Thread: How does this hoodie look?

How does this hoodie look?

Alright, made my own design for a hoodie. If someone can just look over the quote on the back and make sure I didn't spell anything wrong, it would be appreciated. I checked a couple of times but after staring at Illustrator for 4 hours (snow days are awesome), I think I am starting to see things.

The liberty/USA is a clipart I ended up having to make all over again because liberty was holding a gun... and it just seemed a bit too violent if I was going to have a RP quote on the back, so a peace sign fits much nicer.

Both designs are huge.

Front:

- some of it is black because I am putting the design on a black hoodie.

Back:

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A++
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

there are some grammatical errors, but it would look stupid to add [sic] lol

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    there are some grammatical errors, but it would look stupid to add [sic] lol
    Where? I need to correct it, if you ppplease.

A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

I would wear something like that.

But I'm goin wait til the C4L store and get a sweatshirt from there.

Quote Originally Posted by give.me.liberty View Post
    Where? I need to correct it, if you ppplease.
    The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, (?) while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people.
    The moral and constitutional obligation of our representatives in Washington is to protect our liberty, not to coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people.

Only one obligation is listed (to protect our liberty).

I am not sure whether or not that comma should be omitted.
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 10-28-2008 at 01:21 PM.

Crap. Now I have to go with what he said (obligations and are) or obligation and is.

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Crap. Now I have to go with what he said (obligations and are) or obligation and is.
    I'd go with the exact quote since you also have his name on there. Very well done, btw!
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

If someone can just look over the quote on the back and make sure I didn't spell anything wrong, it would be appreciated.
    spell check dude.

bring back the gun and dump the rp quote then it'll be straight

lets see some pics of u modeling it

I'd say just keep the quote as is, to preserve it's authenticity of origin. There's a big difference between speaking in ebonics, and merely sliding a little with colloquial dialogue; it still gets the idea across quite bluntly.

And nikki, that hoodie looks great. I've avoided wearing political stuff because so much of it is loud and tacky, but that's something I'd be happy to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir Wotansvolk View Post
    I'd say just keep the quote as is, to preserve it's authenticity of origin. There's a big difference between speaking in ebonics, and merely sliding a little with colloquial dialogue; it still gets the idea across quite bluntly.

And nikki, that hoodie looks great. I've avoided wearing political stuff because so much of it is loud and tacky, but that's something I'd be happy to buy.
    Alright, I am keeping the quote how he said it. Thank you for your compliments

Thanks guys

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

Alright, I am keeping the quote how he said it. Thank you for your compliments

Thanks guys
    why how did you ebonicize it?

I just received it today! It looks great, I really recommend SpreadShirt.

The lettering (of the quote) was too small for their machine to cut out, so I had to make a black background for it. But, it still looks awesome. I am very, very happy woman. Shipping was ultra fast, and there's always coupons that are available to save money.

I might put these in a store to get a few bucks - or I might just put the designs up too.
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 11-07-2008 at 12:46 PM.

निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nikki, that hoodie is terrific! Wear it with pride as I'm sure you will.
    Also, love your new signature, what a beautiful, fitting quote.
    The more laws and order are made prominent,
    The more thieves and robbers there will be.
    ~Lao-tzu

"Do not believe anything because it is said by an authority, or if it is said to come from angels, or from Gods, or from an inspired source. Believe it only if you have explored it in your own heart and mind and body and found it to be true."~ Buddha

Are the T's union made - printed by a union printer?
    The ultimate test of a man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard. - Gaylord Nelson

Be the "Change" you want to be...