Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: **Homemade weapons**

Higher powered airsofr can pack even more of a wallop, up to 3 or 4 or even more football fields in 1 second, of course these cost well in the hundreds(of u.s. Dollars) or more, or less depending on your currency, and if you country has banned sale of these, spring powered ones are really easy to make, out of pens, or pvc pipes, just use essentially the instructions for a standard zip gun, just without the firing pin, instead you just need a small flat surface for the bb, (which you can easily make from lead), to rest on.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Again half a football field, thats alot of space for just 1 seacond, you can't run that fast!! No one can, save superman!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anything that moves that fast is sure to kill even large animal, or humans in self defense cases.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFreeOrDie!!! View Post
    Anything that moves that fast is sure to kill even large animal, or humans in self defense cases.
    Airsoft is not useful as a defensive weapon, simply because of the low density of the projectiles. Even if the plastic pellets traveled as fast as real bullets, they would not even penetrate clothes. You could put an eye out, but not much more. They are DESIGNED to be entirely non-lethal. Besides, it's easier to make a shotgun that can actually kill than to make an airsoft gun.

Take a look at the example below. It's a simple homemade 12 gauge shotgun that only has two moving parts -- the trigger, and the bolt which is released when the trigger is pulled, slamming forward under force of a spring to fire the shell. Of course, if you don't have a gun it's likely you don't have shotgun shells either, in that case you could do away with the bolt and trigger entirely and make it into a hand cannon with no moving parts at all, using matchheads for gunpowder and a rocket igniter or a piece of steel wool with a 9V battery to set it off. There's some US Army manuals that were posted a little earlier in this thread that show several ways to do that sort of thing.

If you shot a bunch of airsoft pellets out of it though, even using a lot of gunpowder, it would be completely useless as a defensive or hunting weapon. You'd have to put something fairly heavy in it, like nails, rocks or fishing weights.

Last edited by Expatriate; 10-22-2009 at 04:17 PM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Talking "Anti-Bear" suit

This isn't exactly a weapon, but it is a homemade defensive device. Kind of ungainly though, I laughed my ass off when I saw the last suit.

It would sure be interesting if someone made one that could stop rifle bullets, although it would be really heavy. If you wore one of these babies under it however, the weight wouldn't be much of an issue. Unless of course you fell off a boat. You'd be like Iron Man, just a bit weaker and unable to fly

Last edited by Expatriate; 04-30-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Don't know if this has been posted yet, maybe not much use, but looks fun:

http://blog.800hightech.com/homemade...al-lesso/2095/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hi,
    good forum, luckiest topic )

Look :

Its homemade, except for receiver from IZH-18 or IZH-K.
    12 cal barrel from 2 different D pipes
    Somewhere Russia north

Repeating crossbow!

This is pretty cool. Someone actually built the crossbow I posted plans for earlier in this thread. Looks like it's more accurate than the Chinese (chu-ko-nu) design, too. The advantage to this is that it might be legal where firearms are not.
    YouTube - Repeating Crossbow
    YouTube - repeating crossbow 2

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    5-shot repeating pump-action crossbow .pdf plans:
    http://www.vintageprojects.com/arche...bow-plans.html

Head nod

Since I started this post I thought it prudent to contribute. This is my most successful thread which may bring some insight.

http://weburbanist.com/2009/09/10/in...tools-weapons/

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Since I started this post I thought it prudent to contribute. This is my most successful thread which may bring some insight.

http://weburbanist.com/2009/09/10/in...tools-weapons/

That brings back some memories.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Check this out:

It's a set of infrared (invisible to the naked eye) LEDs that you wear on a headband. It creates a bright spot that shows up on cameras, obscuring your identity. Apparently it is quite easy and cheap to make.
    http://www.toytowngermany.com/lofi/i...hp/t89761.html
    http://www.oberwelt.de/projects/2008/Filo%20art.htm
    Smart thinking .... but one can even be identified by their movements today ... However, masking the face is always a smart idea at night. Don't leave home without one. Just be wary of being an easy target.
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 01-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    Truth Drives Me

Furthermore, lasers are one of our most powerful assets, but the government, FDA, has been restricting them to the point of uselessness as a weapon. As always, buyer beware as lasers can blind quickly if used carelessly. If I want to carry a 1000 mw laser with me as a weapon, I should be freely to be able to do so...

Now, as far as safety glasses for lasers, does anyone know of a material which can filter the common wavelengths found in red, blue, and green lasers? * Carrying multiple glasses around isn't practical.

