Thread: Amendment to the Constitution

Amendment to the Constitution

How many of you would support an amendment to the Constitution that recindes Congress' power to "regulate commerce with foreign nations, and amongst the several states" to finally, and once and for all, end the federal government's intrusion into the economy. For the first time in this country's history, we would have a 100% laissez-faire, free market Capitalism.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Before that will ever happen, we would need people to actually recognize our Constitution's existence. In the end we might not need to amend it for your desired effect. Just convince people and politicians interpret the constitution strictly by what the people who wrote it intended.

Yeah, but most of the people on capitol hill are attorneys and they will bend anything to make it applicable their ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Thompson View Post
    How many of you would support an amendment to the Constitution that recindes Congress' power to "regulate commerce with foreign nations, and amongst the several states" to finally, and once and for all, end the federal government's intrusion into the economy. For the first time in this country's history, we would have a 100% laissez-faire, free market Capitalism.
    Pass an admendment? HAH!

Those Clowns inside the DC Beltway are figuring out a way to finally burn the U.S. CONSTITUTION. Then, the corporations and Wealth will write a NEW ONE! Afterwards, a National Holiday will be passed
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I would support a rephrasing of the "interstate commerce" clause, but not totally removing it. The whole idea of the clause was to ensure no state could impede interstate commerce. Eventually, the word "regulate" was misconstrued to mean "control".
    "My pride in my country is inversely proportional to Michelle Obama's pride in her country."
    - Me

Enron would have loved such an amendment.

actually that part of the Constitution, as Ron Paul pointed out is misinterpreted; it was put there so prevent States from engaging in tariff wars against each other...however it was eventually distorted to mean that they could regulate any aspect of the economy.