Thread: All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House

Post All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House

Article 1, Section 7: All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.

Our constitution makes it clear that bills for raising revenue must originate in the House of Representatives. The reason that they must originate in the House of Representatives is that the Constitution believes they are elected continuously every two years, and directly represent the people. No taxation without Representation. The States themselves originally appointed the senators, and even now do not as directly represent the people, not being elected every election cycle, and not being as approachable.

They are trying to pass this in the senate because they feel it will be easier, because not all the senators are up for re-election, and won't listen to the people as well. This will give it more momentum they feel.

The very reason they are trying to pass this in the Senate first is the exact reason why they are forbidden to by the Constitution. [B]Only the House of Representatives can pass pass bills for raising revenue. No taxation without Representation. This bill raises the debt ceiling and the amount of revenue to be collected another 700 billion dollars, the largest amount ever.

--------

They'll trying to tack this onto a revenue bill from the House, but that bill also failed Monday, so its never gone to the Senate to be amended!

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/30/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Senate plans to vote on the $700 billion bank rescue plan Wednesday evening - two days after the House failed to pass it.

The bill adds new provisions - including raising the FDIC insurance cap to $250,000 from $100,000 - and will be attached to an existing revenue bill that the House also rejected Monday, according to several Democratic leadership aides.
    Last edited by BeFranklin; 09-30-2008 at 09:36 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

As I said before, this is basically an earmark and McCain/Obama are about to support the largest earmark in American and world history. This will never be surpassed by any other earmark...ever..when this fails to do anything to the economy, I strongly doubt America will allow the Senate to pull this $#@! again, but then again, it's America. Most of these d-bags will get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by socialize_me View Post
    As I said before, this is basically an earmark and McCain/Obama are about to support the largest earmark in American and world history. This will never be surpassed by any other earmark...ever..when this fails to do anything to the economy, I strongly doubt America will allow the Senate to pull this $#@! again, but then again, it's America. Most of these d-bags will get re-elected.
    Good point, if mcCain or obama pass this bill as an earmark, they should be $#@!ed by the mainstream media, of course, i doubt it will even be brought up.

I half hope it passes just so we can say we told you so...

Although the bill they are attaching it to has passed the house already, since it is being amended, doesn't it have to pass once more through the house?!

im guessing as said above they will use the senate passing it as pressure for the house to finish the job?

someone explain if im wrong, because if all the senate has to do is pass this by amending a bill already passed, and then send it to the president, i have a feeling there will be some serious protesting going on, and i mean SERIOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vote Waterman 2028 View Post
    Good point, if mcCain or obama pass this bill as an earmark, they should be $#@!ed by the mainstream media, of course, i doubt it will even be brought up.
    They both BUY the MEDIA... those pandering hacks and the WEALTH/ELITIST/ZIONIST that pull their STrings!

Like RP states... Pretty MUCH the Same thing both Democrats and Republicans.

It's a Big Facade and a Charade!

PS: How the hell do these analysis get on TV, MY GOD, they're the biggest bunch of Idiots I've painfully had to listen to their Spew.

most are $ 6 - 7 figure salaries... EVen the media is a UpSide Down Pyramid Scheme!

Anybody catch Huckabee's FOX show? = FAIL
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Guys...they BLATANTLY disregard the Constitution EVERY DAY.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    I half hope it passes just so we can say we told you so...
    I feel that way too, but then again we are currently saying "Ron Paul told you so!!", and yet that doesn't seem to sink in...he's being listened to more, but what good is listening to someone if you're going to do what you want to do anyway??? The American People aren't calling and protesting because they understand the Federal Reserve and fractional-reserve banking systems; they're protesting because they don't like corporations. Exxon Mobil makes record profits (yet their profit margin is among the smallest in multinational corporations--Wal Mart and Visa have higher profit margins) and they're hated on. Americans don't like corporations because we have this jealousy and contempt for rich people. The American People oppose this legislation mostly for the wrong reasons, and you can have Ron Paul be right about this, the next issue that arises, and the one following up after that; Americans won't get it. We're all in the lifeboats already because we know the ship is sinking while the rest are on the boat. We'll be pushed out of the lifeboats when the masses figure out what's going on, and in that scenario, we're fighting for survival among the idiots who allowed it to happen. I say America needs this depression badly, we need to get screwed hardcore by the Government, and we'll still be completely retarded.

We see people in business suits and are envious...never will we have 10% of the population understand WTF the Federal Reserve does. That's okay, though, because the Revolution was won with a population in the minority; most Americans didn't want to go to war or supported Britain---few actually wanted independence. What's sad is that we'll sacrifice so much to attain it while the masses benefit from our toil and stress.

They'll trying to tack this onto a revenue bill from the House, but that bill also failed Monday, so its never gone to the Senate to be amended!

http://money.cnn.com/2008/09/30/news...ex.htm?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Senate plans to vote on the $700 billion bank rescue plan Wednesday evening - two days after the House failed to pass it.

The bill adds new provisions - including raising the FDIC insurance cap to $250,000 from $100,000 - and will be attached to an existing revenue bill that the House also rejected Monday, according to several Democratic leadership aides.