Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Schiff's father is rotting in jail for "tax evasion."

Exclamation Peter Schiff's father is rotting in jail for "tax evasion."

Irwin Schiff (Peter's dad) is my favorite economics author. After years of defying the IRS, they finally railroaded him. A brave, gentle and jovial man, he will likely die in prison, where he is being mistreated.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=47027

he was a prolific author..

http://books.google.com/books?as_auth=Irwin+A+Schiff

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No way, this is seriously Peter's dad??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    No way, this is seriously Peter's dad??
    yes...Irwin was a LIBERTARIAN LEGEND back in the day...My favorite economics author of all time...He didnt hold anything back...totally fearless...and funny as hell.....

The government arrested him twice yet he continued to defy them.

This is where Peter gets his courage (and smarts) from

Well no wonder Peter does what he does... He must be pissed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Chester Copperpot

yes, it sucks.. Irwin is a smart and brave man.

Sucks being in jail for breaking a law that doesnt exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    yes, it sucks.. Irwin is a smart and brave man.

Sucks being in jail for breaking a law that doesnt exist.
    Yeah...and that mother f**** hank Paulson gets to sell 500 million in Goldman stocks and pay ZERO capital gains tax just before taking over Treasury.

He cashed in at its peak..knowing it would eventually tank. The Feds allow "public servants" who come to work for Treaseury and SEC to cash in stocks without paying cap gains because they "do not wish to discourage talented people from serving"

Utter bull$#@! because sooner or later the stocks would have to be liquidated anyway. Paulson..A BILLIONAIRE is allowed to save 100 million on cap gains tax while Wesley Snipes and Irwin Schiff rot in jail for chump change!

I'd be willing to bust the guy out. He is more of a political prisoner than anything.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

holy $#@!.

Because of writing books and whatnot I think he was made an example

"Paying taxes is the price of citizenship. After three strikes, I would hope that even Schiff realizes that he has struck out," said Internal Revenue Service Commissioner Mark Everson.
    ^ thats scary

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    I'd be willing to bust the guy out. He is more of a political prisoner than anything.
    sadly, most who know about him regard him as some sort of deviant criminal and a con artist

this can't be the america that so many people have fought and died for

Why do I feel like we are living in Red Dawn, but the enemy didn't come down in parachutes, they were elected with blood money to washington?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Why do I feel like we are living in Red Dawn, but the enemy didn't come down in parachutes, they were elected with blood money to washington?
    At least in Red Dawn, Americans knew who the enemy really was.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnir Wotansvolk View Post
    At least in Red Dawn, Americans knew who the enemy really was.
    true.
    Everything they say of the elder schiff, they could probably say of me, and others in our movement.
    This is sickening.

nt
    Last edited by PlzPeopleWakeUp; 03-09-2009 at 09:23 PM.

I never heard Peter Schiff say that Irwin Schiff is his dad. Does anyone have any proof besides Wiki? YouTube?

this is absolutely not acceptable, the Freedom Movement should do something to save him!!!

WTF!!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    this is absolutely not acceptable, the Freedom Movement should do something to save him!!!

WTF!!!
    organize.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by danberkeley View Post
    I never heard Peter Schiff say that Irwin Schiff is his dad. Does anyone have any proof besides Wiki? YouTube?
    Irwin is his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by danberkeley View Post
    "To my father, Irwin Schiff, whose influence and guidance concerning basic economic principle enable me to see clearly what others could not; to my son Spencer, to whom I hope to instill a similar vision; and to his and future generations of Americans, who through hard work and sacrifice might one day restore this nation to her former glory"

This is at the beginning of Crash Proof
    Last edited by No1ButPaul08; 10-11-2008 at 10:53 PM.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    "To my father, Irwin Schiff, whose influence and guidance concerning basic economic principle enable me to see clearly what others could not; to my son Spencer, to whom I hope to instill a similar vision; and to his and future generations of Americans, who through hard work and sacrifice might one day restore this nation to her former glory"

This is at the beginning of Crash Proof
    That's right! I checked my copy of Crash Proof. I totally forgot about that.

nt
    Last edited by PlzPeopleWakeUp; 03-09-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Chester Copperpot

try reading the Federal Mafia by schiff.. Its the only book I know of where the government has banned him selling it.. Its a free PDF download on his old website. www.paynoincometax.com

Imagine that:

I can go into any bookstore and buy a book to:

Practice Witchcraft
    Make bombs with household chemicals
    Learn crazy charlie manson $#@!
    Read about child molesters and people like jeffrey dahmer who eat people
    etc

BUT, I CANNOT BUY A BOOK THAT EXPLAINS HOW THERE IS NO INCOME TAX LAW.
    AND PROVES IT.

