Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add your 'John Hancock' to the Second Declaration Of Independence

Add your 'John Hancock' to the Second Declaration Of Independence

On the Fifth of November of the year 2008, the American People will be delivering a Statement of Intention to the United States federal government that We plan to abolish it on the Fifth of November of the year 2009.

If you would like your signature to be included on this Second Declaration, please read it and sign here.

Then, visit the main website and consider joining the forum community (under "Unite"):
    "Self-imposed limits on sovereign power can disarm mistrust, but provide no guarantee of liberty and property beyond those afforded by the balance between state and private force." - Anthony de Jasay

GARY JOHNSON 2012

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When our Forefathers drafted the Declaration of Independence, they reserved for us the right and duty to abolish any form of government that becomes destructive of our life and liberty. The current United States federal government has since far surpassed the level of tyranny and despotism of the British government that caused the first American Revolutionaries to dissolve the political bonds that connected them with the Crown.

The current United States federal government has:

Unconstitutionally invaded sovereign nations, and begun wars of aggression that have killed, maimed, and displaced hundreds of thousands of people.

Unconstitutionally imposed a system of warrantless surveillance over the American People, infringing our right to privacy.

Unconstitutionally suspended the right of habeas corpus, assuming unto itself the power to hold prisoners indefinitely without trial.

Unconstitutionally suspended the right to bear arms, confiscating the firearms and instruments of self defense of good citizens in diverse cases, including during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Unconstitutionally usurped control over the economic actions of the American People, placing unnecessary burdens on entrepreneurs who wish to pursue happiness; forcing prices of some goods to remain artificially high, to the detriment of American consumers; forcing prices of some goods to remain artificially low, to the detriment of American sellers; and imposing controls on wages, resulting in unemployment of American workers.

Unconstitutionally cut off our trade with many parts of the world.

Unconstitutionally usurped control over the money supply of the American People, forcing credit expansions and contractions that result in the dangerous Boom-Bust Cycle.

Unconstitutionally imposed detrimental taxes on the American People, most grievously, the personal income tax, and the tax of inflation brought about by the unconstitutionally chartered Federal Reserve central bank.

Unconstitutionally erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

Unconstitutionally decided to deploy, in times of peace, standing armies among us, under what is now called the U.S. Northern Command.

Unconstitutionally combined with other, unelected, international governing bodies (such as the United Nations, NATO, NAFTA, the IMF, the World Bank, etc.) to subject us to jurisdictions foreign to our Constitution; corroding our national sovereignty; and giving its assent to their acts of pretended legislation.

Among many other offenses, too numerous to list.

In every stage of these oppressions we have petitioned for redress in the most humble terms: our repeated petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A president, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

We believe that each Person owns his or her self, and that no one has a higher claim to a Person's life, liberties, and property than that Person does. Thus, we believe that no Person has a positive right to initiate aggression by force or fraud against another Person. Our stance is that involuntary government, especially of the intolerable sort conducted by the United States federal government, directly violates this principle.

We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in a Spirit of Liberty and Responsibility, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Moral Standard of nature and/or the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of this land, solemnly publish and declare, that these People are, and of right ought to be free and independent People; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the United States federal government, and that all political connection between them and the United States federal government, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free and independent People, guaranteed by our Forefathers the right to abolish any form of government that is destructive of their liberties, they have full power to defend their person, their family, and their property, to live at peace with one another, to contract with voluntary firms for their defense, legal recourse, and other services necessary to the protection of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent and free People may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor once again.

This Statement of Intention to Abolish the United States federal government, to be officially delivered on the Fifth of November in the Year 2008, We the People intend to effect on the Fifth of November in the Year 2009.
    music to my ears
    “...& they did it to make us safe?!? The media just pounds it in that without this type of operation we as Americans won’t be safe. And yet the exact opposite is happening.” Ron Paul on the killing of Soleimani

Nice idea but, aren't we supposed to call for a convention first?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Exactly how could we call for a constitutional convention?
    Last edited by RideTheDirt; 10-07-2008 at 05:59 PM.

sticky?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Signed, added to facebook, sent to all my friends to sign, I suggest you all do the same.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm scurred to sign.....what about king george guys

Quote Originally Posted by jyakulis View Post
    I'm scurred to sign.....what about king george guys
    Well there's 104 viewers of this thread and only 8 signatures so far.

You're not alone.

GROW SOME BALLS PEOPLE!!
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by RideTheDirt View Post
    Exactly how could we call for a constitutional convention?
    It might start with a petition to your state legislature. Our state legislators are grossly ignorant to the amount of power that the founders reserved to the states (found in both the 9th and—particularly—the 10th amendments). And no one, I say no one, hardly ever considers the fact that a 2/3 majority vote by the U.S. Congress is NOT the only way to pass an amendment. I would wager that, with less effort than it takes to win the support of an irreparably corrupted Federal Congress, we could get 3/4 of the states pissed off enough to do something.

But, it doesn't take 3/4 of the states to merely call for a convention. We just need one brave group of people.

New Hampshire might be able to get the ball rolling on this. They have the free-state-project thing.

It is time for our state governing bodies to start fighting to bring the power back down to a level much closer to the people (from which could continue to shrink to a level deemed most-suitable, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there).
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

buump...

I signed. Don't be scared to sign! If it is against the law to protect liberty and hold the people at the top responsible, than the signature and resistance was needed in the first place.

Thumbs up

I'll sign it when I have a chance to look over it. bumpity-bump!

Hosted at ronpauliswrong.angelfire.com ?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbatsu View Post
    Yea, what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpeachKingGeorgeII View Post
    Yea, what's up with that?
    This was a site in support of Ron Paul, I remember it ... still, for something like this, might want to change the domain name.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Why am I only the 12th person to sign this petition? It's gonna take more than a dozen patriots to save this country!

eb
    Been a long time....

This is probably the best way I've seen so far to get put in a federal prison for doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    This is probably the best way I've seen so far to get put in a federal prison for doing nothing.
    We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in a Spirit of Liberty and Responsibility, assembled, appealing to the Supreme Moral Standard of nature and/or the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by the authority of the good people of this land, solemnly publish and declare, that these People are, and of right ought to be free and independent People; that they are absolved from all allegiance to the United States federal government, and that all political connection between them and the United States federal government, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as free and independent People, guaranteed by our Forefathers the right to abolish any form of government that is destructive of their liberties, they have full power to defend their person, their family, and their property, to live at peace with one another, to contract with voluntary firms for their defense, legal recourse, and other services necessary to the protection of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent and free People may of right do. And for the support of this declaration, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor once again.

What's wrong with this?

20th signature. Step up folks.

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."
    "History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." - Mark Twain

Twitter - @kevinmckenz
    Blog - Never Say Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Kennedy View Post
    20th signature. Step up folks.

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately."
    I guess you were #13. I think the site is counting folks who don't confirm the email addy on the front page, but all the verified sigs are seen here:
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...vt/signatures/

eb
    Been a long time....

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbatsu View Post
    I snagged the "ronpauliswrong" URL back during the primaries to prevent an actual opponent of Ron Paul from getting it, and I used the site as an informational page on why "Ron Paul is right." Since I had already paid all the fees to run the site under the "ronpauliswrong" URL, I decided to get another cheap URL ("11-05.com") and mask it to save money. Sorry, but I'm tight on cash. :P
    "Self-imposed limits on sovereign power can disarm mistrust, but provide no guarantee of liberty and property beyond those afforded by the balance between state and private force." - Anthony de Jasay

GARY JOHNSON 2012

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    User requested to be banned for time reasons

bump

I think the constitution we have now is just fine. We need to focus more on educating the rest of the people of the united states about our cause, and not sitting on a website signing a meaningless document that has no chance in hell of getting any recognition other than from the NSA and the Homeland Security Dept. People on here are say that americans are lazy and they just are sheep and dont pay attention. Most of us on here might pay attention but i dont see anyone trying to become a shepard to lead the flock elsewhere other than down a dead ending path. Everyone here seems to be dependent on ron paul and his people to get the job done while we support him. How does this make us any better than the rest of the sheep, and how will you explain to them that he is the shepard that we should be following. I'm starting to get sick of this forum. You all are great people, with good intentions (most of you), its sad to see that you all spend more time talking about the issues, and money bombs, rather than reading books and trying to get involved in politics yourself. I think that is what ron paul would want.

Quote Originally Posted by Razmear View Post
    I guess you were #13. I think the site is counting folks who don't confirm the email addy on the front page, but all the verified sigs are seen here:
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...vt/signatures/

eb
    Well I'm #12 on that list.
    "History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." - Mark Twain

Twitter - @kevinmckenz
    Blog - Never Say Nothing

theres no strong introduction like thomas jeffersons declaration has, introdudicing that they are formally declaring independence and stating the natural born rights people have and how if the government violates these rights it is their duty to alter or abolish it.

Quote Originally Posted by cien750hp View Post
    theres no strong introduction like thomas jeffersons declaration has, introdudicing that they are formally declaring independence and stating the natural born rights people have and how if the government violates these rights it is their duty to alter or abolish it.
    Point taken. We'll see if we can reword it a bit. Thank you.

GARY JOHNSON 2012

Last edited by daviddee; 08-26-2021 at 05:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast