Thread: What happened to Silver last night?

What happened to Silver last night?

As I write this - silver is down a full dollar per ounce -

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

What gives? I would think the price of silver would be surging like gold. Is this just people selling out of their silver position to cover other bets?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could be that paper silver investors see that industrial demand will be down a lot over the coming year or more. That's the one major problem with silver vs gold ... bad economy, less demand.

the true price is on ebay....

don't fuss yourself with the comex ny price. it is but fraud
    Mega Quakanami is coming to California, then WW3
    The US vs China and Russsia - qwakeup.org

I don't know, but it already smelled undervalued to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherbill View Post
    the true price is on ebay....

don't fuss yourself with the comex ny price. it is but fraud
    I believe you - but how will we know the true price if at some point in the future our ability to connect to the internet becomes erratic or impossible?
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeLiberty View Post
    I believe you - but how will we know the true price if at some point in the future our ability to connect to the internet becomes erratic or impossible?
    Your local coin shop.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Comex is now right up there with inflation/unemployment figures--pure fantasy if you want physical.
    When all else fails,
    there's always
    www.escapeartist.com

It could be the manipulators want silver to look like a bad hedge. Silver is a much smaller market and the chances of a silver confiscation is just about zero.

From what I have been reading, there is presently, nearly five times as much gold above ground as there is silver. A smaller market is much easier to manipulate.

You can bet those in control of the system, would rather see people buying gold than they would silver.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Your local coin shop.
    Well I hope they're honest. I would really like some independent way of knowing what a fair price would be before going to the coin shop, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"

The real price is 16.50 - 17.00/oz. Notice that very few people actually go through the auction process. Most are sold with "Buy It Now" button at what ever price. They've been selling last week as high as $2,600/100oz

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/items...86Q2ec0Q2em283

Cheers,
    mark...

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeLiberty View Post
    Well I hope they're honest. I would really like some independent way of knowing what a fair price would be before going to the coin shop, but I guess that's just wishful thinking.
    The other local coin shop.

Competition is good.

Please don't ever forget that there was life before the 'net. Some day this knowledge and confidence may come in handy for us.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The other local coin shop.

Competition is good.
    LOL - this is true.

I'm going to have to find out where the nearby pawn shops are located. The other coin dealers in my general area are in neighborhoods I won't set foot in when/if things get really bad.
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------

Unfortunately, even valuable things are being liquidated. There is always the possibility that hedge or mutual funds will have to sell off gold and silver...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Unfortunately, even valuable things are being liquidated. There is always the possibility that hedge or mutual funds will have to sell off gold and silver...

Beck was talking about that just a while ago. And gold is down an incredible $50 today as the stockmarket is down as well.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Why is that a bad thing? It makes it cheaper for those of us who are not leveraged and have cash to buy PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by danberkeley View Post
    Why is that a bad thing? It makes it cheaper for those of us who are not leveraged and have cash to buy PMs.
    Bad for those of us already holding a lot of it! Some people are "all in" (or as in as is prudent). But long time gold bugs tend to have a much higher tolerance for volatility, so we won't sell all our holdings in a panic...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.