Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote Republican if no other choice?

Vote Republican if no other choice?

So when I go to vote if there isn't a 3rd party to vote for should I vote Republican or just abstain on that vote? It scares me to death that there will be a monopoly on Congress and the White House. Talk about insane! AH!?!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rp4prez View Post
    So when I go to vote if there isn't a 3rd party to vote for should I vote Republican or just abstain on that vote? It scares me to death that there will be a monopoly on Congress and the White House. Talk about insane! AH!?!
    If it were me, I would find a copy of the ballot for my state out on the web, and look up the candidates, and vote out every incumbent if there is one. Especially if they voted for the bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    If it were me, I would find a copy of the ballot for my state out on the web, and look up the candidates, and vote out every incumbent if there is one. Especially if they voted for the bailout.
    I've already done that!

I wouldnt vote for mccain, our goal is to get real republicans in office, wont happen if you keep voting any republican

Barr, the Libertarian Party, is on the ballot in 46 states.

The Green Party on 24 ballots and the Constitution Party on 14 ballots.

Quote Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
    Barr, the Libertarian Party, is on the ballot in 46 states.

The Green Party on 24 ballots and the Constitution Party on 14 ballots.
    The Constitution Party is on in 37 states and the Greens are on in 32. The LP is on in 45.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

A site that would show this would be helpful for allot of people...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DAFTEK View Post
    A site that would show this would be helpful for allot of people...
    http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G08/Pr...-Details.phtml

try this

pappy

For the LP, this info is found on Wikipedia :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ertarian_Party

The Constitution Party is not current and is confusing because they lie - like in Virginia, they claim to be supported as the Independent Green Party, in Connecticut as the Concerned Citizens Party, in Nebraska as the Nebraska Party and in Michigan as the US Taxpayers Party :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Taxpayers_Party

Updated info for the Green Party, 32 states :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_P..._United_States

The Constitution Party does not seem to be very organized as a national party, but is a loose coalition of "affiliated" movements at the state level. The Constitution Party is not officially on the ballot in Texas, but they filed the paperwork to have Baldwin recognized as a "write-in" candidate.

For the LP, this info is found on Wikipedia :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ertarian_Party

The Constitution Party is not current and is confusing because they lie - like in Virginia, they claim to be supported as the Independent Green Party, in Connecticut as the Concerned Citizens Party, in Nebraska as the Nebraska Party and in Michigan as the US Taxpayers Party :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Taxpayers_Party

Updated info for the Green Party, 32 states :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_P..._United_States
    wikipedia seems to think that Margaret Thatcher was a libertarian. Not exactly a reliable source, says I.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    wikipedia seems to think that Margaret Thatcher was a libertarian. Not exactly a reliable source, says I.
    Depends. I use a little intelligence to filter the information. For what I get from it, I consider it quite useful.

Depends. I use a little intelligence to filter the information. For what I get from it, I consider it quite useful.
    I find it useful as a starting point for real research, I'll concede that.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    That is awesome, the guy who told me Chuck Baldwin is not on the Iowa ballot is a complete idiot.... I can relax now.

I wasn't going to vote for my Congressman, but considering that he did vote against the bailout, and that he is a bit different compared to other Republican Congressmen (nowhere NEAR perfect though), I'll probably vote for him. Other than that? Just State+local issues and Ohio Senate+Congressional people for me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Im really afraid of voting here in georgia. i am voting for ron paul. if he isnt on the ballot then i will write him in, but that is my worry. what if they tell me i cant write him in and refuse to let me do it? i will get out of hand in a hurry i assure you and will probably go to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by nodope0695 View Post
    I'm gonna abstain on the presidential...but vote again my Senator and Reps cuz they all voted for the bailout.
    Good on you! No Fear!!

The kind of guts revolutions need.

Bunkloco

Vote republican...that gives us the best chance for another shot at t in 2012...an Obama win insures 8 years of communism if the USA survives at all. tones

If there is no other choice, is it still a choice?

Just an update, from the Constitution Party web site :

http://www.constitutionparty.com/ba_stats.php

They are on the ballot in only 18 states. Now, this is Constitution Party.

Chuck Baldwin is on the ballot in 48 states, except for the 18 above, as an Independent or as a write-in.

So I guess if you vote for Baldwin as an Independent, maybe the argument can be made that you are supporting the man and not the Constitution Party. Why hasn't someone made this case to set me straight?

One thing that I've noticed is that a lot of Baldwin support is tunnel vision.

Chuck Baldwin is on the ballot in 48 states, except for the 18 above, as an Independent or as a write-in.

So I guess if you vote for Baldwin as an Independent, maybe the argument can be made that you are supporting the man and not the Constitution Party. Why hasn't someone made this case to set me straight?

One thing that I've noticed is that a lot of Baldwin support is tunnel vision.
    And sub microscopic.

The Option to Vote For Principle Exists

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    If there is no other choice, is it still a choice?
    There are other choices. It's just that you don't agree with those choices.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    There are other choices. It's just that you don't agree with those choices.
    You seem to be saying that like it's a bad thing.

"The system is corrupt, beyond redemption, and is not worthy of my support!"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Baldwin in on the ballot in Michigan with the abbreviation "USP" for the party. I do not know what USP stands for (edited to add: so I will click the lnk provided - duh - and learn that it stands for the US Taxpayers Party.)

I was tempted to vote for Mike Rogers, my Rep, because he did vote against the bailout. And he made a point about the automakers bailout - the factories have to retool because the government sent down mandates. If the government makes mandates, the government should pay for mandates. He's no Ron Paul, but that actually made sense to me.

But 'vote them all out" won't work if we pick and choose who we like. It is that simple.

So Mike, sorry, but maybe if you run again in another 2 years I will vote you back in.

Well..Ron Paul said to vote for Baldwin, so they'll vote for Baldwin. I notice the Barr supporters have now left the forum. This movement shrinks daily. HOw is that helping? Don' t you think Ron Paul would have INCREASED his support if he had endorsed McCain? Then the GOP grassroots would have thought "Oh , Ron Paul endorsed McCain..he really IS on our team" and how many more could we have converted? How much good will would that have fostered? I don't understand the logic behind further ostrasizing the grassroots gop..who we could get on our team. It seems to just further water down the movement. tones

RON PAUL DID NOT ENDORSE MCDICK! QFT and get of the McDick, tones....

I'm in Oklahoma and, like in 2004, it appears only the Dem and Rep are going to be on the ballot. If there is no room to write-in Baldwin, I'm going to leave the Presidential area blank.

Quote Originally Posted by rp4prez View Post
    If there's no good 3rd party, just throw your ballot out in protest. You'd be better off not condoning their criminal actions by perpetuating the corrupt system.

Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    Well..Ron Paul said to vote for Baldwin, so they'll vote for Baldwin. I notice the Barr supporters have now left the forum. This movement shrinks daily. HOw is that helping? Don' t you think Ron Paul would have INCREASED his support if he had endorsed McCain? Then the GOP grassroots would have thought "Oh , Ron Paul endorsed McCain..he really IS on our team" and how many more could we have converted? How much good will would that have fostered? I don't understand the logic behind further ostrasizing the grassroots gop..who we could get on our team. It seems to just further water down the movement. tones
    You're sounding like a hack, tones. You can vote for that traitor McCain, but quit pushing it on us. You're not impressive in the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast