View Poll Results: Have you watched "Overview of America" yet?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have

86 50.89%
  • Not yet

76 44.97%
  • I disagree with the video

7 4.14%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have you watched "Overview of America" yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    Liberty Eagle,

To now answer your question: I don't know who my regional coordinator is.
    Well, if it were me, and I realize it's not (), I would find out who my regional coordinator and discuss the issue. If you do not get satisfaction there, I would go up the chain to McManus. I used to have his email address around here somewhere. FrankRep might have it.

You can call the JBS to find out who your regional guy is and they will tell you his name and phone number.

Even if you have decided to quit them, I wish you'd do this to tell them what your complaint is and your reasoning for it. If you don't tell them, they'll never know and likewise, you won't hear straight from the horses mouth, what their reasoning is on it.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    TruthisTreason,

Here's a list of the Field Staff of The John Birch Society. Just click on the state and get their contact information.

Field Staff of The John Birch Society
    http://www.jbs.org/index.php/about/c...al-jbs-leaders
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    I joined because I liked most of what they stood for.
    TruthisTreason,

Did you contact your local JBS field staff?
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Good video. Thanks for posting
    "No way could I be elected,
    because I'm not going to play the role of Santa Claus.
    I'm going to play the role of trying to tell people the truth."

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

Quote Originally Posted by bojo68 View Post
    I clicked it off when 2 sentences in they say the US is "religious based". I figure anybody that would say something like that isn't going to be right enough to make anything else they have to say worth listening to.
    I guess you're going to have to kick Ron Paul to the curb then, too:

"This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people’s allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage."

--Dr. Ron Paul
    "This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people’s allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage."

--Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Christian View Post
    I guess you're going to have to kick Ron Paul to the curb then, too:
    I don't understand why so many people have this religious hatred.

The founders of America felt our "rights" came from God and not the government. I would view religion the same way I would view a solid currency. The rules and standards are solid and unchanging, unlike the mob rule mentality and fiat currency.
    ----

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I mostly enjoyed the video when I watched it a while ago, but believe they got some things seriously wrong. Not surprising, since they're constitutionalist, and I'm a voluntaryist. Also known as minarchism vs anarchism.

JBS does a good job representing the minarchism arguments. If you want the best presentation of the anarchism arguments to compare/contrast, I highly recommend the podcasts at http://freedomainradio.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by OferNave View Post
    I mostly enjoyed the video when I watched it a while ago, but believe they got some things seriously wrong. Not surprising, since they're constitutionalist, and I'm a voluntaryist. Also known as minarchism vs anarchism.
    What did the video get wrong? I would like to research it.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    What did the video get wrong? I would like to research it.
    Their assumptions about anarchy, the possibility of maintaining a limited government in the long term, the morality of minarchism, etc. Like I said, I'm an anarchist, they're minarchists, so all the classical M vs A arguments apply here.

Their assumptions about anarchy, the possibility of maintaining a limited government in the long term, the morality of minarchism, etc. Like I said, I'm an anarchist, they're minarchists, so all the classical M vs A arguments apply here.
    Can the Constitution survive in anarchy? Also, what will happen to our nuclear weapons in anarchy?
    ----

Can the Constitution survive in anarchy? Also, what will happen to our nuclear weapons in anarchy?
    Clearly, cats and dogs would start living together without the divine presence of our lord, the Governor.

Call me when you're serious about wanting to understand and debate these issues, instead of having knee-jerk emotional reactions to unfamiliar ideas.

Clearly, cats and dogs would start living together without the divine presence of our lord, the Governor.

Call me when you're serious about wanting to understand and debate these issues, instead of having knee-jerk emotional reactions to unfamiliar ideas.
    It will take a slow and gradual change toward less and less government before people could handle no government, in my opinion. People would naturally want to start forming mini governments for their villages to protect themselves, in my view, so I don't see anarchy as a long term solution.
    ----

It will take a slow and gradual change toward less and less government before people could handle no government...
    So you consider anarchy as a possible long-term solution? Well, we can definitely find some common ground there, brother.

...so I don't see anarchy as a long term solution.
    Uh...

In all seriousness (and on the assumption that you are), I'm not as a good a communicator of ideas as certain others, so rather than waste time trying and failing to duplicate their efforts, I will instead direct you to the following book:

http://www.lulu.com/content/2488026

It's really short, it's really good, and it's really, really free.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you consider anarchy as a possible long-term solution? Well, we can definitely find some common ground there, brother.
    I mean a long term solution would be moving toward the direction of less government/anarchy. People are too dependent on the government right now to live in true anarchy. It seems like groups of people, like villages, will try to create their own form of government naturally. How do you stop people from creating their own governments?
    ----

I mean a long term solution would be moving toward the direction of less government/anarchy. People are too dependent on the government right now to live in true anarchy. It seems like groups of people, like villages, will try to create their own form of government naturally. How do you stop people from creating their own governments?
    ...by convincing them not to? Jesus, what do you think philosophical progress is all about? Everytime you think of one of these vague generalization arguments against anarchy, take a minute first and replace "anarchy" in the sentence with "abolition of slavery" and reconsider the argument in that context.

And, once again, I highly recommend that book. It explains this much better in 140 pages than I can replicate in a few short posts. It's not the absolute end of all debate, but it is, I believe, the best starting point for beginning to think honestly about this idea.

Always worth a re-watch after all these years...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234