Thread: All spending bills must originate in the house

Chester Copperpot

All spending bills must originate in the house

Since all spending bills must originate in the House and NOT the Senate can we do something along this argument to negate the Senate adding this bailout bill to a bill previously passed by the House?

I view this as a circumvention of the Constitution...

Can we add this to our argument?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Since all spending bills must originate in the House and NOT the Senate can we do something along this argument to negate the Senate adding this bailout bill to a bill previously passed by the House?

I view this as a circumvention of the Constitution...

Can we add this to our argument?
    Doubtful we can do anything. The bill they are leeching off of DID pass the house, they are just "amending" the bill to add 700B to it. Apparently they do this fairly often to do an end run around the Constitution - makes me sick but doubt screaming about it will make any difference.
    Disclaimer
    Nothing I post is the official stance of the US Air Force. I am speaking as an individual under my first amendment rights.

Change for the sake of change but not doing the right thing is pure folly. Our Revolution must prevail. And it will!
    Ron Paul

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by afmatt View Post
    Doubtful we can do anything. The bill they are leeching off of DID pass the house, they are just "amending" the bill to add 700B to it. Apparently they do this fairly often to do an end run around the Constitution - makes me sick but doubt screaming about it will make any difference.
    Yes, I understand. However the AMENDED bill did not originate in the house.

To me this violates the Constitution..

Does anybody agree with me on this?

Thats one thing we need to do too.. Vote these $#@!ers out for violating the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Mitrosky View Post
    Yes, I understand. However the AMENDED bill did not originate in the house.

To me this violates the Constitution..

Does anybody agree with me on this?

Thats one thing we need to do too.. Vote these $#@!ers out for violating the Constitution.
    The amended bill is H.R. 1424

Senate amended version of HR 1424: http://banking.senate.gov/public/_fi...O08C32_xml.pdf

no the constitution is just a dam piece of paper, so they will not bother following it. this is no surprise. the senate will ignore the people and the constitution.

disgusting. the colorado senators will not answer phones, emails do not work and im sure fax machines are off.

they will ignore us as they vote this thru, it is coming no matter what..... the writing is on the wall.
    i am above angry.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

It's all propaganda... IF they say YES enough times and SPIN it in the SENATE... it will be broadcasted by the 4th branch of governemnt (MSM)...

and force the questionable representatives to turn their vote, or look like an ASS!

SPIN DOCTORS working OT form all CORNERS now!!!
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Also note that this bill will likely pass as only 1/3 of senators are up for re-election and Americans have the memory-span of a gnat and likely won't hold the 2/3 that are likely to vote for it accountable.

I'm basing this on the fact that many of the 'no's in the House were rep's who were in close races with their competitors.

Also note that the MSM propaganda, from Limbaugh to Fox to CNN, have all been saying...

"People aren't in favor of this bailout 'as it is written'".

No people aren't in favor of ANY bailout. It's a few of our retarded rep's who weren't in favor "as it was written". And they will likely get their 218 votes on this new bill when the amended sections are sent back for approval.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 10-01-2008 at 01:35 PM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

We don't need Homeland Security, we need a Constitutional Guard!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.