Thread: Third Party Presidential Debate - Ralph Nader and Chuck Baldwin - 10/23/08

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Thumbs up

100,ooo thanx! most people would have missed this...

Hmm, I was kind of disappointed with Chuck. I never saw too much video of him before, though.
    'We must make the world safe for democracy'--Woodrow Wilson, 1917
    'We gotta make democracy safe for the world'--Walt Kelly, 1970

If you support open debates and would like to see the Presidential Debate Commission replaced or changed, click here.

Documentary: Debating the Role of Third Parties in the U.S

Baldwin is bland and never emphasizes anything. Very monotone. I'd like to see Gary Johnson (a favorite of mine) and Jesse Ventura in debate. Ventura seems very fierce and would definitely grab the more "manly" Republicans who love such aspects (but arent as strong) in John McCain and Rudy Giuliani.

One glaring thing I noticed in this debate was Baldwin gazing at Nader in what appeared to be awe and admiration, while Nader ranted about corporatism.

Hopefully Baldwin recognizes that he's in way over his head. Good guy, for sure, but he should NOT be a candidate for any major office.

Aside from that, though, there was far more chemistry between these two than there was disagreeance. If this wasn't the primer for an underground left-right coalition, then I'm just going to kill myself.

is chuck baldwin on a learning curve? ralph nader has running for president
    memorized to the degree where its an automatic response... i feel chuck baldwin
    is trying to find his stride, i expect to see him running again... in 2012!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.