* Red ~ 600-1000nm would be the most important ...
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 01-22-2010 at 10:02 PM.
    Truth Drives Me

Whoot

It's back.

Thanks guys.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The Lego Shotgun! And, it really shoots! ...little legos tho...

YouTube - SPAS 12 pump action shotgun (lego)

I guess the next thing government will outlaw is legos, because they can be used to build weapons, and they are a choking hazard. Again, it comes down to the point where we ask ourselves what is the intended function of the government, to keep us Free, or to keep us Safe?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It's back.

Thanks guys.
    Ditto
    Truth Drives Me

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The Lego Shotgun! And, it really shoots! ...little legos tho...

YouTube - SPAS 12 pump action shotgun (lego)

I guess the next thing government will outlaw is legos, because they can be used to build weapons, and they are a choking hazard. Again, it comes down to the point where we ask ourselves what is the intended function of the government, to keep us Free, or to keep us Safe?
    Damn, and I thought I was good with legos as a kid! I didn't make anything that cool.

204 thousand views?

That has got to be some kind of RPF record!

ETA - Scratch that, it's probably Fibbies checking in on a daily basis.

Hello there, icehole corksuckers.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-31-2010 at 08:16 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    They have been made illegal because they can be made to have quiet a bit of force. They are a really good thing to know how to make in a national emergency pinch and are very accurate. Poor mans bazooka! The one we had was made with PVC pipe.

http://www.spudtech.com/ I mean DAMN, check it out!!
    The BATF determined that spud guns are legal as long as you don't use them as weapons.

http://www.spudtech.com/content.asp?id=13

ATF -- Yes, they are legal.

Department of the Treasury

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Washington, DC 20226

As defined in section 921(a) (3) of Title 18, United States Code (USC) the term "firearm" means --

* (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;
    * (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon;
    * (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or
    * (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.

As defined in 26 USC subsection 5845(f) (2) the term destructive device includes any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may readily be converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellent, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary or his delegate finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes; and (3) any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting any device into a destructive device as defined in subparagraphs (1) and (2) and from which a destructive device may be readily assembled. The term 'destructive device' shall not include any device which is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon; any device, although originally designed for use as a weapon, which is redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line throwing, safety, or similar device; surplus ordnance sold, loaned, or given by the Secretary of the Army pursuant to the provisions of section 4684(2), 4685, or 4686 of title 10 of the USC; or any other device which the Secretary of the Treasury or his delegate finds is not likely to be used as a weapon, or is an antique or is a rifle which the owner intends to use solely for sporting purposes.

It is unlawful for anyone to make or possess a destructive device which is not registered in accordance with the provisions of the National Firearms Act.

We have previously examined that certain muzzle loading devices known as "potato guns." These potato guns are constructed from PVC plastic tubing. They use hair spray or a similar aerosol substance for a propellant, and have some type of spark ignitor. We have determined that these devices, as described, are not firearms provided that they are used solely for launching potatoes for recreational purposes. However, any such devices which are used as weapons or used to launch other forms of projectiles may be firearms and destructive devices as defined.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Firearms Technology Branch, Room 6450

650 Massachusetts Avenue NW

Washington, DC 20226

Sincerely yours,

(signature)

Curtis H. A. Bartlett Acting Chief, Firearms Technology Branch
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Homemade Rocket Engines and Rockets (Legal to actually build and launch)

As far as I know, rocket engines like this are completely legal in most places if you use cardboard or plastic tubes instead of metal in their construction. Check your state and local laws of course, and beware that the feds could ban them at any time. The "homemade weapons" potential of these things is obvious, and of course using them to carry any kind of warhead is extremely illegal, so don't do it, except maybe in your imagination.

Homemade "Estes-Type" Hobby Rocket Engines (more powerful)
    http://shadow.yak.net/125

Homemade "Whistle Rockets" (Fireworks Type)
    http://www.skylighter.com/fireworks/...le-rockets.asp

It's likely cheaper to mass-produce a bunch of these instead of buying the Estes engines they sell at hobbyshops, unless you only plan on launching one or two with your kids. One plus is that you can make them as big as you want (but once they are bigger than a certain size you might need a license, check the laws again)

Once you have made the engines, you can make a rocket body out of non-metallic materials and launch it. It must have at least a streamer or some kind of parachute that deploys to slow it down before it hits the ground so that it doesn't do damage to people or property.

This is a homemade Whistle Rocket Firework

"Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

Simpler way to make a wooden bow - power tools!

