Thread: We shut down the first two Central Banks... time to shut down the third!?

We shut down the first two Central Banks... time to shut down the third!?

Why is it that we can't learn from other people's mistakes?

Thomas Jefferson (Letter to James Monroe, January 1, 1815)

“If the American People ever allow the banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers occupied. The issuing power of money should be taken from the bankers and restored to Congress and the people to whom it belongs. I sincerely believe the banking institutions having the issuing power of money are more dangerous to liberty than standing armies.

We are completely saddled and bridled, and the bank is so firmly mounted on us that we must go where they ill guide.

The dominion which the banking institutions have obtained over the minds of our citizens...must be broken, or it will break us.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it is going to take a lot more for us to shut this one down

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    it is going to take a lot more for us to shut this one down
    “I freed a thousand slaves, I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.”
    ~Harriet Tubman

The first step in solving a problem is acknowledging that a problem exists; People need to be educated in the history of money creation... considering it is the main motivation for most people, it is amazing how little people know about it.

I'm finally getting a chance to read The Creature from Jekyll Island... Highly recommended
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Actually, the reason for the other central banks being closed down aren't that exciting. The legislation that put them in place had expired. But they usually made a new one years later.

Hey, you're only about 95 years late.

SIR JOSIAH STAMP, (President of the Bank of England in the 1920's, the second richest man in Britain)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity, and was born in sin. The Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen, they will create enough deposits, to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers, and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits."

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

Thumbs up

One of my fave quotes ever. Thanks, TW!

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    Hey, you're only about 95 years late.

SIR JOSIAH STAMP, (President of the Bank of England in the 1920's, the second richest man in Britain)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity, and was born in sin. The Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen, they will create enough deposits, to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers, and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits."

"The issue which has swept down the centuries and which will have to be fought sooner or later is the people versus the banks." -- Lord Acton

It will be a "near death experience" worse than Chemo followed up with Radiation "treatments".

Necessary for a cure though.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    One of my fave quotes ever. Thanks, TW!

I Want The Earth Plus 5%
    http://www.wepin.com/why/earthp5.html

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    I'm finally getting a chance to read The Creature from Jekyll Island... Highly recommended
    I totally agree. I just finished Economics in One Lesson (another recommended book by Ron Paul) and I am now starting Creature from Jekyll Island. It's a real eye opener so far, and I am only in the second chapter!!

These books spell out the disastrous consequences that these bailouts will have on the economy in the long run. It's clear to me why Bernanke is asking for these bailouts (because he works for the banks!!) and for additional stimulus packages (to create inflation which benefits the banks), and why banks would collapse without them (because banks don't keep your savings, they loan 90% of it !!).

The lower and middle class are going to have a tough time for a few years, especially if more bailouts/stimulus-packages/social-programs/fake-money gets approved by congress. And then politicians will blame the bad economy on oil, or china, or wall street, or terrorism. Always uniting the masses against an enemy, to distract them from seeing the incompetence of congress and the transfer of money to the banks.

McCain = Obama = Bush, when it comes to the economy, they all voted for this bailout and for the stimulus packages.

To kill the Fed you need an efficient alternative that can be used in daily transactions. If people would focus more on the alternative than the problem I think a lot more would get done. Starve the bad and feed the good.

Quote Originally Posted by jonahtrainer View Post
    To kill the Fed you need an efficient alternative that can be used in daily transactions. If people would focus more on the alternative than the problem I think a lot more would get done. Starve the bad and feed the good.
    How about the "remove the government from the economy" alternative?