Thread: a blog on how to defend "proper" regulation against dems who parrot DEREGULATION

a blog on how to defend "proper" regulation against dems who parrot DEREGULATION

Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love it. Unfortunately, that all too often means nothing more than you've done a good job preaching to the choir. Maybe not this time. I don't know.

I've had good luck blogging on this subject and saying that:

We're a long, long way from deregulation.

What regulation we have is convoluted and seems designed to make it impossible for anyone but a corporate lawyer to have a clue what the law is. This is an advantage to big business, as they can afford said lawyers, and leaves the public out in the cold as they can never know the law well enough to understand what is being done to them. There's a reason to create a spaghetti-like labyrinth of regulation, and that's to give those in the know loopholes and completely confuse the rest.

In short, the regulations are more complicated than the rules of football, but all we really need are a set of rules as simple as those which define checkers. And if they were that simple, enforcing them would be simpler as well.

I then generally wrapped up with Dr. Paul's quote from when he spoke against S500(?), the 1999 deregulation act you cited. It is good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

thanks!

i have access to a lot of non-choir readers tho

but yeah, this is the thing we need to even educate our own about explaining. the old-school RICH PEOPLE ARE GOOD, POOR PEOPLE ARE BAD free market rhetoric is not going to do anyone any good.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did