Thread: Does anyone have a REASONABLE explanation re why OIL/GOLD are DOWN?

Does anyone have a REASONABLE explanation re why OIL/GOLD are DOWN?

I'm soooo confused.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Must be because of the credit contraction.

Quote Originally Posted by aleix1979 View Post
    Must be because of the credit contraction.
    hi
    No one can speak for me. No man is above me. None may exercise authority over me while I stand on my own property. The only valid law is the Natural Law discoverable by every man's ability to reason.

Oil is down because it went well-above it's correlation to gold, and there is a glut in supply because several oil refineries were shut down due to hurricanes, while oil drills, for the most part, kept right on pumping.

Gold is down because investors are selling paper gold to cover margin calls.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Commodities got wiped out across the board today probably because funds were liquidating their commodity index positions. A big fund got wiped out today. The 15th of each month is redemption day where funds have to raise cash to pay their subscribers.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

Here's a simple answer: we don't know and no one can reasonable predict the future. I've heard Schiff say the Dow was going to hit 2,000 in 2002, and I've heard others say the market is going to rebound.

Here is what I know, the market is in trouble, how commodities fare is really none of our business because we don't know what the power brokers do behind closed doors. It's all speculation. If you like speculation speculate, if not don't.

Oil will go down through the election and probably rise. That's my prediction.

Metals are UP in small quantities! Have you looked at Ebay lately? It really depends where you are looking. Big buyers can still get close to spot. We're talking like the big bars of silver, not your coins.

Some say this is a decoupling of COMEX/NYMEX versus the street. The exchanges are marking to model, but the street is marking to market. This maybe because us simple lack of availability of minted metals.....

I've heard Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice's point made many times over the past 8 months. It seems very plausible.

Also plausible is the suggestion that we've gone from being the lowest-savings-rate nation to the highest in just months.

However, the very coupling of gold/silver seems illogical to me. In itself this smacks of manipulation.

And for a while now, the metals have risen and fallen in direct inversion to the DOW. What happened this time? What's happening now?

Many researchers have long said gold is manipulated. Common sense and my observations tell me this is so.

"Many researchers have long said gold is manipulated. Common sense and my observations tell me this is so. "

I also think so.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd hazzard a guess and say oil is down to passify the public and ease tension over the "credit crisis." It makes it seem as if things are getting better.

Not that I'm complaining about gas that at $2.97/gallon here in southern MD.

Re: GOLD manipulation

http://www.gata.org/goldrush21

watch those videos, this was from 2005

notice he says 'we know it's manipulated as during a real crisis Gold falls..' very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyate View Post
    Also plausible is the suggestion that we've gone from being the lowest-savings-rate nation to the highest in just months.
    profound importance. thanks oyate.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!