Thread: My Project for the Revolution. Advice Needed.

Lightbulb My Project for the Revolution. Advice Needed.

http://peoplesrevolution.org/

I have been a fervent follower of the freedom movement in the past, but i can't sit on the sidelines any longer as I see our country being destroyed. It seems to me that the freedom movement sometimes gets caught up in itself.. almost like we are riding our own waves of revolution and not reaching outward. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel we write blogs on websites and host events that only attract other followers. Half a revolution is no revolution at all in my opinion. The key, in my opinion, is to educate others, and fast.

I have been working on developing a website focused on bringing others from the "mainstream" to the Revolution in a bottom-up kind of grassroots fashion. The website is a place for people to come together to post/share resources to educate others. Hopefully it will give those who believe in the revolution the proper tools to reach out and share these resources.

I am a Sophomore at Vanderbilt University studying Economics and Chinese. I do not have many friends that i can turn to here in Nashville for an honest opinion regarding these topics. Would you be so kind and take a look at the site.. tell me what you think and offer some criticism?

If you are interested in helping, please email me.

In Liberty,
    Ricky Diaz

riccardo.w.diaz@vanderbilt.edu
    ---

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    um, ricardo...

"People's revolution"?

Before we go any further, I'm curious how old you are. Also, have you read Atlas Shrugged, a book by an author, Ayn Rand, whose books Ron Paul says are all worth reading despite some major disagreements he has with her. His disagreements are not regarding the economics of her tales or her use of the word "people's" to get a certain idea across.

It may also help to do a wikipedia search on the history of countries such as China, Russia, Vietnam, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Algeria, Yugoslavia, Albania, Czechoslovakia, Poland, East Germany...

Finally, take a peek at an old sixties documentary called Anarchy USA.

After that, if you request our meddling into your project, then at least we can have a much more informed and probably productive discussion.

...nice idea, hate the name, but do we really need another one of these types of websites that suck people online, especially after the advent of the C4L?

Quote Originally Posted by free.alive View Post
    um, ricardo...

"People's revolution"?

Before we go any further, I'm curious how old you are. Also, have you read Atlas Shrugged, a book by an author, Ayn Rand, whose books Ron Paul says are all worth reading despite some major disagreements he has with her. His disagreements are not regarding the economics of her tales or her use of the word "people's" to get a certain idea across.

It may also help to do a wikipedia search on the history of countries such as China, Russia, Vietnam, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Algeria, Yugoslavia, Albania, Czechoslovakia, Poland, East Germany...

After that, if you request our meddling into your project, then at least we can have a much more informed and probably productive discussion.

...nice idea, hate the name, but do we really need another one of these types of websites that suck people online, especially after the advent of the C4L?
    See:

http://wethepeoplespace.com

cool, seems like a good education resource if you get it up and running

Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    cool, seems like a good education resource if you get it up and running
    Which one?

Or

http://wethepeoplespace.com

Or both?

Quote Originally Posted by free.alive View Post
    um, ricardo...

"People's revolution"?

Thanks for your response. To answer your question, I am 20 years old. But as I like to say, age is not a measure of enthusiasm or intellect

As to your point about the use of the word "people.."
    I am aware of the connotations of the term. I am Cuban-American, as well as a student of Chinese history and political thought. My use of the word was intentional, however.

The "people's revolution" name is alluding to the site's stated goal of changing the two-party system status quo and adopting a platform of real issues that return the country back to its principles.

The name is an attempt to differentiate between governmental politics and people's politics, the latter being our goal. People's politics, if you are familiar, is a system by which decisions are made between a civil and educated society and the political elites. The opposite being governmental politics, where decisions are made among the powerful political elite only.. hence corporatism. We rapidly moving towards a system of Governmental politics and away from People's Politics. Simply, the goal is government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Even the Constitution uses the word "people."

Now, you would be correct in saying (which i think you're trying to say) that people's politics rarely succeeds on a large scale. Hence the revolution. This is the paradigm of any republic.. our republic can only succeed if we can keep it. The key is education and knowledge.

As Ayn Rand even said herself (if i recall from a speech i read), the pillars of liberty include education and knowledge.

The symbol of the People's Revolution, for instance, is the Liberty Tree. If you recall, the liberty tree dates back to the stamp act, when Bostonians nailed their grievances to a tree. The colonists stood up to what was deemed a "knowledge tax." I think we can agree that this revolution we all are a part of is a "popular" revolution of the "people."

It is also important for us not to attach ourselves to one leader, one organization, etc.. That's how revolutions are toppled as I explain. The PeoplesRevolution.Org is a way for us all to BE leaders and BE organized.

As for your concern about us "revolution-ites" spending too much time on the internet rather than promoting real change.. I share your concern wholeheartedly. I think that we tend to ride our own waves of "revolution" like my parents did in the 60s with free love and all the rest. But as I like to remind myself, half a revolution is no revolution at all. We tend to form groups that isolate our cause. I think we can agree with that statement.

But PeoplesRevolution.Org was created with the goal of educating others about the issues, not isolating our cause. It's meant to disseminate knowledge. Hopefully I can add functionality to the website to disseminate knowledge in other ways off the internet. But I maintain that the only way we can expand this revolution is for the people to take action.. a People's Revolution.

Your thoughts are appreciated. And as we discuss these topics, I am refining the site's message. =]

-Ricky

And to use an example.. we can post all the videos we have on the website, so there's one unified collection of information that's categorized and searchable. (i.e. if peter schiff is on cnn that day or something) And we can use social bookmarking tools to share, rank, and disseminate them right on the site.

i think it's great. you should contact joshlowry (forumadmin) once you get rolling about affiliating w/ slave uprising.

similar concepts, i look forward to your updates.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the content is excellent, but if first impressions are important, I would say that the title of the webpage would attract mostly leftists (a good thing - teach them) and potentially turn off conservatives. Ron did say that a lot of our future support would come from the left. That's where I came from.
    Bwat

Thanks

Thanks for your comments!! Any other ideas you have would be most helpful!