Thread: Down in the dumps right now?

Down in the dumps right now?

Then run for Congress in 2010. Start planning now and 2010 will be a much happier evening.

And don't be afraid to use the crooked system against itself. If you're in for example a Democratic district that just barely elected a Republican, then don't be afraid to run as a Ron Paul Democrat. People vote solely based on the D or the R, so use that to your advantage.

And even if you hate both parties like me, don't be afraid to run third party! Dean Barkley, Cindy Sheehan, and David Krikorian should be examples that you don't have to poll 1% as an independent.

Allow me to paraphrase Penn and Teller: It's one thing to sit there or go around bitching and complaining about everything, but attempting to change policy by running for Congress is definitely NOT bull$#@!.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not old enough or I would have run in '08.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Then run as soon as you can.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.

I am running, possibly in 2010, but definitely in 2012, for State Rep of whatever the hell state I am living in at the time. You are all on notice, and I will need that nice war chest
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    I am running, possibly in 2010, but definitely in 2012, for State Rep of whatever the hell state I am living in at the time. You are all on notice, and I will need that nice war chest
    You should be doing everything you can to boost your name recognition NOW so you don't need to rely on such a war chest.

Listen to me we must get ron paul in there next election and we must start now! Its curcial to this country...

Down in the dumps and crying!

Quote Originally Posted by Matisa View Post
    Listen to me we must get ron paul in there next election and we must start now! Its curcial to this country...

Down in the dumps and crying!
    Congress is more important because districts are more winnable. Worry about President after we have Congress.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will be considering a run for state rep in 2010.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear