Thread: Senator Clegg calls RP "the most un-American person in this country"

Senator Clegg calls RP "the most un-American person in this country"

I just got off the phone with this a$$hole. He was rude and obnoixous

http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2007/09/...erer-by-proxy/

"The conventional wisdom is that Mike Huckabee is a Real Nice Guy, and his soft-spoken manner gives superficial credence to this assertion, and yet, like so much of the press corps groupthink that evolves over the course of a presidential campaign, it is a lot of malarkey: aside from his demagogic appeal to naked emotion over logic and facts in his contretemps with Ron Paul at the New Hampshire debate, Huckabee apparently leaves the dirtier smears to his local accomplices, according to the Nashua, New Hampshire Telegraph:

“‘That guy (Paul) is the most un-American person in this country as far as I’m concerned,’’ said Hudson Republican Sen. Robert Clegg, a big Huckabee backer.”

Au contraire, Senor Clegg, methinks you are the rightful bearer of that title: the Most Un-American Person in This Country Award is yours hands down.

This kind of crap has got to stop: there will be a discussion of the war, and the foreign policy of this country, not only in the general election but in the primaries, too, and if that is “un-American” by comrade Clegg’s standards, then that’s just too damned bad, now, isn’t it? To call Ron Paul “un-American” because he opposes the Iraq war, and invokes a long Republican tradition of anti-interventionism in opposing our crazed foreign policy, is typical of the red-state fascist drivel that passes for Republicanism these days — but, you’ll notice, it isn’t working. No one believes that the Good Doctor, a man who swears by the Constitution and is arguably the most conservative member of Congress, is an anti-American subversive — not even, I’d be willing to bet, Gov. Huckabee.

Mike Huckabee is said to be a Real Nice Guy, at least that’s what the national press corps is telling us, and so now he faces a crucial test in the Nice-ness department: he ought to disavow Glegg’s mean-spirited smear, and acknowledge that Rep. Paul is as patriotic in his dissent as he, Huckabee, is sincere in his insistence that we must stay the course.

How about it, Governor? Or is the nice-ness angle just another of the Huckster’s scams, like the “fair tax“?

Oh, and here’s Senator Clegg’s contact information, just in case you want to give him a piece of your mind:

Senate Office:
    Statehouse
    107 N. Main St., Room 124
    Concord, N.H. 03301
    (603) 271-8630
    robert.clegg@leg.state.nh.us

Home:
    39 Trigate Road
    Hudson, N.H. 03051-5120
    [Home # REMOVED]
    And tell him Justin Raimondo sent you …. "
    Last edited by Bryan; 09-10-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Remove home phone

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are we going to gain by attacking this guy verbally or via email at this time?

NOTHING

Just remember this, leave the guy alone and use your time for positive campaigning.

If you absolutely have to give him a piece of your mind, do it in a gentlemanly manner (how would RP respond?)

Just my opinion, so thanks for listening.

Someone's gotta get that mans home number off here...seriously.

10 posts in and is publicly inciting people to harrass some dude over his opinion. I would worry that there is a tape on the other end of the line.
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

I concur.. I think that this could very well be a setup

Can A mod remove the "personal phone number", that could be considered harrassment...

Quote Originally Posted by micahnelson View Post
    10 posts in and is publicly inciting people to harrass some dude over his opinion. I would worry that there is a tape on the other end of the line.
    I am not the one telling people to call this man. Justin Raimondo of antiwar.com is. Raimondo is not trying to set you up.

Quote Originally Posted by spotics View Post
    I am not the one telling people to call this man. Justin Raimondo of antiwar.com is. Raimondo is not trying to set you up.
    Yeah, but let's not call him at home.

Please.

Do you take your marching orders from Raimondo? Heh...just kidding.

Listen, take the mans personal info down to ease our minds please?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    someone "Theonelaw" in the comment section made a reference to the "axis of treason." I like that line.

Get the home phone number off. Nothing good can come from berating a man or his family at home.

Traitors do not get to question your patriotism.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth4 View Post
    Just my opinion, so thanks for listening.
    man i have the hardest time trying to fight the "Listening" urge... damn brother, i know how you feel....

but ::shhhh:: ((((((looks around)))))) they can't hear you.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

Calling the man at home will only be used as ammo to call us a lunatic fringe - a reputation they already seem eager to give us. Don't call his home - call his office if you must and be civil.

Do you think Senator Clegg has access to YOUR home address and phone number?
    We have been totally fucked by the machine

Yeah lew has it too http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/015207.html I wouldnt recommend alling his house though

Please remove!!!!!!!! While I understand your dissapointemnet and frustration thsi is harrasment! I agree delete teh guys number maybe even the post!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Senator Clegg is not even worth your time.

I don't want a "Real Nice Guy" as president, screw that. Barack's another one of the "Real Nice Guys" and we all know where NICE GUYS FINISH..
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

ZERO to be gained by contacting him at all.

He is an elected official, I pay his salary he will get my piece of mind.
    http://freeme.tv get the latest in videos for Ron Paul around the net.

Also check out the Ron Paul Newsroom

Grassroots supporter and blogger, check it out!! http://www.politicallore.com/

"Dont tax me. Bro!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of '76 View Post
    Yeah, but let's not call him at home.

Please.
    NO WE SHOULD CALL HIM AT HOME AND THANK HIM FOR STICKING UP FOR HUCKABEE LIKE THAT. HE NEEDS A FEW BUMPS IN THE POLLS!!
    http://freeme.tv get the latest in videos for Ron Paul around the net.

Also check out the Ron Paul Newsroom

Grassroots supporter and blogger, check it out!! http://www.politicallore.com/

"Dont tax me. Bro!!"

Oh lord, do not call him at home. That is harassment. If you're a Constituent of his in New Hampshire, you should feel free to call his office.

You gain nothing by calling his house and harassing him and his family. It does infinitely more damage than good. I can't believe this is even being approved of here.

He's a public servant, but he's still a private citizen. Call his office and email him at his office if you must, but don't invade the guy's privacy.

What would Ron Paul do??

All this guys statements show, is that he sees Ron Paul as a real threat. If Ron Paul was a 2nd tier candidate, he wouldnt waste his time or his words on him. He thinks Ron Paul is more anti-american than Hillary Clinton????? If thats true, I guess that shows where his REAL support lies.

This is just one of those hypocrites that will bad mouth someone, but if that guy won, he would gladly accept a cabinet position from him just for his own personal gains.

I wouldnt waste another second on this guy. I think I already have.
    http://www.freetalklive.com

“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live...................... and shut your f----n' mouth.” - Bill Hicks

"The only difference between the Government and the Mafia is that the government flies flags in front of their offices" - Harry Browne

If any of you are upset at Clegg, the way to get back at him is to help campaign in New Hampshire or donate to Operation New Hampshire so we can get air more TV ads for Ron Paul. http://www.operationnh.com/

Don't get mad; get even.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.