Thread: Bailout vote put off till Friday Admin Note: *UNCONFIRMED*

Bailout vote put off till Friday Admin Note: *UNCONFIRMED*

CNN just reported that the senate will put off the bail out vote till Friday

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    HAHAHAH those senators are getting BOMBARDED and rightly so. I think it should be put off for a very long time and lets see if the market fixes itself. Why the rush? We are going to have a recession with or without it. I say BOLLOKS to any bail out! The people are AGAINST it! tones

This is confirmation that they do not have the votes. They are going to pressure each other, and the lobbyists will pressure them, to support it. We must keep up the pressure from our end as well!

Seven hundred billion is too damned much to pay for a band-aid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Good. More time for more faxes.

Obviously they have realized that they do not have enough votes!

Good work everyone! KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!!!
    " Let it not be said that we did nothing." -- Ron Paul

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -- Ron Paul

Considering the bill is 400 pages long, it's nice that they give them at least two days to read it.

OMG! It has grown THAT much?!?!?

Horrifying to imagine everything that might be in there!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixrising View Post
    is it online anywhere???
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=160074

WHAT THE HECK? It was 110 pages long 3 days ago! It's morphing before our eyes! TONES

Do we have confirmation of the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkmedman View Post
    CNN just reported that the senate will put off the bail out vote till Friday
    YouTube or it didn't happen.

Bloomberg.com headline says Senate vote tonight, House on Friday. No change on MSNBC.com or CNN.com either.

Do not let up on those Senators, people. They are voting tonight.
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

Mitch McConnell just said they are still voting tonight?
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

CNBC is reporting that the vote is on for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones
    HAHAHAH those senators are getting BOMBARDED and rightly so. I think it should be put off for a very long time and lets see if the market fixes itself. Why the rush? We are going to have a recession with or without it. I say BOLLOKS to any bail out! The people are AGAINST it! tones
    I think you are on to something, here....I have been thinking about this...the longer they delay the longer they may be able to justify prolonging any legislative action. Especially since their is so much voter blowback.

maybe they put out Friday as mis-info so we would lower our guard/lighten up on the email bombs. Then they go ahead and vote tonight and it is a done deal.

I'm not surprised it has grown. It takes a lot of pork to get someone to sell their soul (at least for the ones that haven't already)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I think you are on to something, here....I have been thinking about this...the longer they delay the longer they may be able to justify prolonging any legislative action. Especially since their is so much voter blowback.

Let me just jump in here - I heard the same thing myself on CNN but I haven't heard it confirmed on any other news stations. I agree, this could just be a way to get us to let down our guard. Afterall, this is POLITICS, remember? I suggest that we remain vigilant and keep pounding them hard until we can get it confirmed from all the stations!

LG

Quote Originally Posted by libertygrl
    I suggest that we remain vigilant and keep pounding them hard until we can get it confirmed from all the stations!
    Agreed!

My point, however, is that the "urgency" issue might be a harder sell to the american people the longer they wait. It could actually work to our advantage.

Let me ask a stupid question about our corrupt system, ahem. So, if we, the people, are supposed to be in touch with our Congresspeople in regards to specific bills and we want to be good little voters and read these bills prior to calling our Congressfolk--how in the hell were we supposed to read this thing that was voted on, on Monday, when it seems it's just been released to the public?

Now they are going to vote tonight? How in God's name is anyone supposed to truly be an informed person in this effed up process? Hell, even the people actually in Congress haven't had time to read through this 451 page abomination, much less the rest of us. I just got the .pdf loaded a half-hour ago.

(Yeah, okay, I know, TPTB don't actually want us peons involved in the process or we might spoil their fun.)

P.S. 25 billion went to US automakers while we weren't looking is the word on the street. Neato!

i Google News searched "'senate' 'vote' 'friday'" and there is nothing that talks about any change of plans to push it to Friday. You sure they weren't talking about the House vote which is supposed to be Friday?

Maybe the house will vote Friday, but all signs point to this being still on for tonight in the senate.
    “One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.” - Thomas Brackett Reed

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416
    Let me ask a stupid question about our corrupt system, ahem. So, if we, the people, are supposed to be in touch with our Congresspeople in regards to specific bills and we want to be good little voters and read these bills prior to calling our Congressfolk--how in the hell were we supposed to read this thing that was voted on, on Monday, when it seems it's just been released to the public?

Now they are going to vote tonight? How in God's name is anyone supposed to truly be an informed person in this effed up process? Hell, even the people actually in Congress haven't had time to read through this 451 page abomination, much less the rest of us. I just got the .pdf loaded a half-hour ago.

(Yeah, okay, I know, TPTB don't actually want us peons involved in the process or we might spoil their fun.)

P.S. 25 billion went to US automakers while we weren't looking is the word on the street. Neato!
    Great point. Shouldn't We the People need to read each bill before we can instruct our representative on how we wish for them to vote?

I think we should have an amendment that a bill can only be three pages, size 10 font. single spaced. One side per page. Limit 10 bills per session.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    Considering the bill is 400 pages long, it's nice that they give them at least two days to read it.
    400 pages?

When it was first released it was two pages. How'd it get so big?

Quote Originally Posted by nodope0695 View Post
    400 pages?

When it was first released it was two pages. How'd it get so big?
    Yes, 400 pages. I don't know the answer to your question, but here it is in all it's .pdf glory. I've been trying to read it on the computer as I don't have enough ink or paper to print the damn thing out. http://senateconservatives.files.wor...o08c32_xml.pdf

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Angry Wtf???!!!!

Look close at the part called "RESTRUCTURING OF TRUST FUND DEBT."

This gives a DISTURBING, almost god-like powers to Paulson! These $#@!s who wrote this should be drawn and quartered for treason!