Thread: could the dollar collapse in the next two weeks?

could the dollar collapse in the next two weeks?

i've read some articles saying that it could... due to a triggering of sales of derivatives. can't imagine it but could it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbc58 View Post
    i've read some articles saying that it could... due to a triggering of sales of derivatives. can't imagine it but could it?
    We can only hope.

No matter what, next year is going to be ugly,

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...b3Y&refer=home

When they have to come up with all that money it will be a shock.

No...
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

Two trillion

So next year's deficit may be two trillion dollars. Ahahahahahaha! I bet it will be more than that because government revenue will fall faster and farther, the Banker's bailout will cost far more than $700 billion, and there will be more stimulus programs and accelerating bailouts of business and government entities. And most of it will be paid for with freshly created money.

Yesterday someone posted a very interesting article on the surge in dollar strength. It said essentially that investors fleeing stock markets all over the world went into the safest investment they could make quickly and for the short term - US treasuries. To do this, they had to buy dollars, driving up the demand. Sounds reasonable to me.

But 3-month US treasuries suck. They only look good in comparison to a crashing equities market. So, what will happen when those note mature? My guess would be a sell-off in US treasuries with the dollars flowing into hard assets. And that means rapid price increases for those hard assets and a collapse of the dollar. We should see in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    We can only hope.
    I, for one, don't want the dollar to collapse, because rather than trust our government to go back to the gold standard, we'd probably end up with a one-world currency of some sort. Best to change it before the elite decide that it's their privelege to rescue the situation. They're doing a crappy job of it now, and I doubt that'll change if our currency gets totally flushed down the toilet.

it's possible... but i doubt it.

a collapse could happen at any time because if foreigners decide to dump dollars, they can cause a run on the currency virtually over night. i'm still looking for $50 oil because that's when i think the OPEC countries go bankrupt and have to dump their dollars... so i'd be looking for the dollar collapse when oil gets to around $50

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The insanity continues. Forcing them to do this to get a loan,

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...uxjkc&refer=uk

I would say that it will happen as soon as the government forces banks to start lending their bailout money. Once they see that they are just sitting on it, they'll probably be nationalized and we'll have hyperinflation within a couple of months.