Most guides to making wooden bows talk about using drawknives and spoke-shaves, which aren't easy to find or to use for a beginner. This guide describes how to use power tools to achieve the same effect, and while the result will not be as refined as a bow made the traditional way, it's better than not trying at all.

http://www.alanesq.com/longbow/bsb/T...Bowyer-261.pdf

More archery-related guides such as how to shoot accurately, how to make a string and how to make arrows:

http://archers.own.cz/_books/

140lb longbow made by the author using this method:

Video - How to make a single-barrel survival shotgun

Looks like the basic 12g shotgun from the army manual posted earlier in this thread. The guy is calling it art, so hopefully he won't get his life ruined by the feds over this.

You can see the rest of his post-apocalyptic survival themed art at his channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/chadpers.../2/IgeUbUXTUU8

YouTube - Skill: Making a Pipe Gun

YouTube - firing an improvised shotgun
    Last edited by Expatriate; 10-06-2010 at 07:37 PM.

How NOT to make a shotgun - before and after firing

Who in their right mind would use plastic PVC pipe? Maybe he was desperate and the Russian mafia was coming for him... or was he trying out for a Darwin Award?

I'm surprised it didn't blow up worse. Some of the shot might have actually left the muzzle at a fair clip.

On second thought, it was probably a bored kid who stole some of Daddy's shotgun shells. A desperate man probably wouldn't have time to carve "finger grooves" into the grip and attach a "tac light".

Before firing:

After firing:

Original thread:
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=7&t=209277

Even in China... they don't like things Made in China...

The underground Chinese gunsmith who made this fearsomely awkward revolver-cannon-shotgun-boat-anchor thing actually stamped "MADE IN USA" and the Beretta logo on it, in the hopes that some doofus would pay him more because of that. Wonder if it worked? (The fraud as well as the firearm)

I don't see any cylinder locking method, so I would deem it unsafe to fire. Revolvers are not suited to be homemade. Pepperboxes, on the other hand, are almost as good and while they aren't as pretty they are much easier to contruct safely.
    (You can see what a pepperbox is, and an example of a homemade one if you backtrack a bit in this thread)

h

Who in their right mind would use plastic PVC pipe? Maybe he was desperate and the Russian mafia was coming for him... or was he trying out for a Darwin Award?

I'm surprised it didn't blow up worse. Some of the shot might have actually left the muzzle at a fair clip.

On second thought, it was probably a bored kid who stole some of Daddy's shotgun shells. A desperate man probably wouldn't have time to carve "finger grooves" into the grip and attach a "tac light".

Before firing:

After firing:

Original thread:
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/view...p?f=7&t=209277
    I would have loved to see his face immediately after.

The original thread is hilarious.
    I'm not sure what is worse. The fact that he thought it would work or the fact that he fired the other barrel after the first one blew up.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't remember if I posted this before.
    But it worth it again.
    Yooper assault rifle
    http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/...T;f=30;t=15656

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The underground Chinese gunsmith who made this fearsomely awkward revolver-cannon-shotgun-boat-anchor thing actually stamped "MADE IN USA" and the Beretta logo on it, in the hopes that some doofus would pay him more because of that. Wonder if it worked? (The fraud as well as the firearm)

I don't see any cylinder locking method, so I would deem it unsafe to fire. Revolvers are not suited to be homemade. Pepperboxes, on the other hand, are almost as good and while they aren't as pretty they are much easier to contruct safely.
    (You can see what a pepperbox is, and an example of a homemade one if you backtrack a bit in this thread)

h
    It'd be more believeable if it were stamped with "Made in Texas."

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    ... it wouldn't kill anything.
    Oh yes it could. Any device that can toss an 8 oz object over 150 yards could easily kill a human.

using a ballistics calculator...
    a 3500 grain potato(8 oz) launched at 300 ft/sec =
    699 ft/lbs

with a Taylor KO being a whopping 450! Based on the KO it should be capable if killing King Kong.

The "Taylor KO formula" was developed by John Taylor. John Talyor was an extremely experienced African hunter, his formula was based on killing thousands of large game animals with nearly any caliber you can imagine. This formula is designed to give you a relative "killing power" number for a given caliber, the higher the number the better. For example the 44 Magnum, which most handgunners consider an acceptable hunting caliber, with its standard 240gr load gets a Taylor KO of 20. A fairly typical 454 Casull 300gr load gets a 30, your standard 12 gage shotgun slug load gets a 53.

just a little food for thought.

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I would have loved to see his face immediately after.

The original thread is hilarious.

I'm not sure what is worse. The fact that he thought it would work or the fact that he fired the other barrel after the first one blew up.

It looks to me like both barrels fire simultaneously with the 'trigger' mechanism...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast