Thread: Top Ten Things That Won't "Change" Under Obama

Top Ten Things That Won't "Change" Under Obama

Interesting list here:

10. Global Warming

What? But with oil executives out of the White House, the entire country will be run on wind, solar, and pixie energy!

Well, yes, there will almost certainly be more emphasis placed upon alternative energies for the next four years, and with plenty of good reason - regardless of your feelings about global warming, any reduction of America's dependence upon foreign oil is almost unquestionably a good thing. As far as Al Gore's nemesis goes, however, there's a bit of a problem with believing that we're about to see a sudden end to carbon emissions, or even a reduction in their worldwide levels. You see, that lovely fact that Joe Biden loved to throw out during the election - that China is building two extremely dirty coal power plants per week - applies to much of the industrializing world at similar rates. Half of the human population is rapidly advancing on Western civilization, and that advancement isn't being done with polar bears in mind. The rate of pollution increase in the developing world is greater than the rate at which we can realistically decrease America's carbon output, so any efforts we make to bring down our greenhouse emissions won't actually reduce their overall levels - they'll just increase at a slower rate.

But, hey, there is still a chance that all of this matters about as much to the Earth's climate as Joe the Plumber.

9. The War on Drugs

For what seems like the 44th consecutive administration, absolutely nothing will be done to change the budgetary black hole that is the War on Drugs. Billions of dollars are spent every year at every level of government in the endless crusade to "save" innocent Americans from the evil, godless, perhaps even terrorist-loving substances which are deemed to be illegal almost completely at random. Many of the items you can pick up from your local pharmacy are actually worse than most narcotics, and a good number of them are just slight variations on otherwise banned substances. Reigning supreme above all other idiocy is, of course, the continued status of marijuana. What more Americans need to realize is that the "fight" against pot isn't just a matter of whether or not you actually use it; billions of your dollars are being spent to "protect" you and your Doritos from the college kids who toke up once a week in the apartment down the hallway. In a time when we're going into debt more quickly than Sarah Palin at a high-end department store, is this really what we want to be spending money on?
    Link with the rest here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    great list
    In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.-- Thomas Jefferson

Aww $#@!. I swear I was writing the exact same thing today, but somebody was bound to say it. Sounds better than mine though, less rambling.
    "My pride in my country is inversely proportional to Michelle Obama's pride in her country."
    - Me

TROLL ALERT!
    TROLL ALERT!
    TROLL ALERT!

click through and you will see....

This is NOT what we stand for!

-t

whiskey
    tango
    foxtrot
    ?
    "Greater than the tread of armies is an idea whose time has come." -- Victor Hugo

8. The BCS

Obama made a promise to end the brutally unfair and blatantly elitist structure of college football during his pre-election interview on Monday Night Football, but no President has ever forced the NCAA to adopt a playoff format at the FCS level, and it's incredibly unlikely that Obama will be the first. The college administrators of major football schools are a cabal rivaled only by OPEC, and their corrupt grip on the joys and sorrows of millions of drunken co-eds is nearly airtight. Rather than attempting to end their reign of terror, Obama will probably spend his time on things that he'll weakly try to argue are "more important," like poverty, or war, or healthcare. If by some miracle he actually does manage to wrest power away from the Axis of Evil of the sporting world and institute a playoff system, I will instantly consider Barack Obama to be the greatest President in American history.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    TROLL ALERT!
    TROLL ALERT!
    TROLL ALERT!

click through and you will see....

This is NOT what we stand for!

-t
    I'm sorry, what? I run that site and have been a huge Ron Paul supporter since I discovered his campaign. I'm a big libertarian at heart and would love nothing more than to see the breakup of the two-party system. Please do explain to me how this is "not what we stand for." I'm all ears.

To be fair, Obama has said he won't prosecute medical marijuana patients. So there WILL still be a war on drugs, so the list is technically right, but the war on drugs won't include medical marijuana patients. That's a big change for me, personally, if he comes through.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    To be fair, Obama has said he won't prosecute medical marijuana patients. So there WILL still be a war on drugs, so the list is technically right, but the war on drugs won't include medical marijuana patients. That's a big change for me, personally, if he comes through.
    Unfortunately, Obama doesn't have that much control over that, unless he wants to go down the Executive Order path. And while I'd love to see him push for the federal decriminalization of medical marijuana through legal options, I doubt it's a priority for him.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Any idiots that were worried about Obama being a Muslim can take note that he is already building a staff of Zionists and will continue doing the business as usual in Washington.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by escapinggreatly View Post
    Unfortunately, Obama doesn't have that much control over that, unless he wants to go down the Executive Order path. And while I'd love to see him push for the federal decriminalization of medical marijuana through legal options, I doubt it's a priority for him.
    Why does he need an Executive Order??? He has the ability to pardon. Ron Paul would have had the ability to pardon ALL non-violent drug offenders if he became President, why can't Obama threaten to pardon all medical marijuana cases so the DEA doesn't even waste their money trying in the first place??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUze-oYsswI

"I would not have the justice department prosecute, it is a waste of our resources" - Obama
    Last edited by dannno; 11-06-2008 at 10:35 AM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Why does he need an Executive Order??? He has the ability to pardon. Ron Paul would have had the ability to pardon ALL non-violent drug offenders if he became President, why can't Obama threaten to pardon all medical marijuana cases so the DEA doesn't even waste their money trying in the first place??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUze-oYsswI

"I would not have the justice department prosecute, it is a waste of our resources" - Obama
    I meant an Executive Order regarding how the DEA should consider medical marijuana. Yes, he technically has the ability to pardon - but, again, I would put the odds of Obama actually announcing that he's pardoning all current and future medical marijuana cases at about the same level that I would put the odds of aliens invading Earth and Will Smith saving humanity. Color me skeptical.

Here is a much simpler list.

Top Three Things That Won't Change Under Obama:

3. Domestic Policy
    2. Foreign Policy
    1. Monetary Policy

I meant an Executive Order regarding how the DEA should consider medical marijuana. Yes, he technically has the ability to pardon - but, again, I would put the odds of Obama actually announcing that he's pardoning all current and future medical marijuana cases at about the same level that I would put the odds of aliens invading Earth and Will Smith saving humanity. Color me skeptical.
    I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think your odds are a bit off

You don't live in California, do you?

There are hundreds of thousands of people with medical marijuana recommendations, this is a much bigger issue than you think it is.

Great the dems are in power, so this means that everything that they opposed under Bush they'll reverse, right?

Repeal the patriot act.

Repeal the military commissions act.

Repeal FISA.

Out of Iraq.

Out of Afghanistan.

Should be pretty easy to do now that they will have complete control, right?

I won't hold my breath.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think your odds are a bit off

You don't live in California, do you?

There are hundreds of thousands of people with medical marijuana recommendations, this is a much bigger issue than you think it is.
    I think you're misinterpreting my skepticism for my own beliefs about the issue. I think it's an absolutely huge issue - it's very, very high up there on the list of things I personally care about. My skepticism is about the history of political promises such as this one, not about the importance of medical marijuana.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    I won't hold my breath.
    You shouldn't. No one has that much lung capacity.

I think you're misinterpreting my skepticism for my own beliefs about the issue. I think it's an absolutely huge issue - it's very, very high up there on the list of things I personally care about. My skepticism is about the history of political promises such as this one, not about the importance of medical marijuana.
    Oh no, I gotcha there, I just thought maybe you weren't aware of what a big issue it is in some places like California. We'll certainly have to see.

Of course The Komrade won't repeal the patriot act..heck he voted for the FISA bill...he voted for the bailout...yes, he has an administration full of zionists...he's probably a bigger neo con than bush lol. Has he mentioned getting rid of the fed or income tax??? nope..go the OTHER way lol. I read an article today...and the dummy's that voted for him are already being programmed to say "he won't be able to fix everything in one term..he needs 2 terms for real change" LOL. Baaaaahhhhhh...tones