Thread: do we get our 850 billion back?

do we get our 850 billion back?

we should.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed. Write your congressmen. Maybe we can get one of those $#@!s to write a bill invalidating the last one.

I wonder how much of the "money" (I use that term loosely) has actually changed hands? Do you think that most of it is still on paper?

Quote Originally Posted by tmosley View Post
    Indeed. Write your congressmen. Maybe we can get one of those $#@!s to write a bill invalidating the last one.
    Repeal the bail out and add a law which stipulates that former heads/executives of investment houses or indeed any sizeable financial institution cannot be treasury secretaries.

"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

Well, let's see. One of the first transactions:

Broker deal with JP Morgan to buy Wachovia for $2.1 B. Taxpayers pick up the rest.
    WF offers to buy Wachovia days later for $15 Billion with no taxpayer money.

How the govt postures on this will show how the rest will unfold.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Pitchforks and torches

8-)
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Churchill

Wake up in the morning with No Agenda
    http://www.noagendashow.com