alot of this $#@!. Then I realized most of the people I talked about it to didn't really care or felt it was justified.
    Last edited by M House; 12-12-2008 at 12:22 PM.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by M House View Post
    We deemed water boarding to be unacceptable in WWII. So why exactly are we so pro it now? The torture issue(WTF! it's actually a debate.....) was one of the things that made me kinda wake up about our country and start looking up alot of this $#@!. Then I realized most of the people I talked about it to didn't really care or felt it was justified.
    Same here.

The case of Omar Khadr is on my mind every single day. That poor kid is probably being tortured right now, for all we know. Mr. Harper (my prime minister) has been completely silent on the issue, and has pretty much shrugged off the fact that a CANADIAN is being tortured by the Americans, there have been gitmo guards that have quit due to the treatment towards Omar, and they are willing to testify, but the kid hasnt even had a trial yet!

They say Omar was working with terrorists, which is sort of true, but he was pressured into it his whole life. He was a 15 year old kid, what was he supposed to do? Run Away? Join the Americans side in a war against his "gods land"?

Omar was shot twice in the back, then immediately taken to gitmo, received minimal treatment on his wounds, was deprived of sleep, waterboarded, deprived of food and often was left in solidarity for days.

this was a 15 year old boy.

Torturing Children is WAY out of line, and Torturing Canadian Children scares me to death.

As long as Omar is held with no trial, I consider any government that does nothing about this to be totally cool with Torturing Children.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Whatever if I was in charge of the Gitmo and our other illegal facilities, I'd probably just release them all immediately but first try to talk them about things before release. Just tell them I deem all the process committed on them illegal and atrocious, any information obtained with these methods or implication in their further detainment would be unjust. I'd give them pass back to countries of their choice would insist they remain here, free for a bit. Just so they'd maybe get a different perspective before going back. As for if we actually have any "leaders" in jail, I'll just look thru trial options and see if there is a way to obtain evidence for it that's legit aka not from torture.

I wouldn't due the military trial thing either. It would have be within the realm of typical law.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos