Thread: Cutting taxes vs. Bailouts?

Cutting taxes vs. Bailouts?

One of the news articles I read (see below) made me wonder what you all think about all these bailouts that look like they really aren't working and for the most part have been a blank check to wall street. Also, the stimulus package that we had a few months ago and now another one probably on the way. The first one didn't do much if anything.

I'm thinking that if Congress keeps trying to spend their way out of a recession it's not going to work and make things even worse especially in the long term with inflation etc. I really think that instead of spending like crazy and bailing out everyone under the sun why don't they even consider or talk about cutting taxes by billions or even trillions? That could get much needed money back in the hands of the middle class and to corporations and these bailouts, that do not work, would stop.

I think it's time to try something new!

http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...4AG02G20081117

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The United States government should not worry about deficits over the next two years while spending money to jumpstart the ailing economy, President-elect Barack Obama said in a television interview that aired on Sunday.

Obama, a Democrat who takes over from President George W. Bush, a Republican, on January 20, said consensus had emerged between economists in both major U.S. political parties that expensive measures were necessary to avoid a deep recession.

"The consensus is this, that we have to do whatever it takes to get this economy moving again, that we have to -- we're going to have to spend money now to stimulate the economy," he told the CBS television network's 60 Minutes news program.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Slash spending across the board municipal, state and federal levels. Give back 30% of saved costs as tax cuts and rest should be used to get budget surplus of at least 300 billion.

Heard on the radio they want to spend a half a billion stimulus package next year to help the economy. They just dont get it, or they want to ruin this country on purpose.

If they were serious and had half a backbone they would do these things.

1. End the Fed, only the Treasury has to power to issue debt free notes.

2. Suspend the Income tax on everyone for at least 2 years.

3. Cut Federal spending by 50% across the board.

4. Outlaw usury payments to banks.

5. Develop a metal backed monetary system.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Good ideas seapilot but that's NEVER going to happen.