Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Please stop bashing Christianity.

Please stop bashing Christianity.

//
    Last edited by Natalie; 03-17-2011 at 08:24 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seconded.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

But--if we keep alienating people, soon we won't need more than a pup tent to house the whole revolution! Think of the fiscal responsibility!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

would be nice.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    It's offensive, and I'm sick of reading it. Please.
    Noted!

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi

Ah, what's the fun in that:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    "I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." - Mahatma Gandhi
    I'm heavenlyboy34, and I endorse this quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you don't like the Christianity bashing - though I haven't seen it - don't read it.

Or you can put the users in the ignore list.

Ron Paul would be proud of this forum.

A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by give.me.liberty View Post
    True that!
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    True that!

Do you not understand extreme sarcasm?

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Thumbs up

I'm heavenlyboy34, and I endorse this excellent quote.

You obviously do not know how to compute extreme sarcasm...

now go back to quoting TW.
    You obviously don't know when I'm being a smartass. Now go back to whining.

Do you not understand extreme sarcasm?
    Better than you do.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You obviously don't know when I'm being a smartass. Now go back to whining.
    If you take the 'smart' out of the word 'smartass,' then I will agree with you.

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Paul said "Well, I haven’t thought about it completely, but you know, it reminds me of what Sinclair Lewis once said. He said, ‘When Fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross.’ I don’t know whether that’s a fair assessment or not, but you wonder about using a cross like he is the only Christian, or implying that subtly. So, I don’t think I would ever use anything like that."
    http://www.nolanchart.com/article630.html

If you take the 'smart' out of the word 'smartass,' then I will agree with you.
    If I did that, it wouldn't apply to me. I'm a gentle and lovable guy, don't ya know?

Paul said "Well, I haven’t thought about it completely, but you know, it reminds me of what Sinclair Lewis once said. He said, ‘When Fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross.’ I don’t know whether that’s a fair assessment or not, but you wonder about using a cross like he is the only Christian, or implying that subtly. So, I don’t think I would ever use anything like that."
    http://www.nolanchart.com/article630.html
    Indeed, Paul specifically used it this way when he clarified his Huckabee-statement in the above link, and he explained that he wasn’t talking about Hitler-esque notions of fascism. So that means Ron Paul worries about fascist corporatism,
    Ron Paul has stated many times that he is a devout Christian but that he is very wary of anyone who would tout his religious affiliation in a political campaign. He lamented that Mitt Romney felt compelled to have to explain Mormonism. No doubt he is also wary of politicians who lack any political theory whatsoever, but manage to fill the gaps with Jesus. Without overarching political subscriptions, those politicians are more likely to succumb to the power and money of corporatism and they’re more likely to sell it with a flag and a cross.
    That doesn't mean Christianity is inherently evil, and that that is the outcome all Christians want.

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

That doesn't mean Christianity is inherently evil, and that that is the outcome all Christians want.
    You are correct, that doesn't. Nor was that the intention. I was merely tying Ron to the previous Sinclair Lewis quote.

BTW, would you give me your personal take on Romans 13, v. 1-7, please? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

You are correct, that doesn't. Nor was that the intention. I was merely tying Ron to the previous Sinclair Lewis quote.

BTW, would you give me your personal take on Romans 13, v. 1-7, please? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Didn't read the Bible (besides the Beatitudes), and probably won't ever. The Bible is not my word of God.

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Don't research what you preach? Religion always was a bit weird to me.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

Didn't read the Bible (besides the Beatitudes), and probably won't ever. The Bible is not my word of God.
    Thanks! What is?

"If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be – a Christian." ~ Mark Twain

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks! What is?

"If Christ were here now there is one thing he would not be – a Christian." ~ Mark Twain
    When and where did Twain say that, TW? I like it.

(Huck Finn FTW! )

When and where did Twain say that, TW? I like it.

(Huck Finn FTW! )
    I haven't looked it up. I got it from,
    The Triumph of Imperial Christianity
    Laurence Vance on the conservatives' war religion.

"Careful TW!"

Thanks! What is?

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M House View Post
    Don't research what you preach? Religion always was a bit weird to me.
    are u kidding? you expect all christians to use only the bible as their sole research tool? or use it at all? how intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

"Careful TW!"
    No prob.

I talked to my religious friend once about what exactly made up the bible since there's dozens of books shared throughout many religions. He wasn't exactly sure what made into classification. He also only read alittle of the bible himself. *scratches head* Well it seems there's a few people on the other forums that think they know for sure, but the odds are definitely against them.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast