Thread: "Farming With Nature: A Case Study of Successful Temperate Permaculture"

Cool "Farming With Nature: A Case Study of Successful Temperate Permaculture"

I found this video to be quite interesting. Has anyone else heard of this kind of agriculture?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My mom used the same type of approach when she grew up in Poland, although their system was more for a family rather than a farm. That video is such a tease, I'd love to see another 4-5 hours on that guy's farm.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I piled up a bunch of trees and wood and expect that to become rich fertile soil that retains moisture and supplies nutrients for a garden.

I've been clearing up the front few acres where I just moved (the part fenced off that I consider my yard is about two acres and is about a third wooded). Anyway, my goal is to landscape with native plants.

The place has two huge post oaks, a huge black walnut, a decent shortleaf pine, and the rest is basically a Mexican plum thicket (and hercules club)...great start but not too too much. So I've spent two straight weeks cleaning up the fence line, pruning trees, basically shaping things up before fall, and I've discovered several saplings on the edge of the woods that I got excited about.

Witch Hazel
    Yaupon Holly
    Sassafras
    Several Wax Myrtles
    2 American Beautyberries
    Some boxelder maples
    Persimmon tree

Today, I ran to town with my family, and when I came back my neighbor had bushogged my place (I had asked him to...i just thought I'd be there). The saplings didn't make it.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate