Thread: Professor Resigns After Admitting Theft of McCain Yard Signs

Professor Resigns After Admitting Theft of McCain Yard Signs

Professor Resigns After Admitting Theft of McCain Yard Signs

A visiting professor who blogged about stealing McCain-Palin signs from the yards of Minnesota residents has lost his job because of the thefts.

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Minnesota professor who admitted on the Huffington Post that he stole campaign signs for John McCain posted along the highway has resigned.

Phil Busse left his temporary post at St. Olaf College after the school learned of his Oct. 30 posting, "Confessions of a Lawn Sign Stealer," in which the visiting professor admitted to snatching signs from Highway 19 in southeast Minnesota, the Northfield News reported Monday.

"This summer and autumn it was speckled with McCain signs, their cobalt blue squarely set against the gold and red of fall foliage," he wrote on the Huffington Post. "By early October, however, there were no McCain-Palin campaign signs on the eastbound stretch of Highway 19. It wasn't because loyalties had switched, but because I pulled them out."

David Gonnerman, a spokesman for St. Olaf College, told the News that the school learned of Busse's actions on Friday.

"The administration made clear that Mr. Busse's actions were in direct conflict with the college's values and mission and that the college did not in any way condone them," Gonnerman said.

Busse was a visiting professor and taught one class at the college, introductory media studies. He was charged with misdemeanor theft after he told Rice County law enforcement that he took three yard signs, the News reported.

In his blog post, Busse said "yanking out the signs and running like a scared rabbit back to my idling car was one of the single-most exhilarating and empowering political acts that I have ever done."

He faces up to 90 days in jail and or a $1,000 fine, the paper said.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know what's more disturbing.

The fact this man is teaching college students and is dumb enough to post a BLOG about stealing campaign signs...

or...

Yeah, he's just dumb. Nevermind.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

What a moron. I would never pull political signs from someone's yard, even if I despised the candidate.
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

In his blog post, Busse said "yanking out the signs and running like a scared rabbit back to my idling car was one of the single-most exhilarating and empowering political acts that I have ever done."
    Humph.

When the people finally get pushed hard enough and start to fight back, I wonder what he'll think then.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by give.me.liberty View Post
    I don't know what's more disturbing.

The fact this man is teaching college students and is dumb enough to post a BLOG about stealing campaign signs...

or...

Yeah, he's just dumb. Nevermind.
    + 700 Billion

(no retirement benefits for him - let him find a real job that doesn't involve contact with humans because he is dangerous to their minds).

Quote Originally Posted by SnappleLlama View Post
    What a moron. I would never pull political signs from someone's yard, even if I despised the candidate.
    He stole "yard" signs from the highway.

Is that illegal, or is it picking up litter?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

FTA:

That doesn't sound like picking up litter to me, though I understand what you're saying
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

Ahhh, then maybe he should have "relocated them" by stacking them behind a single sign so that they could not be read from the highway.

The OP said, "A visiting professor who blogged about stealing McCain-Palin signs from the yards of Minnesota residents has lost his job because of the thefts."

So if that's not a personal property crime, he can have his job back and just lose his retirement benefits 'cause he is still an ass.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.