Thread: Gov. Blagovich arrested for trying to sell Obama's senate seat?And Obama didn't know?

Gov. Blagovich arrested for trying to sell Obama's senate seat?And Obama didn't know?

Right...I'll put money this a distraction,likely from Obama/Rezko investigation.
    Last edited by hillbilly123069; 12-11-2008 at 03:01 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are saying now that it was Rahm Emanuel that tipped off the Feds.

RIIIIIGGGGGHHHHT!

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE!

How could the Obama team tip off the Feds without being in contact with Blagojevich?
    How would they know this was going on?

Obama sure looks like he has some guilt in this somewhere but some deep inside forces are covering for him.
    "Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it." - Henry David Thoreau

Maybe I'm dense, but just exactly where does the law make this illegal?
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
    Paul Revere - "The British are coming!"
    Ron Paul - The Bankers are coming!
    "Evil People win when Good People do nothing"

"You're asking the poor people to bail out the rich. You're asking the innocent
    people to bail out the guilty. You're asking people to just totally defy the Constitution because there's
    no place in the Constitution that says that we can do these things."

Heh heh

Not too sure about that exactly.

Wouldn't that be too funny if there is actually NO LAW on the books saying that any of this is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by bojo68 View Post
    Maybe I'm dense, but just exactly where does the law make this illegal?
    I suspect it is the same legal theory that makes it illegal to dole out public jobs in exchange for working for the party.

But here's a legal blogger on the same topic: http://volokh.com/posts/1228850357.shtml

I think he's a scapegoat.Obama's buddy Tony Rezko is about to go down too

For Sale!

It's the old FRAM commercial for ALL the politicians: Pay me now, Pay Me Later...

Gov. Blagovich wanted a "Pay Me Now"

where as most politicians are pay me later... With Big Campaign donations, Primo reduced mortgages on their properties, and offers for Junket seminars around the world where the politicians are reimbursed on their expense reports for them and their families, like each of them eating $1500 of food in 3 days, $1200 a night for a hotel room, etc etc. Then there's the "AFTER PUBLIC LIFE" silver platter jobs and book deals at defense contractors, lobbying/consulting firms, Wall st Financial/Bank jobs, on & on.

There's nothing new to see Ladies & Gentlemen... where would you prefer your Payola? Now or Later.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 12-10-2008 at 08:57 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

From the same blog, here's a pretty decent interpretation of the time-line, titled "Everything Fits Except Obama's Denial." http://volokh.com/posts/1228903890.shtml

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm betting there is no clear evidence that he was "selling" the seat or the arrest would have been much sooner. They were just using it to shut him up. Actually the FBI can make all the evidence they want about anyone about anything at the behest of others.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    For Sale!

It's the old FRAM commercial for ALL the politicians: Pay me now, Pay Me Later...

Gov. Blagovich wanted a "Pay Me Now"

where as most politicians are pay me later... With Big Campaign donations, Primo reduced mortgages on their properties, and offers for Junket seminars around the world where the politicians are reimbursed on their expense reports for them and their families, like eating $1500 of food in 3 days, $1200 a night for a hotel room, etc etc. Then there's the "AFTER PUBLIC LIFE" silver platter jobs and book deals at defense contractors, lobbying/consulting firms, Wall st Financial/Bank jobs, on & on.

There's nothing more to see Ladies & Gentlemen... where would you prefer your Payola? Now or Later.
    Exactly.

"they’re not willing to give me anything but appreciation." = They wanted to pay him later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I'm betting there is no clear evidence that he was "selling" the seat or the arrest would have been much sooner. They were just using it to shut him up. Actually the FBI can make all the evidence they want about anyone about anything at the behest of others.
    Anytime the Law moves with a well orchestrated action and Press Releases, etc... It's to PROTECT someone(s).

Yes indeed... "THEY" choose who's to be silenced, ruined, arrested, etc...

It was all to protect... "The Corrupt" THEY wish, uh I mean, WANT to fill the US Senator seat of Illinois.

Blagovich wasn't complying and the renegade wanted his own deal.

See what happens when you don't play the Party's mandatory game.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 12-10-2008 at 08:59 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Now, if we could only get someone to sell Obama's presidential seat.

Quote Originally Posted by yokna7 View Post
    I smell a Money Bomb!
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by yokna7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I smell a Money Bomb!
    If we had a real press they'd ask him for his reaction to the people doing a money bomb to buy his seat.

CUT THE CRAP
    9 December 2008

Governor Blogojevich of Illinois, the state that PEBO hails from, was arrested this morning on corruption charges as the first casualty of an FBI investigation that has been going on since 2002.

Barack Obama was in the Illinois state senate in 2002. He says he was unaware of the corruption charges. He's either not telling the truth, or he's not very smart. Same thing I said when he said he was unaware of Reverend Wright's incendiary remarks. Same thing I said when he said he wasn't aware of Rezko's shady dealings.

Slimebag Blagojevich, thankfully, makes one clear-cut statement that Barack Obama, gadummit, was the one legislator that Blagojevich couldn't muscle or buy. Lucky break, eh? Like Jesse Jackson accidentally distancing himself from Obama when he didn't know the microphone that he was WEARING was on.

If y'all are buying this bull$#@!, you might also be interested in some Made In America subprime derivative junk bonds and/or a bridge Made In Alaska.

http://www.mcpolitics.com

Well, Obama does things on the sly all the time. He's a liar just like they all are. He blatantly lied when he said he has not spoken with the governer on his appointment...and there is evidence ..HARD evidence that the news reported he was having a meeting with the governer that very day, to discuss the list of appointees etc. I truely believe that the Obama camp was pissed that the governer pretty much rejected his female buddy...and so they've outted him on this. Obama is one corrupt SOB. Tones

www.truthwarrior.ning.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it likely went down like this - I think Rahm Emanuel DID tip off the Feds.

Blagovich: "This is worth a lot of money! If you want me to appoint who you want, I want something for it more than your "appreciation". If I don't get something I may just appoint MYSELF!"

Obama: "We'll see about that...."

I am betting that Blagovisch tried to pressure Obama for more than Obama wanted to give, and when Obama didn't agree he (Blagovich) made some stupid threats and Obama just showed him the true meaning of playing hardball.

Now Blagovish isn't going to be a Senator, isn't going to get a cabinet post, is not going to get a cushy job, and will likely be doing time.

Stupid to make threats when you are not in a position to back them up.

edit: Just read the last few posts - looks like I am not alone.
    Last edited by Original_Intent; 12-10-2008 at 05:43 PM.

You guys are reading too much into this. It's just the periodic throw-one-of-our-buddies-under-a-bus scheme to keep everyone from realizing the inherent corruption of government and politics. Blaghoioioivich just drew the short straw this time.

Illinois Threat to Bank of America Is Dangerous, Critics Say:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...FXQ&refer=home