Thread: CT's Billion $ DCF Budget & Deaths The Senator Asks..

Wink CT's Billion $ DCF Budget & Deaths The Senator Asks..

Senator Harris ASKS....The Fundamental Question....

Are children and families better off because of their interaction with DCF?”

Senator Harris' 3 LESS THAN powerful INSIDER closed investigative hearings into Connecticut's Annual Billion Dollar FAILED Department of Children and Family Services, where they are very successful in producing dead children, is covered in the below article.

The Committee Chair, Senator Harris, that has funded the agency for years now asks....the fundamental question is "are children better off having been a part of DCF, the agency?

http://www.wfsb.com/family/18214489/...=hart&psp=news

December 18th, Ablechild plans to tell the Senator in the only time available to the public "3 minutes" testimony, The answer to your question is NO CHILDREN ARE NOT BETTER OFF, they are actually dying.

I ask for your suport, I am willing to go it alone up there where the entire committee KNOWS exactly what is going on in DCF and have all ignored it for a years. I just want you to know on December 18th for 3 minutes a women will try and tell Senator Harris the answer to the question he asks but already knows.

Think for 3 minutes of Children LOCKED within State Psychiatric WARDS with NO EXIT on Demceber 18th and wish me God's Speed.

Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CT Senator Hailed as Hero by Special Interest Running DCF now calls for Lottery in Public Testimony on December 18th. Closing out potential voices exposing fraud, abuse, and corruption.

http://www.senatedems.ct.gov/pr/harris-081205.html

Update

CT Voices for Children, funded in part by the makers of Risperdal-
    RWJF funded the start-up of TMAP, hail Senator Harris as Hero for
    Children as he holds 3 day insider hearing and now announces lottery
    for public hearing for victims and opponents to testify in DCF
    investigation and reorganization. We couldn't make this stuff up.

Done, On the Record

Testimony of Ablechild.org: Joint Children & Health & Human Services Committees:
    DCF Investigative Hearing
    Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good Morning. My name is Sheila Matthews, Cofounder of Ablechild, a non-profit that focuses on full informed consent and the right to refuse psychiatric treatments. Ablechild petitioned Connecticut and had two psychotropic drugs, Effexor and Paxil, removed from the DCF psychotropic drug formula due to their link to suicide ideation in children. Ablechild also participated in Connecticut’s $13 million dollar mental health transformation grant. There, we met strong resistance upon requesting oversight to avoid conflicts of interest with the State’s vendors and secondly, when we promoted drug free alternatives for mental health.
    On February 21, 2007, I personally provided Attorney General Blumenthal documents that demonstrated a drug company was covering up adverse events, which linked their drug to suicide and hostility in adolescents. Further, we identified two DCF cases in which children were forced onto multiple psychiatric drugs and held by the State with no legal standing. We also reported these two cases to the Child Advocate’s office.
    In response, on April 12, 2007, rather than holding the State vendors responsible, the Attorney General simply put out a joint press release with the Child Advocate, Jean Milstein, stating: If you have had a problem accessing a psychiatrist for care, please call 1-800 etc.
    We requested the procedures a family would follow in reporting a psychiatric abuse case with DCF from Rudy Brooks of Prevention and External Affairs who is slated to oversee the Ombudsman’s office. He could only reply, “ We acknowledge that this is not an exact science”. It appears as though there is a clear policy to administer drugs but none when it comes to dealing with adverse side effects.

In closing we would like to point out that the SSRI dosing guidelines the State of Connecticut is relying on are the same SSRI dosing guidelines of the Texas Algorithm Program, which have been deemed unscientific and are under legal challenge in court. Therefore, we urge this committee to abandon this model immediately.
    I have attached to my testimony five recommendations for the State to incorporate into any DCF reorganization plan to achieve meaningful reforms. I have also attached documents that substantiate the problems associated with dosing guidelines.
    Thank you.
    Sheila Matthews, Cofounder Ablechild.org

As such, Ablechild has the following recommendations:
    1)
    In any DCF reorganization the Ombudsman’s office, as the investigator of complaints, must be established outside of the control of the behavioral health vendors, the Attorney General, the Child Advocate, and the Governor’s office. This office must have complete financial and political independence and most importantly full transparency.
    2)
    The State fully fund and implement Public Act Number 04-238 to track how many children in State care are on psychiatric drugs.
    3)
    Establish an electronic record for each child in State Custody to include science based, non-psychiatric services to address behavior concerns including educational strategies, nutritional and allergy testing, vision and hearing tests and a complete medical check up
    4)
    Promote and establish a clear understanding of the Federal MedWatch Program and file reports for all adverse events.
    5)
    Open the State funding for a state family to select their choice of mental health evaluations outside of those contracted by DCF. This shall include an educational evaluation.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...o.43a81b8.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...2.2724b3e.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.4a88179.html

CT Attorney General Blumenthal Comments Reveal Forced Treatments

"The Department of Children and Families must be more willing to invoke the authority of the Superior Court for Juvenile Matters if families are unwilling to voluntarily participate in services."

Reference:
    http://www.ct.gov/oca/cwp/view.asp?a=1301&q=269980