Thread: Jason Chaffetz on Lou Dobbs radio

Jason Chaffetz on Lou Dobbs radio

Jason Chaffetz was on Lou Dobbs radio today. He is a Republican in Utah that first beat out the Republican Incumbent in the Primary, and then beat the Democrat. He also seems to agree with Ron Paul on almost all issues (* with a glaring exception). This race was not really discussed a lot here, should we consider this a "liberty" victory?

* Glaring exception - Like most Americans, he has an excessively prejudiced fixation on a country other than the US, which leads to some fiscal irresponsibility...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Found his issues page. Seems like a Reagan Republican...

http://www.jasonforcongress.com/page/page/5600154.htm

"Jason Chaffetz on Key Campaign Issues

"If we want a different result, we will have to elect a different representative."

I am Jason Chaffetz, and I am committed to support policies that are consistent with my core conservative principles. Specifically, I have prioritized four core principles which will guide my policy decisions in Congress:

Fiscal Discipline

Limited Government

Accountability

Strong National Security

Fiscal Discipline
    The federal government must live within its means. We cannot be all things to all people.

* Federal Budget. The federal budget has nearly doubled in ten short years. This is unacceptable and unsustainable. I am committed to dramatically reduce the size and scope of the federal budget.
    * Line Item Veto. I support giving the President a line item veto to provide a check against pork barrel spending.
    * Earmarks. I advocate taking control of the budget process in a way that forces representatives to be accountable for the expenditures they approve. Revamping the earmarking process is a top priority. In April I signed a pledge to support earmark reform. For details, click here.
    * Federal Bureaucracy. I believe the federal government has expanded far beyond its proper role. I will vote to repeal unnecessary and ineffective programs and departments.
    * Taxpayer Protection Pledge. I have signed the taxpayer protection pledge. Tax increases are not the solution to our budget woes. We must reduce spending.
    * Campaign Spending. I am proud of the way I am running my campaign. It reflects my fiscally conservative philosophy. I stick to a budget. I don’t go into debt. I rely on volunteers. I don’t pay for polls to tell me what messages you want to hear. I spend money only on necessities and I know how and when to say no. And unlike my opponents, I don't spend donated money on free lunches for delegates.

Limited Government
    This principle works! I agree with President Reagan: “Government which governs least governs best.”

* Entitlement Programs. I will shun federal programs that depend on the formation of a large bureaucracy to provide entitlements.
    o Health Care. Our goal should be to insure all Americans with private health insurance. A market-based system—not government healthcare— will work! I favor solutions that incorporate health savings accounts, tax deductions and tort reform.
    o SCHIP. I do not support expanding coverage in any way that would draw people away from private health plans.
    o Social Security. We have an obligation to fulfill our promises to older generations. That promise should be balanced with policies which provide more personal control for younger generations.
    * Federalism. I believe many programs currently run by the federal government – such as the Department of Education - should be left to state and local governments. I will seek to restrict the role of the federal government.
    * Education. I reject No Child Left Behind and see it as a violation of core Republican principles. I will vote to repeal it. The federal government should not be in the public education business.
    * Public Lands. The federal government needs to stop putting such onerous restrictions on access to our public lands. They are our lands. We need access for outdoor enthusiasts and responsible energy development. Payment In Lieu of Taxes (PILT) payments to Utah continue to be under funded.

Accountability
    This principle is important on two levels. First, we must hold people accountable for their actions instead of rescuing them from their choices. Secondly, we must hold elected officials accountable for how they vote and demand the highest standards of ethics and decency.

* Ethics. I believe elected officials should be held to the highest standard. Voters should not tolerate ethical breaches from elected officials.
    * Immigration. We can’t reward illegal behavior. We must hold people accountable when they break our laws. But we must also be accountable for the poor policy decisions that got us where we are. My priorities are to fix legal immigration, reject amnesty, secure the border, and enforce our current laws. We must remove incentives to come here illegally and give businesses the tools to stay in compliance with the law.

* Abortion. I believe all human life is sacred. I support overturning Roe v. Wade to allow states the right to set their own abortion policies. Utah should have the right to ban abortions.
    * Federal Marriage Amendment. The strength of our families is the strength of our nation. I am committed to the values and principles of traditional marriage and the promotion of a strong family unit.
    * Freedom. We have the freedom to succeed or fail in this country. It is not the government’s role to stand in the way of either outcome.
    * Voting. Utah’s vote matters. We deserve full representation that reflects our values and priorities."

National Security
    Protecting and defending our freedom is the key role of federal government. We should prioritize defense functions in our federal budget and keep our commitments to the heroes who sacrifice so much to keep our enemies at bay.

* Military Spending. We must ensure that our troops have the best equipment, training, and leadership.
    * War on Terror: We need to continue to adapt our military preparedness to respond quickly to radical jihadists anytime, anywhere using enhanced special forces capabilities and the best possible intelligence.
    * Middle East. We must continue to protect our interests in the Middle East and help defend our allies in the region. This includes continuing to apply diplomatic pressure on rogue governments like Syria and Iran, promoting peace and democracy in Iraq, and insuring the defense and security of Israel.
    * First Responders. I will stay in close communication with local police authorities to make sure they have the tools and protections they need on a federal level to enforce the law and keep us safe.
    * Energy. Fueling our future is a national security issue. We must explore all potential forms of energy to ensure our energy independence. Click here for more information.
    * Air Security. I support efforts to upgrade our air traffic control technology. I support funding for radar at both the Provo and West Jordan airports.
    * Second Amendment. I support the right to own and bear arms as a personal and absolute right. For example, it’s wrong that laws restrict our rights to carry guns in National Parks.
    * Veterans. I am a strong advocate for veterans. We are not taking good enough care of those who have taken care of us. Specifically, I will introduce legislation to take care of those who fall between the cracks after their service has ended.

Dobbs has a radio show? Never knew that

Of course Dobbs has a radio show. That's like asking if Hannity has a radio show,lol.

keep huntin down them terrorizers so they dont com over here n terrorize us. FIGHT-M THERE SO THEY DONT FIGHT US HERE
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

I wouldnt say Cheffetz's victory was a liberty victory, but it was certainly better than the former incumbent, Chris Cannon.

Very happy he ousted Cannon. If only he'd see the light on foreign policy, he'd be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConstitutionLives View Post
    Dobbs has a radio show? Never knew that
    He has a 3 hour show from noon to 3 pm right before Savage (same station in some areas). And it's amazing how similar they are (on the issues, not their personalities). Almost identical.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minuteman2008 View Post
    Very happy he ousted Cannon. If only he'd see the light on foreign policy, he'd be perfect.
    That's kind of what it seems like. Of course the "family values" stuff isn't very libertarian either...but that is certainly not an "agreed on" issue around here.