Thread: Will student loans be forgiven??

Will student loans be forgiven??

When the dollar collapses completely, unemployment skyrockets, all hell breaks lose ect., you think student loans will one day be forgiven??

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

ha! dont know, it seems as if the people get the short end of the bailout stick insofar..

but I like your name. Welcome to the Forums!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post

but I like your name. Welcome to the Forums!!
    Thank you! It's nice to find a forum with like minds, who can see through the propaganda and where this country is really headed. I can't tell you how tired I am of talking to people who say "oh this is just a down turn in the economy, things will turn around soon" It's really sad how most people have their head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by schiffstudent View Post
    Thank you! It's nice to find a forum with like minds, who can see through the propaganda and where this country is really headed. I can't tell you how tired I am of talking to people who say "oh this is just a down turn in the economy, things will turn around soon" It's really sad how most people have their head in the sand.
    yes, you are in quite good company here..

this is where I come for intelligent conversation and you will find it to be a great news source as well.. if something happens in the news, you can bet it will be posted here within minutes.

Long Live The Republic!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Dont fool yourself. We argue with each other over everything.

Well, let's see. So far, the bailouts have been used for massages, private jet rides, champagne, hostile takeovers that result in layoffs, and propping up stock prices. So far, the bailouts have not been used for, well, anything at all that would benefit the bottom 90% or so of this society.

So, I'd say the short answer is no. Dubya Hood is obviously only interested in robbing the poor and giving to the rich--as he said once years ago, the "haves and the have mores. In other words, my base." And Obama doesn't promise to be one bit different.

So, I think not. We'll carry these debts to our graves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I hope so. That would be awesome!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Suck the Obama Juice boys and girls.

Reality is around the corner.

Meet the New boss... Same as the old boss...

They might be forgiven or just wiped out when lending companies go under or simply go deep into the red-ya can't get blood from a turnip, as they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Take out student loans and learn to become a hacker. Then hack the computers and erase you loans.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I hope so. That would save me about $20k (not bad considering it includes under grad and grad school..)

Or it would save me $20k worth of debt prison labor.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hope you guys make plenty of money, cause your children will be paying for this banker splurge long after you are kicking up the daisies.

When the dollar collapses completely, unemployment skyrockets, all hell breaks lose ect., you think student loans will one day be forgiven??
    That will be the least of your worries. Surviving at all will take priority over any previous debt.

My wifes student loan deferment is up in Feb. over 200 a month payment coming up. Its going to BE either energy bills, food, house payment, or garnishment, which could lead to foreclosure. Well, i do need to lose some weight, and if the house plants freeze, no big deal.

My bank says the interest rate needs to drop to 5.8 before i can refinance to a lower mortgage payment, and save a few hundred...meanwhile.....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    My wifes student loan deferment is up in Feb. over 200 a month payment coming up. Its going to BE either energy bills, food, house payment, or garnishment, which could lead to foreclosure. Well, i do need to lose some weight, and if the house plants freeze, no big deal.

My bank says the interest rate needs to drop to 5.8 before i can refinance to a lower mortgage payment, and save a few hundred...meanwhile.....
    Can't your wife just extend the deferment? I've had to do this myself. It just requires a bunch of forms...depending on where you got the loan(s).
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Take out student loans and learn to become a hacker. Then hack the computers and erase you loans.
    lol I wish I'd thunk of that!

highly unlikely, especially if there's nothing to seize directly from it *(unlike a house or car)

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The hardest part is probably accessing the offline backups.

‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

Only if the lending institutions go under and their records destroyed. You can't even discharge student loans in bankruptcy though, so I wouldn't bet on it.