Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Repeal a Law Project

Quote Originally Posted by sratiug View Post
    I was arrested once for playing pool after midnight. It is illegal to play pool in my town, even if you own a poolroom, and the poolroom is closed and locked between midnight and 7 am and all day Sunday. It was the same for video and pinball machines. I didn't get to fight the case because the judge threw it out. I tried to tell the dumbass cops but they wouldn't listen, ha ha ha.

It is also illegal to posses alchohol in the county, but somehow the beer trucks don't get stopped on the way into the wet town even though they are clearly labeled. Another case of titles of nobility being granted through licensing and an internal tax on free trade driving up prices.
    This is your CUE to SCRATCH this law from the books. The local government is BEHIND THE 8 BALL in defending this law. If you FELT that billiards fans need a BREAK, you should carry a petition in your POCKET for others to sign. You have a SOLID argument.
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by james1906 View Post
    This is your CUE to SCRATCH this law from the books. The local government is BEHIND THE 8 BALL in defending this law. If you FELT that billiards fans need a BREAK, you should carry a petition in your POCKET for others to sign. You have a SOLID argument.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any success with this, or did it go to the idea graveyard?

Never saw this -- great idea.

I don't know anything about writing legislation, but could a slate of laws be repealed in one bill? That would make for great cover story material as papers/magazines outline all the silly laws to be repealed for entertainment value.

Also, of course, if the bill had any success, it could drop multiple laws in one swoop.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

a "used this elsewhere today" bump...

So much to do, so little time

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Some things take a while...

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS/150829548

SEABROOK — A group of state lawmakers are putting a new spin on a Statehouse tradition, encouraging students to submit bills repealing the “dumbest” laws rather than create new ones...

~ C.Coolidge

lol # Am driving a box truck halfway across country and my phone browser pulled up this thread while taking a break and checking in...

BUMP!

Hey, that's good news! And good job putting forward this idea so long ago, Mike. May it be, in the words of the old ad, "catchin' on...."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12