Thread: The Nuke Standard

Exclamation The Nuke Standard

Is our dollar backed by nuclear warheads?

Ever since the end of WWII, and the invention of the atomic bomb, the United States has been the Superpower of the world.

Recently, as Dr. Paul said, we've been invading Third World countries with no army, navy, or airforce. We are saber-rattling. We did it again in Georgia, and now Russia has lost 73% of its wealth in two months.

We've borrowed all of this money from overseas, and we're worried about our National Debt. How do we know that the President won't just declare a forced majeure? What are the lenders going to do, nuke us?

It seems to me that we will default on our payments, and nuke any country that threatens us, thus causing the rest of the foreign investors to cave.

We are no longer the policeman of the world, we are the bully. After we take Iran's lunch money, who will be next?
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep, as the dollar collapses and continues collapsing the critical question is posed: Repression or Regeneration? Patriot Act, Iraq, Georgia, Taiwan, etc. are all examples of Repression.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasLastHope View Post
    Is our dollar backed by nuclear warheads?

We did it again in Georgia, and now Russia has lost 73% of its wealth in two months.
    Wait, what? When did Russia lose 73% of it's wealth? You have a link to that story?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasLastHope View Post
    We are no longer the policeman of the world, we are the bully.
    Difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash Martinez View Post
    Difference?
    Your generation is showing. Policemen comfort victims and terrorize only bad guys. At least, that was once the theory...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The nuke standard is what lets me sleep at night. The Soviet Union collapsed, but the nuke standard kept them safe. If the dollar really does become worthless, we at least have gold reserves and nukes to protect us.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Your generation is showing. Policemen comfort victims and terrorize only bad guys. At least, that was once the theory...
    I don't know which policemen you've met. The cops in my towns area a bunch of $#@!s hellbent on writing tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by lodge939 View Post
    The nuke standard is what lets me sleep at night. The Soviet Union collapsed, but the nuke standard kept them safe. If the dollar really does become worthless, we at least have gold reserves and nukes to protect us.
    We don't need a super duper giant arsenal of nukes. You only need a few. It's not practical to wage war overseas. If a country tried to invade us, they would get slaughtered. In fact, the only reason we are able to wage war the way we do is because we have installed military bases all over the place. The chances of another country attacking the US is slim to none. The only countries that could easily attack us from a geographic point of view, would be Mexico and Canada. Last time I checked, the NYPD could fight off Canada.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

...we at least have gold reserves...
    We have gold reserves?

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    We have gold reserves?
    Yes, at Fort Knox and at the Fed NY. Before you start your conspiracy nonsense, there are videos of a Senator giving journalists a tour of Fort Knox.

Yes, at Fort Knox and at the Fed NY. Before you start your conspiracy nonsense, there are videos of a Senator giving journalists a tour of Fort Knox.
    Link, please?

Knox has never been inventoried. They looted the SS trust right in front of everyones eyes, you think all that gold in secret is still there =)

I'm sure there is still some but not all.

I was just asking. Damn.

What year was that? From what I understand, nobody knows how much gold is in Fort Knox.

In the 60s, you could go on a tour of the depository but since then, it has been off limits.

Edit: There are no tours allowed.
    http://www.ustreas.gov/education/faq...tours.shtml#q6
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 10-21-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirellyn View Post
    Wait, what? When did Russia lose 73% of it's wealth? You have a link to that story?
    The RTSI graph speaks for itself...

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

I don't think the other major powers in the world want to fight us. They just would like to buy us.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Owning nukes didn't stop the Ruble collapse. Nor do they prevent Pakistan from being a third world dump.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanEdwards View Post
    Owning nukes didn't stop the Ruble collapse. Nor do they prevent Pakistan from being a third world dump.
    Russia has hoards of resources, and Pakistan's nukes probably can't even hit Hawaii.