WTF IS THAT ABOUT?

Banning books is never good... Its always a bad deal for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by PlzPeopleWakeUp View Post
    Thought I would link this.

It's a trip seeing it. I haven't seenit in 20+ years but I remember it.
    This is the Irwin Schiff 'book' that made me understand inflation when I was young.

http://www.constitution.org/tax/us-ic/schiff/moltz.pdf
    I originally found it here from googling the title (thanks Conza88!):
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=162477

Is there a movement to restore his freedom?
    Where do I sign up?
    No worries!

Searches for How an Economy Grows on google are also painfully hard to find the pdf. That will be fixed totally when I & a fellow aussie rpfer's site comes out.

I think I have a new hero, along with Rothbard and Paul. Irwin. He's doing hard time for no crime.

Does he have the ability to keep on writing? Imagine releasing a book, written from a federal prison...

Feel bad for him.
    Last edited by Conza88; 10-11-2008 at 11:26 PM.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Nelson Mandela

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nelson Mandela
    Indeed. Obviously they restrict his access to a paper and a pen?

Surely he could write to lewrockwell.com on some subject, at get it up on the site...

"Written by Irwin Schiff, currently residing in Federal Prison for evading a tax he is lawfully not required to pay"... would be pretty powerful.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    Yeah...and that mother f**** hank Paulson gets to sell 500 million in Goldman stocks and pay ZERO capital gains tax just before taking over Treasury.

He cashed in at its peak..knowing it would eventually tank. The Feds allow "public servants" who come to work for Treaseury and SEC to cash in stocks without paying cap gains because they "do not wish to discourage talented people from serving"

Utter bull$#@! because sooner or later the stocks would have to be liquidated anyway. Paulson..A BILLIONAIRE is allowed to save 100 million on cap gains tax while Wesley Snipes and Irwin Schiff rot in jail for chump change!
    Isn't it true that they have to liquidate the stocks, so that it's not a conflict of interest?

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Isn't it true that they have to liquidate the stocks, so that it's not a conflict of interest?
    That might be the "official" explanation (I personally do not know) but its a moot point when every politician in the world gets paid off by these same banks, and big companies... How come govt doesnt recognize a conflict of interest with that?

The founders did.. Its illegal via the Constitution.

To whom do we send emails in support of Irwin?

We need to let our congressman and officials know that Irwin is no criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimaonliner View Post
    To whom do we send emails in support of Irwin?

We need to let our congressman and officials know that Irwin is no criminal.
    Because letting them know we opposed the bailout was SOOOOOO effective. I'm sure convincing them to grant someone a pardon will be a piece of cake.
    Force always attracts men of low morality. – Albert Einstein

Government is essentially the negation of liberty. – Ludwig von Mises

The great non-sequitur committed by defenders of the State, including classical Aristotelian and Thomist philosophers, is to leap from the necessity of society to the necessity of the State. - Murray N. Rothbard

I listened to the podcasts back when the trial was going on. That was some sad $#@!. He was completely railroaded. The judge was corrupt as hell. Jury rights were stripped away. The jury was told that all they could do was decide if he was guilty based on the law. Irwin was found in contempt for trying to read the law that he supposedly broke that he was being tried for. He was not allowed to submit any bit of tax code as evidence. The jury found him guilty without even knowing what the law was he broke.

An old man was basically given a life sentence, humiliated, and made an example of. He was put in prison with hand and feet restraints while murderers and rapists walked around freely. He was denied his prescription medication. Everything he had that he had worked for his entire life was taken away. All his books were banned. The tax freedom movement took a heavy hit that day.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast