Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did Third Party Candidates do?

How did Third Party Candidates do?

Does anyone have links to show how Barr, Baldwin, Nader and McKinney faired?
    The main networks only have numbers on the major candidates.

I'm not convinced this country really wants change until we have a viable third option.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They lost.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    They lost.
    Thanks
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

All third parties & write-ins combined tallied around 1.5 million popular votes and 0 electoral votes.

Barr: 481,418

Baldwin: 172,071

Nader: 643,236

McKinney: 139,853

Ron Paul: 19,285

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/electi...?SITE=MASPDELN

http://news.aol.com/elections/2008/p...nt#presResults
    Last edited by pacelli; 11-05-2008 at 08:25 AM.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

With 96% reporting, here are the vote totals:

Ralph Nader: 643,236
    Bob Barr: 481,418
    Chuck Baldwin: 172,071
    Cynthia McKinney: 139,853

Source: http://news.aol.com/elections/2008/president

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    All third parties & write-ins combined tallied around 1.5 million popular votes and 0 electoral votes.

Barr: 481,418

Baldwin: 172,071

Nader: 643,236

McKinney: 139,853

Ron Paul: 19,285

http://hosted.ap.org/specials/electi...?SITE=MASPDELN

http://news.aol.com/elections/2008/p...nt#presResults
    Whoop-de-doo! <YAWN!>

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Truth Warrior; 11-05-2008 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post

Not very encouraging. sigh
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Thumbs down

Too many people chose NOT to vote, which I thought was incredibly pointless, since this year turned out to have a record breaking number of votes.

In other words: YOUR "NON-VOTES" ARE NOT NOTICED WHEN YOU COULD HAVE VOTED FOR THIRD-PARTY INSTEAD.
    Ron Paul has empowered us with knowledge. Now we must overcome the next hurdle with unity. That is why we must support Bob Barr for president!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nate4ron View Post
    Too many people chose NOT to vote, which I thought was incredibly pointless, since this year turned out to have a record breaking number of votes.

In other words: YOUR "NON-VOTES" ARE NOT NOTICED WHEN YOU COULD HAVE VOTED FOR THIRD-PARTY INSTEAD.
    Sorry, validating and legitimizing a corrupt, barbaric and evil tyrannical system in any way just seems to have lost a lot of it's appeal for me.

So much for promoting the libertarian party huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warya
    Sorry, validating and legitimizing a corrupt, barbaric and evil tyrannical system in any way just seems to have lost a lot of it's appeal for me.
    You know, you didn't even have to say anything. A simple "HI" would have sufficed while quoting Nate. We all know what you are going to say before hand.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 11-05-2008 at 08:44 AM.

I voted for Bob Barr
    The ultimate test of a man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard. - Gaylord Nelson

Be the "Change" you want to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    Barr did about the same as Badnarik did in '04.

I think it's hilarious that some weak kneed members of the LP decided to completely divide the party and sacrifice almost all of the party's principle and integrity to nominate someone that could barely even outperform Badnarik.

lol
    Last edited by brandon; 11-05-2008 at 08:50 AM.

You know, you didn't even have to say anything. A simple "HI" would have sufficed while quoting Nate. We all know what you are going to say before hand.
    And if I'd just said a simple, "Hi", YOU'D have freaked out about that too.

Get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    But those "I refuse to vote" non-votes will not be noticed by anyone: not the people, not the politicians, and not the higher-ups.

So what kind of statement did you really make?

It was a record number of votes, and the only message they got was that "Wow! More people joined the system!"

Yet all those non-votes could have at least sent a message as a protest.
    Ron Paul has empowered us with knowledge. Now we must overcome the next hurdle with unity. That is why we must support Bob Barr for president!

Question

And if I'd just said a simple, "Hi", YOU'D have freaked out about that too.

Get a life!
    Freak out? Haha you wish, its just amusing pointing out how much of a drone you are.

Get a life? Kiddo you have over 11 thousand posts that all say the same exact thing. Get the $#@! out of here.

You want to know what my problem with you is? No you don't, but I'll say it anyways. I actually empathize with your philosophy perspective, its just your mindless irrational spammer behavior which annoys me. The fact that there is a libertarian/anarchist running around out there acting like a looney toon is just too difficult to stomache. You do spend a lot of time trying to convince others of your philosophy, but you seem to be completely oblivious that if you act like a looney toon - its actually counter-productive to your cause. We'd all like to run around shouting "no shepherds!" and "listen to Lew Rockwell" but it would accomplish nothing, and might actually turn people away.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 11-05-2008 at 09:13 AM.

Freak out? Haha you wish, its just amusing pointing out how much of a drone you are.

Get a life? Kiddo you have over 11 thousand posts that all say the same exact thing. Get the $#@! out of here.

You want to know what my problem with you is? No you don't, but I'll say it anyways. I actually empathize with your philosophy perspective, its just your mindless irrational spammer behavior which annoys me. The fact that there is a libertarian/anarchist running around out there acting like a looney toon is just too difficult to stomache. You do spend a lot of time trying to convince others of your philosophy, but you seem to be completely oblivious that if you act like a looney toon - its actually counter-productive to your cause. We'd all like to run around shouting "no shepherds!" and "listen to Lew Rockwell" but it would accomplish nothing, and might actually turn people away.
    Thanks for your typical less than worthless post contribution and new additional OFF TOPIC thread bump.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post

Wow, after all that $#@! talk defending Barr's compromises and how he's going to get 6% of the vote he couldn't even muster up what Harry Browne got.

Can we finally declare the Libertarian Party dead???

But those "I refuse to vote" non-votes will not be noticed by anyone: not the people, not the politicians, and not the higher-ups.

So what kind of statement did you really make?

It was a record number of votes, and the only message they got was that "Wow! More people joined the system!"

Yet all those non-votes could have at least sent a message as a protest.
    Pssst, neither will 3rd party votes. Nobody really gives a $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionSD View Post
    Wow, after all that $#@! talk defending Barr's compromises and how he's going to get 6% of the vote he couldn't even muster up what Harry Browne got.

Can we finally declare the Libertarian Party dead???
    Oh, it's just been bumping along like this for about 37 years now. Let it be.

You know what Andrew. Your right on. I know this sounds stupid...but I've been real skeptical of just about anybody that joined this forum after the Money bomb in 07. I've noticed alot of these kinds after the Dec 07 time frame. The ones that came here to begin with were looking for a change and many that came later were looking for attention. Just my observation.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Morris View Post
    You know what Andrew. Your right on. I know this sounds stupid...but I've been real skeptical of just about anybody that joined this forum after the Money bomb in 07. I've noticed alot of these kinds after the Dec 07 time frame. The ones that came here to begin with were looking for a change and many that came later were looking for attention. Just my observation.
    FYI ......
    As a very long time Ron Paul fan, I'd just been lurking here for several months prior to joining in.

Just so ya know.

Question

Pssst, neither will 3rd party votes. Nobody really gives a $#@!.
    Elaborate. I explained why an absent vote is meaningless and will not be registered during an election with a record number of votes.

Now, let me hear your rationale, please?

FYI ......
    As a very long time Ron Paul fan, I'd just been lurking here for several months prior to joining in.

Just so ya know.

Did you vote for him?

I hope not, that'd validate voting!

Elaborate. I explained why an absent vote is meaningless and will not be registered during an election with a record number of votes.

Now, let me hear your rationale, please?
    I did. What part did you miss? Perhaps my answer was just too simple for you.

I'll try again. WHO CARES?

You played their corrupt game again and got counted. They got ya.

"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    state by state comparisons with four years ago

http://www.nolanchart.com/article5394.html
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Did you vote for him?

I hope not, that'd validate voting!
    Nope, I'm consistent.

Ah, the fringe folks from the Green, Independent, Libertarian and the Constitution party (as well as the anarchist anti-voters) are the only people I know. Ironically, there's a certain solace being completely out of the mainstream...

Thumbs up

Oh, it's just been bumping along like this for about 37 years now. Let it be.
    Thanx, TW. That's mighty nice of ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Thanx, TW. That's mighty nice of ya.
    But I still want the libertarian name back from the statists. GRRRRR! Maybe "GOP-lite" is available.
    Last edited by Truth Warrior; 11-05-2008 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Morris View Post
    Not very encouraging. sigh
    No, it's not, but of course if you put Ron Paul in John McCain's place, he would have gotten all of McCain's votes and more. People are just brainwashed into voting in the two party system and voting by party affiliation.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

"We should never forget that everything Adolf Hilter did in Germany was 'legal'" - Martin Luther King Jr.,
    from a Birmingham jail, April 16, 1963.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast