Thread: Militia Hearing before Senate, dated 1995

Militia Hearing before Senate, dated 1995

I searched the Bearing Arms sub-forum for the word "militia" and didn't see this. I just discovered JJ Johnson this morning while searching youtube videos for "Tea Party 08." (I was looking for new, promotional videos for this event (Where are they?!) Somehow I clicked on related videos until I found something militia related, lol ).

Here's some videos of the entire hearing (takes about an hour and twenty minutes):

Part One, google vid
    Part 2, Google vid

Footage of just James Johnson (about 16 minutes altogether)

J.J. Johnson part one, youtube vid
    Part two
    part three

When I first started watching these videos, I thought this was a recent hearing. I looked at the date, 1995.

This hearing could have taken place yesterday. Nothing has changed in the way government operates since the Clinton era.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-27-2008 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't have time to watch them, what point are you trying to make?

I believe they were "anti-terrorism" hearings and there were representatives of the popular militia's in 1995 testifying their purpose and intent before the senate.

I'm not quite done the first video, but so far the members of the militia have been pointing out how important the militia is to the existence of our government and how the government was (this is back in 1995) beginning to become tyrannical.

I'm at the point were a senator tries to get a member of the militia to make statements that can be misconstrued as support for the Oklahoma city bombing. The member of the militia refuses to play his game. The senator tries to turn it around by saying that he is offended by being accused of representing corruption because he is losing his argument.

The senator tries to turn it around by saying that he is offended by being accused of representing corruption because he is losing his argument.
    where? (in what video)

Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    where? (in what video)
    The first on in the OP. The militia member was from the Michigan Militia.

Quote Originally Posted by bill50 View Post
    I'm not quite done the first video, but so far the members of the militia have been pointing out how important the militia is to the existence of our government and how the government was (this is back in 1995) beginning to become tyrannical.

I'm at the point were a senator tries to get a member of the militia to make statements that can be misconstrued as support for the Oklahoma city bombing. The member of the militia refuses to play his game. The senator tries to turn it around by saying that he is offended by being accused of representing corruption because he is losing his argument.
    Of course these guys are saying it has become tyranical. The writing was on the wall. Look at the federal governments harrassment or murders of Ruby Ridge, Waco, John Lennon, MLK jr. and on and on and on. No I'm not takling conspiracy either.

Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    I don't have time to watch them, what point are you trying to make?
    No points to be made, really. Just sharing something I found to be interesting.

If you want to speculate with me, however:

I think the militia will experience a resurfacing, and when the politicians start trying to stamp it out, this video will be like deja vu. Word-for-word these same tired arguments against the militia will be spewed out, and we the people will be left to answer questions as to why we deserve our rights—a rediculous situation to be in, in spite of our country's alleged "freedom."
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I searched the Bearing Arms sub-forum for the word "militia" and didn't see this. I just discovered JJ Johnson this morning while searching youtube videos for "Tea Party 08." (I was looking for new, promotional videos for this event (Where are they?!) Somehow I clicked on related videos until I found something militia related, lol ).

Here's some videos of the entire hearing (takes about an hour and twenty minutes):

Part One, google vid
    Part 2, Google vid

Footage of just James Johnson (about 16 minutes altogether)

J.J. Johnson part one, youtube vid
    Part two
    part three

When I first started watching these videos, I thought this was a recent hearing. I looked at the date, 1995.

This hearing could have taken place yesterday. Nothing has changed in the way government operates since the Clinton era.
    Wow. Great find. You're right, nothing has changed, just gotten worse.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Same group on Phil (the TOOL) Donahue:

http://radicalfilms.co.uk/2008/11/13...-militia-1994/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Same group on Phil (the TOOL) Donahue:

http://radicalfilms.co.uk/2008/11/13...-militia-1994/

Phil "MSNBC canned me because I was against the war" Donahue is definitely eating his words now...To bad he wasn't convinced then.
    Last edited by RSLudlum; 11-30-2008 at 08:42 PM.
    Reality is independent of Popularity.